Photo

Work place violence

22 replies to this topic

#21 rainygardener

rainygardener
  • Users2
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Healthcare field, landscaping, heirloom vegetable gardening, prepping and sharing self reliance.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

I'm just glad I got out without wounds, or in a casket.

#22 Mt_Rider

Mt_Rider

Honored Family Member

• Moderators
  • 9,798 posts
  • Interests:horses, rural living

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Violence in places that are so very UNexpected are real mind-benders! We had an incident at OUR CHURCH! OK...I've worked in rough areas of cities and I still froze. Not that I was in danger but I was actually one that could have stepped into this [fairly minor] encounter and stopped it before it really got started. I have the training and skills. But it so shocked me that my mind was playing tricks on me. Creating alternative reasons for what I was seeing. Man, that irritates me! :motz_6: I prefer reality straight up without my brain sugar-coating it. I've pondered on that incident long and often. What can we do to make that NOT happen again.

Replaying and finding out just where you would like to do things differently makes you a better survivor for any other situation. Short of obsession or scaring yourself, keep pondering this. Process it as long as you need to, Rainy, in order to be able to let the anxiety about it finally go. Fearing for our life has not been so common in our era of time. But..... it's getting more so...or so it seems.

MtRider :grouphug:
Sarcina Rat A Voluntas

#23 rainygardener

rainygardener
  • Users2
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Healthcare field, landscaping, heirloom vegetable gardening, prepping and sharing self reliance.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Thank you.
It has been a long week of pondering. I know I did the right thing by leaving and lucky to have gotten out.
My cell phone has not left my side, nor will it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users