MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Quarantine in Bucharest

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

http://www.recombinomics.com/News/05220607...Quarantine.html

Massive H5N1 Quarantine in Bucharest Romania

Recombinomics Commentary

May 22, 2006

Some 13,000 people were quarantined in a quarter of the Romanian capital Bucharest as troops and police sealed off streets in response to the city's second bird flu outbreak, officials said.

The mayor of the southern fourth district, Adrian Inimaroiu, said residents

would be cut off and all businesses in the area would be closed during the quarantine period of up to three weeks.

Three people from Brasov County were rushed to the Matei Bals Contagious Diseases Institute in Bucharest, as local sanitary inspectors believe they might be infected with the bird flu virus.

A 31-year-old man and his 3-year-old son, along a the 17-year-old teenager are to be admitted at the Matei Bals Institute and thorough medical investigations will be carried out.

The above comments reflect the concerns of H5N1 bird flu spread in Bucharest. H5N1 has spread widely in Romania and the detection of H5N1 in Bucharest has led to the massive quarantine.

Symptoms in residents with H5N1 exposure have increased the concern.

Last fall Romania was one of the first countries in Europe to detect H5N1 and birds migrating back north would have brought in additional H5N1.

This increase in H5N1 has led to more cases in domestic poultry and rapid across the country.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bucharest, Romania, is just up the road from me. They've had bird flu there since last October. They've had a few cases of humans being sick (suspected BF) for about ten days.

Two parts of the city have been put under quarantine. Troops out, shops closed. Panic and disbelief setting in. No razorwire and no shot escapees, yet.

Many of these people have no preps.

Don't think that it can't happen, where you live

Copied with permission from the HT site. Author is one of our newer members. Not sure what name she uses here. maybe she will post and give us some more info.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bucharest, Romania, is just up the road from me. They've had bird flu there since last October. They've had a few cases of humans being sick (suspected BF) for about ten days.

Two parts of the city have been put under quarantine. Troops out, shops closed. Panic and disbelief setting in. No razorwire and no shot escapees, yet.

Copied with permission from the HT site. Author is one of our newer members. Not sure what name she uses here. maybe she will post and give us some more info.

It's me. I live in SW France...right smack in the middle of zillions of ducks and chickens, with a pig abbatoire (slaughterhouse), just down the road. Pigs from as far away as Denmak and Spain come to get turned into sausages.
Quote:
Quote:

It's me. I live in SW France...right smack in the middle of zillions of ducks and chickens, with a pig abbatoire (slaughterhouse), just down the road. Pigs from as far away as Denmak and Spain come to get turned into sausages.

By 'just up the road from me', I meant close.

Close enough to reach me. If it were happening in Kansas, and you lived in California...I'm sure you'd consider that 'close', too.
Quote:
Hi Susie, you're darn right I'd consider that close!! After all, I could drive it (I live in Kansas

Thank you.

To make matters worse, Romania and France are on the same East Atlantic migratory Flightpath. I use to love when the grues (cranes) flew over. Sometimes their honking would wake us, in the night, and the kids would yell, "Mom, Mom..it's the birds! Listen". Now they just bring chills.
Guest Guest

I know what you mean Susie about birds...I usta love them and enjoy seeing them around.

Now when I see one, it feels sometimes as if I'm looking at an enemy.

Kinda sad actually.

Keep safe, and keep us posted as to how you're doing.

Hi, everyone...it's me, again.

Did you knwo that there are now 54 people quarantined in Indonesia, and four areas in Siberia, too. Bucharest has said it's backing down...but it isn't so...there's more quarantine happening.

Please continue to prep, all

susie

Thank you for the news Susie. It's nice to hear it from someone closer to the situation. I heard that WHO had "asked" all the villagers of the large cluster of H5N1 family to quarantine themselves. They SAY they are complying as they don't want to catch it but as you say, telling us that doesn't make it so.

Thanks and please keep us posted when you can.

Archived