the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,543 posts
  • Interests:God & Life

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

NIV

January 20

Morning

ISA. 9.  6.  Jno. 1. 14. – Ps. 138. 2.  Mat. 1. 23. – Mat. 1. 21.  Jno. 5. 23. – Phi. 2. 9. –  Ep. 1. 21, 22. – Re. 19. 12, 16.  Job 37. 23. – Pr. 30. 4.

He will be called Wonderful.

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.  We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. – You have exalted above all things your name and your word.

They will call him Immanuel-which means, God with us. – Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.

All may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. – God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name. – Far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.  And God placed all things under his feet. – He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself… King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

The Almighty is beyond our reach. – What is his name, and the name of his son?  Tell me if you know!

January 20

Evening

DEUT. 32. 9.  1 Co. 3. 23. – SoS. 7. 10. – SoS. 2. 16. – Ga. 2. 20.  1 Co. 6. 19, 20. – De. 4. 20.  1 Co. 3. 9. – He. 3. 6. – 1 Pe. 2. 5.  Mal. 3. 17. – Jno. 17. 10.  Ep. 1. 18.

The Lord’s portion is his people.

You are of Christ, and Christ is of God. – I belong to my lover, and his desire is for me. – I am his. – The Son of God… loved me and gave himself for me.

You are not your own; you were bought at a price.  Therefore honor God with your body. – The Lord took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as your now are.

You are God’s field, God’s building. – Christ is faithful as a son over God’s house.  And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope which we boast. – A spiritual house to be a holy priesthood.

They will be mine, says the Lord Almighty, in the day when I make up my treasured possession. – All I have is yours, and all you have is mine.  And glory has come to me through them. – The riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints.

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#22 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

January 21

Morning

JOHN 15. 2.  Mal. 3. 2, 3.  Ro. 5. 3-5. – He. 12. 7, 8, 11, 12.

Every branch that does bear fruit he prunes.

He will be like a refiner’s fire or a launderer’s soap.  He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; he will purify the Levites and refine them like gold and silver.  Then the Lord will have men who will bring offerings in righteousness.

We know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Sprit, whom he has given us. – Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons.  For what son is not disciplined by his father?  If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons.  No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful.  Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.  Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.

January 21

Evening

MAL. 3. 15.  Is. 57. 15.  Pr. 16. 19. – Mat. 5. 3.  Pr. 6. 16, 17. – Pr. 16. 5.  Ps. 139. 23, 24.  Phi. 1. 3, 4. – Mat. 5. 5.

Now we call the arrogant blessed.

For this is what the high and lofty One says-he who lives forever, whose name is holy:  I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.

Better to be lowly in spirit and among the oppressed than to share plunder with the proud. – Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him; haughty eyes… - The Lord detests all the proud of heart.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.  I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers. – Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#23 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

January 22

Morning

PSA. 48. 14.  Is. 25. 1. – Ps. 16. 5.  Ps. 23. 3, 4. – Ps. 73. 23-26. – Ps. 33. 21. – Ps. 138. 8.

For this God is our God for ever and ever, he will be our guide even to the end.

O Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago. – Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup.

He restores my soul.  He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. – You hold me by my right hand.  You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.  Whom have I in heaven but you?  And earth has nothing I desire besides you.  My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. – In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. – O Lord, endures forever-do not abandon the works of your hands.

January 22

Evening

PSA. 94. 19.  Ps. 61. 2.  Is. 38. 14. – Ps. 55. 22.  1 Ki. 3. 7. – Ja. 1. 5.  2 Co. 2. 16. – Ro. 7. 18. – 2 Co. 12. 9.  Mat. 9. 2, 22.  Ps. 63. 5, 6.

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.

I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

I am troubled; O Lord, come to my aid! – Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you.

I am only a little child and do not know how to carry out my duties. – If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God,… and it will be given to him.

Who is equal to such a task? – I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. – My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven…Take heart, daughter,… your faith has healed you.

My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods… On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#24 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

January 23

Morning

ROM. 5. 5.  Is. 49. 23. – Je. 17. 7. – Is. 26. 3, 4. – Ps. 62. 5, 6. –  2 Ti. 1. 12.  He. 6. 17-20.

Hope does not disappoint us.

I am the Lord; those who hope in me will not be disappointed. – Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. – You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trust in you.  Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal. – Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. – I know whom I have believed.

God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath.  God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged.

