#21 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Cold, but no moisture.

(formerly known as Philbe)

Matthew 6:11  "Give us this day our daily bread...amen." 

Phillipians 4:19  "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus....amen"

1 Corinthians 13:4-8  "Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things"...let me walk this out Lord.

#22 out_of_the_ordinary

out_of_the_ordinary
  • Users2
  • 1,539 posts
  • Interests:New Mama, 2nd Amendment, gluten-free (celiac), gardening, genealogy, reading

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Watched the noon news. Many accidents. Plow trucks haven't really been out. (Booo PennDot!) People are advised to stay home if they can. Apparently a few of the wrecks were people trying to get to stores to return/exchange Christmas gifts. :shakinghead:

The problem is the layer of ice under the several inches of snow. Some areas are getting straight snow now, others the sleet and freezing rain, on top of the layer of snow. It's messy out there. DH left work early and is making his way home. :pray: (I told him to call off :tapfoot: )
Psalm 27:13

I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.

#23 Daylily

Daylily
  • Users2
  • 923 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Watched the noon news. Many accidents. Plow trucks haven't really been out. (Booo PennDot!) People are advised to stay home if they can. Apparently a few of the wrecks were people trying to get to stores to return/exchange Christmas gifts. :shakinghead:

The problem is the layer of ice under the several inches of snow. Some areas are getting straight snow now, others the sleet and freezing rain, on top of the layer of snow. It's messy out there. DH left work early and is making his way home. :pray: (I told him to call off :tapfoot: )

I hope he made it home safely!

#24 Mt_Rider

Mt_Rider

Honored Family Member

• Moderators
  • 9,662 posts
  • Interests:horses, rural living

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

OutOfOrdinary posted in Shout that her DH made it home! :cheer:

MY DH, however... :shakinghead: Sheeeh, it sounds like we've nearly got the best weather in the country right now and.......

DH calls me to say he's 1/3rd of the way home...not even thru the pass, and his car quit. :wacko: Died flat out and he barely had enough momentum to get off the highway, since he was going UP-mountain when it happened. Had to call a tow truck. Since it's all-wheel drive, had to flat--bed it alllll the way past our village to the next village where our automotive guy is. JUST spent over $1,000 on a bunch of little electrical stuff and a water pump. Now within two wks, it's towed [$150+] back there. :0327: Our 1998 car might have reached that point of no return on repair investments... :sigh:

I *think* DH got towing insurance tho.... That will help! :thumbs:

I can drive over to the next village to the garage... but I've NEVER done it after dark.

However, Thank YOU, God!....it's nearly a full moon on a crystal clear nite. It wasn't much like driving in the dark at all. Quite beautiful, actually. And I only met one car.
DH was in a spot that his cell worked when car died. :amen:
The towing company is a local family and were very prompt/friendly.
Highway patrol stopped to see if DH needed a tow or if he had things handled.
It was cold but not sub-zero....NO wind.
God had prompted me to make supper NOW...rather than later... so it was done.
Doggie dear went right into her bedtime -no-chew-zone, enclosure. Didn't want to chance bringing her when it's so cold. [she DID have to get up again to greet DH but since it was 11:30pm...she went back to her bed. ]
Tho DH was uncomfortably close to the highway cars ZIPPING by his door, he and the tow guy were safe.

For all these things, I thank YOU, Lord! Keep my friends safe during their bad weather!

MtRider ---and......can YOU see about that car and our finances to pay AGAIN and ...if it can be fixed before DH has office again on Friday? :pray:

Edited by Annarchy, 27 December 2012 - 07:58 AM.

Sarcina Rat A Voluntas

#25 themartianchick

themartianchick

Quail Flockmistress

• Users2
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

We've got about a foot of snow, but it is still coming down steadily. I don't know when it will stop! This wasn't my idea of a blizzard because we don't have that much wind, but the snowflakes are extra tiny. We are all snug and safe, though our daughter will be going to work soon. The good thing is that hubby will drop her off, though the bus is a viable option for her.

#26 out_of_the_ordinary

out_of_the_ordinary
  • Users2
  • 1,539 posts
  • Interests:New Mama, 2nd Amendment, gluten-free (celiac), gardening, genealogy, reading

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

Mt Rider, I'm glad your DH is safe!! :pray: all goes well with getting your car repaired!

I hope everyone else in the storm's path stays safe!!

We didn't get hit with much more snow after DH got home yesterday. Plow/salt trucks hadn't touched most of the roads he drove on.
Psalm 27:13

I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.

#27 Jeepers

Jeepers

Family Member

• Users2
  • 6,335 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

We had quite a bit of snow but a lot of it has melted already.

You can't always get what you want, babe

But if you try sometimes, you just might find

You get what you need.

~Mick and Keith~

#28 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Still cold, no moisture in our area at all. Had friends come back from their Christmas trip into Dallas/Ft.Worth area and they had quite a trip getting out. They were mighty glad to get back home! It's very stressful driving in bad weather.

(formerly known as Philbe)

Matthew 6:11  "Give us this day our daily bread...amen." 

Phillipians 4:19  "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus....amen"

1 Corinthians 13:4-8  "Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things"...let me walk this out Lord.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users