Without Warning: Hoarding RAIDS

42 replies to this topic

#41 Jeepers

Jeepers

Family Member

• Users2
  • 6,834 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

When I think of raiders I think of the type in the movies. They rush in and tear up the place. I don't see them as going through boxes. I see them dumping out the contents and moving on to the next box and dumping it out. In and out and on to the next. Nothing gentle nor polite about them. Sort of a motor cycle gang, Hell's Angels type of deal. (No offense to the good Angels :engel-smilies-10-1: )

Wish I could afford a climate controled, away from the house 'POD'

You can't always get what you want, babe

But if you try sometimes, you just might find

You get what you need.

~Mick and Keith~

#42 lumabean

lumabean
  • Users2
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

I've been thinking about this scenario, and wonder if the hoardes would be as thorough or tossing things around if they find what appears to be a hidden cache of items? Sort of something that would look like we were hiding things, but yet still relatively easy to find so they come across it before tearing things up so much they find the main stash -- if they came across something like that, I wonder if they'd think that was it and move on if it seemed to be well-rounded, maybe even include a fake master list of what we stored (just including those items right there).

Eh, maybe not. Still trying to think of how we can save the bulk of our preps and thought perhaps a sort of sacrificial cahce may throw the hoardes off the main items stored.

Edited by lumabean, 25 November 2012 - 04:39 PM.

#43 Mt_Rider

Mt_Rider

Honored Family Member

• Moderators
  • 10,270 posts
  • Interests:horses, rural living

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Be worth a try. Levels of hidden. Whoever (raiders, ordinary theives, unwanted relatives... <_< ) is searching might be distracted from the main cache.

MtRider {but I have to warn you :busted: not to fool yourself and have things go bad.... :rolleyes: }
Sarcina Rat A Voluntas

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users