January 23

Evening

GAL. 5. 11.  Mat. 16. 24.  Ja. 4. 4. – Ac. 14. 22.  Ro. 9. 33. – 1 Pe. 2. 7, 8.  Gal. 6. 14. – Gal. 2. 20. – Gal. 5. 24.  2 Ti. 2. 12.

The offense of the cross.

If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Don’t you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God?  Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. – We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God.

The one who trusts in him will never be put to shame. – Now to you who believe, this stone is precious.  But to those who do not believe, The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone, and, A stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall. 

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. – I have been crucified with Christ. – Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires.

If we endure, we will also reign with him.  If we disown him, he will also disown us.

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#25 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

January 24

Morning

PHI. 4. 5.  1 Thes. 4. 16-18. – Re. 22. 20.  2 Pe. 3. 14. – 1 Thes. 5. 22-24.  Ja. 5. 8.

The Lord is near.

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.  After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.  And so we will be with the Lord forever.  Therefore, encourage each other with these words. – He who testifies to these things says, Yes, I am coming soon.  Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. – Avoid every kind of evil.  May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through.  May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.  The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

Be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.

January 24

Evening

GEN. 49. 11.  Is. 5. 1, 2. – Je. 2. 21.  Gal. 5. 19, 21-23.  Jno. 15. 1, 2, 4, 8.

The choicest branch.

My loved one had a vineyard on a fertile hillside.  He dug it up and cleared it of stones and planted it with the choicest vines…. He looked for a crop of good grapes, but it yielded only bad fruit. – I had planted you like a choice vine of sound and reliable stock.  How then did you turn against me into a corrupt, wild vine?

The acts of the sinful nature are obvious:  sexual immorality, impurity… envy, drunkenness, orgies, and the like… But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.  Remain in me, and I will remain in you… This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#26 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

January 25

Morning

ROM. 3. 22.  2 Co. 5. 21. – Gal. 3. 13. – 1 Co. 1. 30. – Tit. 3. 5, 6.  Phi 3. 8, 9.

This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. – Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us. – Who has become for us wisdom from God-that is, our righteousness, holiness, and redemption. – He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewed by the Holy Spirit.

I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things.  I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ-the righteousness that come from God and is by faith.

January 25

Evening

ROM. 8. 15.  Jno. 17. 1, 11, 25. – Mar. 14. 36. – Gal. 4. 6. – Ep. 2. 18, 19.  Is. 63. 16.  Lu. 15. 18-20.  Ep. 5. 1.

The Spirit of sonship and by him we cry, Abba, Father.

Jesus… looked toward heaven and prayed:  Father… Holy Father… Righteous Father. – Abba, Father, he said. – Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, Abba, Father. – For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.   Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and member of God’s household.

But you are our Father… you, O Lord, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.

I will set out and go back to my father and say to him:  Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you.  I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men.  So he got up and went to his father.

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children.

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#27 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Yessssss!

(formerly known as Philbe)

Matthew 6:11  "Give us this day our daily bread...amen." 

Phillipians 4:19  "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus....amen"

1 Corinthians 13:4-8  "Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things"...let me walk this out Lord.

#28 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

January 26

Morning

HEB. 13. 13, 14.  1 Pe. 4. 12, 13. – 2 Co. 1. 7.  1 Pe. 4. 14.  Ac. 5. 41. – He. 11. 25, 26.

Let us, then, go to him outside the camp, bearing the disgrace he bore.  For here we do not have an enduring city, but we are looking for the city that is to come.

Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happing to you.  But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed. – Just as you share in our suffering, so also you share in our comfort.

If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. 

The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name. – He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a short time.  He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasurers of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward.

January 26

Evening

PHIL. 3. 20, 21.  Eze. 1. 26-28.  2 Co. 3. 18. – 1 Jno. 3. 2.  Re. 7. 16. – Re. 15. 3.

The Lord Jesus Christ… will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man.  I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him.  Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which come from the Lord, who is the Spirit. – What we will be has not yet been made known.  But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

Never again will they hunger; never again will they thirst. – They… sang the song of Moses the servant of God and the song of the Lamb.

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#29 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

January 27

Morning

1 JOHN 3. 5.  He. 1. 1-3. – 2 Co. 5. 21.  1 Pe. 1. 17-20 – 2 Co. 5. 14, 15.

You know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins.  And in him is no sin.

