MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I have made cranberry sauce many times for my family and this year something odd.The berries are really full of tiny hard seed that crunch in your teeth..this is weird..My middle daughter that lives in another county 40 miles away, had the same experience..shopped at different stores.all Ocean Spray. All were frozeen at time of purchase..I still have homecanned cran sauce from 2 years ago and you can<t see the seeds in it like these new batches..nobody is very happy about it. Thought I would mention it and see if this happened to anyone else. Katmom

This is the first year of GMO Cranberries in order to have enough for the holiday demand, which may be the reason for the difference.

SERIOUSLY?!?!?! Ugh. I need to check my fresh cranberries I just bought. I didn't know I needed to look for organic cranberries now too.

Actually I was mistaken on the time frame. It was actually in 2008, not this year, when they were introduced.

http://www.drcutler.com/diet/gm-cranberries-for-thanksgiving-18884177/

I seriously doubt that an 'organic' label makes any difference. The label or product code is your best reference and even that is no guarantee if the supplier does not want you to know. Fortunately there are lists on the Internet that you can search.