MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Maybe a stupid question.....

Magpie

Okay. Here's the thing. We all learned in science class that penicillin was discovered on slices of moldy bread. Great. So... does that mean if )

If this has been covered and I missed it, or its just a plain stupid question I apologize in advance. Little sleep and no coffee ready this morning. (where's the zombie icon when you need one!)

Maggie, there's no such thing as a stupid question...

I have to say no on the moldy bread thing though. There are way too many variables and since it wouldn't have been lab created, at the very least I'd be concerned about contamination. Then you'd have a whole 'nuther set of problems to fix.

I personally have colloidal silver generators for just that purpose. Colloidal silver will work well in most cases and would be much less dangerous. We rarely take antibiotics now and that's not something I really want to change. Antibiotics are only used when I absolutely can't begin to cure a problem in 48 hours or less.

Frankly, I prefer to use preventatives as much as possible. If one of us gets the sniffles, the first thing I do is make my chicken soup. Then we progress to green tea, either hot or in capsules, Vit C, zinc, Vit E, and/or elderberry, either in tea or capsules.

For cuts, scrapes or burns, I use benzalkonium chloride wipes, antibacterial cleansers, triple antibiotic ointment, and/or bandages.

My family stays pretty healthy though, mostly because I make them eat good food and tend to catch things before they get out of control.

I have also used vet meds but, I have to tell you, the colloidal silver works much faster and you don't have to continue to take it for an additional 7 days.

Good luck...

And that pesky liver flavor...... )

Thanks a bunch.

(And there are TOO dumb questions. Hon once stopped dead in the middle of a walk in a crowd, spun around and stopped the person right behind us with "Do hampsters have bellybuttons, and if so... could they get them pierced if their parents let them?" Never seen a grown man run that fast.....)

I have some health concerns, too, and I've noticed that if I take my vitamins and supplements regularly, I feel much better and don't have as many problems.

Just try drinking green tea 2 or 3 times a day, and add 1,000 mg Vit C and a Vit E capsule to your day. I think you'll be surprised at the difference it will make.

Make the picture even better? Hon is 5'11, has long black hair that he INSISTS on wearin in a tight "warrior knot" (ahhh, the joys of being an SCA girl) at the back of his head, wears enough black to make Johnny Cash ask if he's depressed (no, its just easy to match in the morning) and is a power lifter. As in weighs in at about 380 and can leg-press my station wagon. Have THAT ask you that question, then reach over, grab his girl's hand and SKIP away?

I'm surprised we weren't help liable for the man's counsler bills.

I do drink the green tea, and I'm trying to be better about the vitamins. I am so BAD about taking pils. I always end up forgetting.

Archived