Photo

Mom is in the hospital

31 replies to this topic

#21 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

TM...thanks for the heads up on caring for the finger as well as COPD. She's in her 80's and had battled this demon for the past 10 years or so. She wears a mask when she goes outside because she's been told she's allergic to "environmental allergies"...??? Anyway, you have to go with what her DR tells her because to her, he walks on water. He's a cardiac DR but he does call in pulmonary DR's when she's in hospital. I wish she had a regular pulmonary DR to take a different approach to COPD instead of dosing her up with antibiotics and steroids. She's got her inhalers, she's got her oxygen tanks, she's got her nebulizer...but come fall all hell breaks loose for her. I'm just not sure her staying "holed up" inside her house and wearing a mask to go outside is the answer???

(formerly known as Philbe)

Matthew 6:11  "Give us this day our daily bread...amen." 

Phillipians 4:19  "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus....amen"

1 Corinthians 13:4-8  "Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things"...let me walk this out Lord.

#22 Mt_Rider

Mt_Rider

Honored Family Member

• Moderators
  • 9,450 posts
  • Interests:horses, rural living

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Praying for both moms.

Careful with peroxide...it eats tissue....

Change bandage often to keep a CLOSE eye out for undue redness around the wound. Now that bleeding is under control, loosen the wrap. Free the circulation of both air and blood.

As for dog bite report...you can always blow it off with 'excited puppy grabbed me instead of toy'.... :whistling: [having a puppy and knowing how often that happens by accident. Sharp little razor teeth, they have! Good opportunity to properly socialize the pup.

Post-Hooey....these are the situation in which we might have to resort to a well-researched round of antibiotics despite having no doctor/pharmacist available...... Get the knowledge/stuff now.

MtRider :pray:
Sarcina Rat A Voluntas

#23 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

Thanks MtR for more advice! All is truly appreciated. I'll go loosen things up shortly and keep the wound slathered with the antibiotic ointment.

Phillipians 4:19  "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus....amen"

1 Corinthians 13:4-8  "Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things"...let me walk this out Lord.

#24 Ambergris

Ambergris

Family Member

• Users2
  • 3,387 posts
  • Interests:Reading. Writing. Gardening and permaculture. Cat-wrangling. Puppy-feeding. Beekeeping.

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

Update, Gofish?

Philbe, consider hot salt-water soaks if it shows the first sign of redness or swelling.

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." Edward R. Murrow (1908-1965)

#25 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

Finger is looking good...not near as "touchy" when bumped and it's stopped bleeding when bumped. Keeping bandaide only on now and also when in shower...changing after shower. Remote is still working effectively on the little bugger that bit me!

#26 gofish

gofish

my Dear Husband's cheerleader

• Users2
  • 1,467 posts
  • Interests:reading, old cookbooks , how to books

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

They are going to release her today but I don't think she has much longer before she goes to her home in heaven.

#27 lumabean

lumabean
  • Users2
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

They are going to release her today but I don't think she has much longer before she goes to her home in heaven.

(((((((gofish)))))))

I am so sorry.

Many, many prayers for your mom, and your family.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

Edited by lumabean, 20 November 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#28 Jeepers

Jeepers

Family Member

• Users2
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

(((((((Gofish)))))))

:pray:

You can't always get what you want, babe

But if you try sometimes, you just might find

You get what you need.

~Mick and Keith~

#29 MomM

MomM

Family Member

• Users2
  • 3,070 posts
  • Interests:sewing, quilting, cooking, crafts, reading

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

(((((Gofish)))))
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
"We can do no great things, only small things with great love" Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

#30 ma & pa steel

ma & pa steel

Family Friend

• Users2
  • 303 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

:pray: (((((Gofish))))) went thru this with my mom a few years ago, keeping you and her in my prayers. :pray:
Posted ImagePosted Image

No Congress, no President has been strong enough to stand up to the foreign-controlled Federal Reserve Bank.

Thomas Jefferson was concise in his early warning to the American nation, "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

#31 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,525 posts
  • Interests:God & Life

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

(((((((((Gofish))))))))

:pray:

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#32 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hugs to gofish! My mom's due home today...sometimes. While in hospital, they dealt with fungus infection on her toe nails so she's "hobbling" around. Wish they'd of waited until she was stronger. Gonna fix a bit extra food for Thanksgiving because son's got the flu (a friend was ill and he volunteered to go help...grrrr!) and mom's hobbling and I'll take plates for them. Son's going to get his left in foil on back porch grill and a phone call to tell him to come get it. Sorry...aint going anywhere near the flu bug, even if we did take the flu shot! And don't want to be carriers to mom either. Grrrrrf!!!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users