Photo

Massive Government Drill Planned to Test Possibility of U.S. Electric Grid Going Down

8 replies to this topic

#1 CoM

CoM

Family Friend

• Users2
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

Massive Government Drill Planned to Test Possibility of U.S. Electric Grid Going Down

http://offgridsurviv...ergridshutdown/

#2 sassenach

sassenach
  • Users2
  • 6,128 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

ok this one is for mid NOV  , quote:

On November 13 – 14, 2013, the United States; Canada; and Mexico, along with more than 150 companies and organizations in all three countries, will take part in the GridEx 2013 Preparedness Drill -  one of the largest preparedness drills in our country’s history. They will practice for an event unlike anything this country has ever seen, one experts fear is only a matter of time away from happening.

The other post you made said Oct 1st or Philbe's does. Which is it? November it starts getting chilly. in a serious way here........... sigh.

yes, I expect trouble to spread. Everyone is so on edge for whatever reason. Like the ripples of a pond. This is not an inner city sweep with all the flying armed craft, this is states wide stuff.

If you live in that region and expanding outward, please get ready for either date, besides , Syria is gonna do stuff too if they can to our internet and grid,maybe with bigger countries who oppose us and are their friends behind it, anytime after our Pres acts alone on Syria. ( yes I disagree with striking Syria, it does not seem wise to me at all, and many agree it is not...... but, well, you see how that is being approached still if you pay attention. ) Syrian Electronics Forces already struck NY Times the other day , this is a FACT. They can attack bigger infrastructure this way.

We also may have a govt shutdown and its great if no worries about it but some of us do depend on those checks for SS and Vets and Military....... and that has not been resolved yet of course!!! So........ all good reasons to be alert and make sure you can make it for a time without power and regular media and phones .

good luck. Stay strong , be creative with what you have.

~~~~ Previously known as Arby . :americanflag:

#3 The WE2's

The WE2's
  • Users2
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:28 PM

ok this one is for mid NOV  , quote:

On November 13 – 14, 2013, the United States; Canada; and Mexico, along with more than 150 companies and organizations in all three countries, will take part in the GridEx 2013 Preparedness Drill -  one of the largest preparedness drills in our country’s history. They will practice for an event unlike anything this country has ever seen, one experts fear is only a matter of time away from happening.

The other post you made said Oct 1st or Philbe's does. Which is it? November it starts getting chilly. in a serious way here........... sigh.

yes, I expect trouble to spread. Everyone is so on edge for whatever reason. Like the ripples of a pond. This is not an inner city sweep with all the flying armed craft, this is states wide stuff.

If you live in that region and expanding outward, please get ready for either date, besides , Syria is gonna do stuff too if they can to our internet and grid,maybe with bigger countries who oppose us and are their friends behind it, anytime after our Pres acts alone on Syria. ( yes I disagree with striking Syria, it does not seem wise to me at all, and many agree it is not...... but, well, you see how that is being approached still if you pay attention. ) Syrian Electronics Forces already struck NY Times the other day , this is a FACT. They can attack bigger infrastructure this way.

We also may have a govt shutdown and its great if no worries about it but some of us do depend on those checks for SS and Vets and Military....... and that has not been resolved yet of course!!! So........ all good reasons to be alert and make sure you can make it for a time without power and regular media and phones .

good luck. Stay strong , be creative with what you have.

It's our understanding that "movement" will begin soon...even though the actual "test" is scheduled (for the public's knowledge) for the November date.  We're planning as if it could happen any day.

(formerly known as Philbe)

Matthew 6:11  "Give us this day our daily bread...amen." 

Phillipians 4:19  "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus....amen"

1 Corinthians 13:4-8  "Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things"...let me walk this out Lord.

#4 sassenach

sassenach
  • Users2
  • 6,128 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

ok, that clarifies things better, thanks Philbe.

#5 Mt_Rider

Mt_Rider

Honored Family Member

• Moderators
  • 10,198 posts
  • Interests:horses, rural living

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

I'm reading what looks like a table game for their training.  Page 11 says 60 participants.  :shrug:

Where are y'all getting the idea that real people will have their electric cut off for this training????

MtRider  :scratchhead:  tell me if I'm missing something

Sarcina Rat A Voluntas

#6 ArmyOfFive4God

ArmyOfFive4God

My life is carob....

• Users2
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

I'm reading what looks like a table game for their training.  Page 11 says 60 participants.  :shrug:

Where are y'all getting the idea that real people will have their electric cut off for this training????

MtRider  :scratchhead:  tell me if I'm missing something

^ What she said.

:canning: Living Vicariously Vintage... Because Life is delicious! :canning:

#7 sassenach

sassenach
  • Users2
  • 6,128 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

there is talk in many states by utility workers getting odd orders......... ( comments sections below article on that site CoM posted)

Quote: 

August 28, 2013 at 3:54 pm

What about those on life support systems? Or those in need of dialysis? Or the elders who need heat in Nov? What’s the drill plans for them? Most of those folks are not well enough off to afford or maintain back up equipment and generators.

•  Greg says:
    August 28, 2013 at 4:00 pm

I’m not sure that they are actually powering the entire country off…. although there are a lot of utility workers out there chattering about some odd orders. I guess you never can tell with the wackos that are currently in charge.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My thoughts:

Sounds like they plan to do it by action, not just a scenario 'game' format what if thingy via computers . 

As in take the power down and run their response drill. IN a few mid atlantic states but this sounds nationwide.  If anyone screws this up flipping off switches, it could end up being more than a few states involved the way they shift power around!

Good luck, take care of yourselves is all I can say if this happens. I plan on doing my best to do the same and stay away from any trouble that erupts even if it means a winter style camping session if the neighborhood goes goofy around here or out of towners arrive trying to stir up trouble.

#8 CrabGrassAcres

CrabGrassAcres

Munchie Mama

• Users2
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Texas has its own grid. Anybody want to buy 8.28 acres of good bottom land and a mobile home? LOL Very reasonably priced! I'll even throw in some free range chickens and 5 crazy guineas.

"Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed." Ps 57:1

"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise,making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. " Eph 5:15,16

"Do not be afraid because of the words that you have heard" 2 Kings 19:6
Posted Image

Have you hugged your goose today?

#9 Mt_Rider

Mt_Rider

Honored Family Member

• Moderators
  • 10,198 posts
  • Interests:horses, rural living

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

I'm going to repeat:

Sorry, folks.  I'm just not seeing anything verifiable here.  Companies do these table top scenarios all the time.  WE do them here.  I cannot find anywhere that they are playing them out in the real communities....

Can anyone point this out to me?  Comments by others are not verifiable data.  One website claiming all sorts of things going on ....also not verifiable data. 

We have LOTS of verified things to be concerned with, so don't get me wrong.  But I'm not seeing what is wrong here.  WHERE are you seeing some "Massive Drill"??????

MtRider  :scratchhead:   That pdf I posted says nothing about real people acting this thing out and shutting down people's power.

Sarcina Rat A Voluntas

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users