The main point of Darwinism is not the idea of evolution

5 replies to this topic

#1 Midnightmom

Midnightmom

Y2K Leftover

• Users2
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

I must admit, I've never thought of Darwin's Theory of Evolution in quite this way. It makes a whole lot of sense. Thought I would share it with fellow h-schoolers so you can pass it on to your children.

Critical thinking is soooooooooooooooo impt, isn't it?

The main point of Darwinism is not the idea of evolution. That idea long preceded Darwinism. It goes back to classical Greece. The main point of Darwinism is to promote the idea of purposeless life prior to the advent of man. It promotes the idea that all life came out of a purposeless universe, and until the advent of man, there was no purpose in the universe.

The main motivation of Darwinists has always been to elevate man as a replacement of God. What God is not allowed to do, namely, shape history, including cosmic history, in terms of His purposes, man is now said to be able to do, and therefore he has a responsibility to do it. It is the elevation of man as the new God that is the essence of Darwinism, not the doctrine of evolution. This is why Darwinism is a religion.

Read more: http://teapartyecono.../#ixzz2E9CwBfTI

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

As nations cannot be rewarded or punished in the next world, they must be in this.

By an inevitable chain of causes and effects, Providence punishes national sins by national calamities.

George Mason, Father of the "Bill of Rights"

#2 goatherder

goatherder

Honored Family Member

• Users2
  • 1,302 posts
  • Interests:gardening, raising animals, photography, cooking/preserving, sewing/quilting, reading

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hmmm...Darwin observed during his voyage on he HMS Beagle that organisms were adapted to their environment (Darwin's finches on the Galapagos Islands, for example). He also observed that the fossil record reflected changes in organisms over long periods of time. I was never quite sure how this conflicted with the view that God created everything. Perhaps it's just a more detailed look at the mechanisms by which creatures were brought to their current forms. It's a good thing that organisms can adapt to new or changing environments, otherwise many more would now be extinct! Just look at the way plants adapt to changing climate. They spread into more hospitable environments and at times adapt to less hospitable ones.

"A task is only work if you would rather be doing something else."

#3 Twilight

Twilight

New Friend

• Users2
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

At least he recanted or tried to before he died.

#4 Midnightmom

Midnightmom

Y2K Leftover

• Users2
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hmmm...Darwin observed during his voyage on he HMS Beagle that organisms were adapted to their environment (Darwin's finches on the Galapagos Islands, for example). He also observed that the fossil record reflected changes in organisms over long periods of time. I was never quite sure how this conflicted with the view that God created everything. Perhaps it's just a more detailed look at the mechanisms by which creatures were brought to their current forms. It's a good thing that organisms can adapt to new or changing environments, otherwise many more would now be extinct! Just look at the way plants adapt to changing climate. They spread into more hospitable environments and at times adapt to less hospitable ones.

You are describing ADAPTATION, not evolution. More from the article (which is linked above):

Darwinists do not rejoice when somebody says that he believes in evolution, but, an evolutionary process guided by God. This idea is anathema to the Darwinists. Darwin took his stand against exactly this position

Edited by Midnightmom, 21 December 2012 - 07:56 PM.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

As nations cannot be rewarded or punished in the next world, they must be in this.

By an inevitable chain of causes and effects, Providence punishes national sins by national calamities.

George Mason, Father of the "Bill of Rights"

#5 ScrubbieLady

ScrubbieLady

Family Member

• Users2
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

I took a Bible class my freshman year in college (Southern Baptist college, required course). It was taught by a local pastor. i will never forget his statement. The Bible tells him what God did, science tries to tell him how God did it.

#6 goatherder

goatherder

Honored Family Member

• Users2
  • 1,302 posts
  • Interests:gardening, raising animals, photography, cooking/preserving, sewing/quilting, reading

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

There is no convincing evidence that he recanted.

http://creation.com/...s-darwin-recant

"A task is only work if you would rather be doing something else."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users