Photo

dangerous site message!

15 replies to this topic

#1 goatherder

goatherder

Honored Family Member

• Users2
  • 1,302 posts
  • Interests:gardening, raising animals, photography, cooking/preserving, sewing/quilting, reading

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

My virus software declares MrsS a dangerous site. Every time I try to go from one page to another I get a nasty message about how it is a malicioius site. What is going on? Could someone send me an email?

"A task is only work if you would rather be doing something else."

#2 goatherder

goatherder

Honored Family Member

• Users2
  • 1,302 posts
  • Interests:gardening, raising animals, photography, cooking/preserving, sewing/quilting, reading

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

OK. I tried using Google Chrome and my computer is happy.

"A task is only work if you would rather be doing something else."

#3 mommato3boys

mommato3boys

19th century girl stuck in the 21st century

• Users2
  • 4,547 posts
  • Interests:digging in the dirt, camping, reading, crafts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

I had the same message. It said this site had a virus and to protect my computer it would not be opened.
Posted Image
wife to a darling man since 1981 and mother to 3 wonderful young men.
http://muffiesplace.blogspot.com
Don't tick off a redhead it very well could be the last thing you ever do.

#4 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

I'm having display issues here. Switched earlier to google chrome and it was okay for just a bit, now it's back to samo samo. I did get a message "norton306" but didn't click on it. Haven't gotten it since. Nothing's coming up on my spy-bot, anti-virus or anti-malware runs.

(formerly known as Philbe)

Matthew 6:11  "Give us this day our daily bread...amen." 

Phillipians 4:19  "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus....amen"

1 Corinthians 13:4-8  "Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things"...let me walk this out Lord.

#5 Amishway Homesteaders

Amishway Homesteaders

Living the Homestead Life

• Users2
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

I can't get anywhere here in last few days?Tried 'shout' but it never loads what I typed?Now whenever I am on there is a lot of things trying to download from this site?HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
= = = = Michael and Lori = = = =THE AMISHWAY HOMESTEADERS
= = = in touch with the past = = =

http://www.freewebs....hway_homestead/
Posted Image

#6 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,705 posts
  • Interests:God & Life

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

We are working on it. :runcirclsmiley2: Sorry it is taking so long.... :banghead:

See:

http://mrssurvival.c...=0

I've just sent them 2 inquiries asking for a status. It's been 24 hours since we last heard from them.

snip.......

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#7 kappydell

kappydell

Family Member

• Users2
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:self reliance; lo-tech living; cooking, crafts, anything to do with food!!, camping, livestock, garden & orchard, hunting, fishing, trapping, camping, etc.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

I got that too just now...had to use another route to get in here!
Our content is only dangerous if it hurt your head to think; hope nobody tagged us with a nasty virus!

#8 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

I got that too just now...had to use another route to get in here!
Our content is only dangerous if it hurt your head to think; hope nobody tagged us with a nasty virus!

Still? Crud.....

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#9 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Anyone still getting security warnings?

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#10 Cowgirl

Cowgirl

Family Member

• Users2
  • 1,356 posts
  • Interests:Homesteading, gardening, Reiki, fiber arts, soap, canning, horses, dogs, goats, chickens

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Anyone still getting security warnings?

Not here. Using Firefox. Was getting warnings last time I checked in, but this time, none.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." Thomas Jefferson

Cowgirl

#11 kappydell

kappydell

Family Member

• Users2
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:self reliance; lo-tech living; cooking, crafts, anything to do with food!!, camping, livestock, garden & orchard, hunting, fishing, trapping, camping, etc.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

still showing up on my 'puter. had to use the back door again. It was the first thing that pops up when I query Mrs Survival...MrsSurvivalWarning: Dangerous DownloadsOne stop source for women to gather and learn about preparedness. Featured is the Forum, MrsSurvival.com's Survival Talk for Women.www.mrssurvival.com

Edited by kappydell, 17 November 2012 - 02:09 AM.

#12 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:00 AM

still showing up on my 'puter. had to use the back door again. It was the first thing that pops up when I query Mrs Survival...MrsSurvivalWarning: Dangerous DownloadsOne stop source for women to gather and learn about preparedness. Featured is the Forum, MrsSurvival.com's Survival Talk for Women.www.mrssurvival.com

Have you cleared your browser's history, cookies, and finalized it by doing disc cleanup? I find if I do not do it regularly on my computers they sometimes retain the info in the cookies and give me trouble surfing.

I ran another security check. Norton gave MrsSurvival an all clean rating.

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#13 kappydell

kappydell

Family Member

• Users2
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

I am not sure this computer likes me. I can't get Java to work, either, and have tried everything on the help sites. yes, I routinely do disk cleanups. I just presume it is this wierd computer.

#14 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

I know there has been a lot of talk about older versions of internet explorer not being able to handle some of the programming and they recommend updating to Version 8.

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#15 kappydell

kappydell

Family Member

• Users2
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

well, that tears it. i cant access new posts in the forum. the computer keeps telling me 'no new posts found' and I know THAT isnt true.
The normal access still says 'warning, dangerous post' on it. Grrrr

#16 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,705 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

well, that tears it. i cant access new posts in the forum. the computer keeps telling me 'no new posts found' and I know THAT isnt true.
The normal access still says 'warning, dangerous post' on it. Grrrr

Hi Lady,

I go here, as a double check, even do it for video and image posts : http://safeweb.norton.com/

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As for the issue with 'no new posts found', after you click on the "View New Content" choose your options from the box on the left side of the screen.

New content

Explore content from the community

If you are still having trouble, try clearing your cookies, internet data, and do a disc clean up. Sometimes, temporary cookies like to surface and override the current settings.

PM me if you are still having trouble.

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users