God… has spoken to us by his Son… the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.  After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. – God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Live your lives as strangers here in reverent fear.  For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life… but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.  He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. – Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.  And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

January 27

Evening

DEUT. 30. 19.  Eze. 18. 32.  Jno. 15. 22.  Lu. 12. 47.  Ro. 6. 23. – Jno. 3. 36. – Ro. 6. 16.  Jno. 12. 26.

I have set before you life and death, blessing and curses.  Now choose life.

I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign Lord.  Repent and live!

If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin.  Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin.

That servant who knows his master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows.

The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him. – Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey-whether you are salves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be.  My Father will honor the one who serves me.

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#30 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

January 28

Morning

DEUT. 33. 25.  Mar. 13. 11. – Mat. 6. 34.  Ps. 68. 35. – Is. 40. 29.  2 Co. 12. 9, 10. – Phi. 4. 13. – Ju. 5. 21.

Your strength will equal your days.

Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say.  Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit. – Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.

The God of Israel gives power and strength to his people.  Praise be to God! – He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong. – I can do everything through him who gives me strength. – March on, my soul; be strong!

January 28

Evening

SOS. 4. 16.  He. 12. 11. – Gal. 5. 22.  Is. 27. 8.  Ps. 103. 13.  2 Co. 4. 16-18.  He. 5. 8. – He. 4. 15.

Awake, north wind, and… blow on my garden, that its fragrance my spread abroad.

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful.  Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. – The fruit of the Spirit.

With his fierce blast he drives her out, as on a day the east wind blows.

As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him.

Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.

Although he {Jesus} was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered. – Tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin.

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#31 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

January 29

Morning

GEN. 16. 13.  Ps. 139. 1-4, 6.  Pr. 15. 3. – Pr. 5. 21. – Lu. 16. 15. – 2 Ch. 16. 9.  Jno. 2. 24, 25. – Jno. 21. 17.

You are the God who sees me.

O Lord, you have searched me and know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my laying down; you are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good. – For a man’s ways are in full view of the Lord, and he examines all his paths. – God knows your hearts.  What is highly valued among men is detestable in God’s sight. – The eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.

Jesus… knew all men.  He did not need man’s testimony about man, for he knew what was in a man. – Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.

January 29

Evening

PSA. 86. 12.  Ps. 50. 23. – Ps. 92. 1, 2.  Ps. 150. 6.  Ro. 12. 1. – He. 13. 12, 15. – Ep. 5. 20.  Re. 5. 12.

I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.

He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me. – It is good to praise the Lord and make music to you name, O Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship. – Jesus… suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.  Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise-the fruit of lips that confess his name. – Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#32 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

January 30

Morning

HEB. 12. 1, 2.  Lu. 9. 23. – Lu. 14. 33. – Ro. 13. 12.  1 Co. 9. 25-27. – Phi. 3. 13, 14. – Ho. 6. 3.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.

If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. – Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple. – Let us behave decently.

Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training.  They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.  Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.  No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. – Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.  But one thing I do:  Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. – Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge him.

January 30

Evening

LAM. 3. 27.  Pr. 22. 6.  He. 12. 9, 10.  Ps. 119. 67, 71.  Je. 29. 11. – 1 Pe. 5. 6.

It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young.

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. – We have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it.  How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live!  Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness.

Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word.  It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. – Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#33 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

January 31

Morning

NUM. 33. 55.  1 Ti. 6. 12. – 2 Co. 10. 4, 5.  Ro. 8. 12, 13.  Gal. 5. 17. – Ro. 7. 23. – Ro. 8. 37.

If you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land, those you allow to remain will become barbs in your eyes and thorns in you sides.  They will give you trouble in the land where you will live.

Fight the good fight of the faith. – The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world.  On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.  We demolish arguments and every pretension… and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Brothers, we have an obligation-but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it.  For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature.  They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. – I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. – In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

January 31

Evening

1 SAM. 2. 25.  1 Jno. 2. 1, 2. – Ro. 3. 25, 26.  Job 33. 24.  Ro. 8. 31, 33, 34.

If a man sins against the Lord, who will intercede for him?

If anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense-Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.  He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. – God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood.  He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished-he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

To be gracious to him and say, Spare him from going down to the pit; I have found a ransom for him.

What, then, shall we say in response to this?  If God is for us, who can be against us?  It is God who justifies.  Who is he that condemns?  Christ Jesus, who died-more than that, who was raised to life-is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.

#34 Annarchy

Annarchy

the softer side of chaos

• Users2
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

:bump1:

Words, are spirits.
God's, are Life.