MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Is anyone having a Halloween party?

Jamica

Is anyone having a Halloween party? I am throwing one for my kids and us of course. I'm full of ideas if anyone needs any. I've even found time to make my daughter a halloween quilt with my left over bean bag fabric, thats why I haven't been on in the last couple of weeks.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about as much partying I do at my age is go to bed by 9! all of my children are grown and I am so far off the beaten path... well.. there isn't one!

I miss taking the kids to all the fun parties, haunted houses and trick-or-treating.

I would love to hear about what you are doing. One year I got black pasta! yep.... made with octopus ink!

The area kids are afraid of the house we currently rent (they think its errie) so we don't get many trick or treaters. The lady that lived here before us was ....unusual and the house was built in the 1800's so it's pretty spooky looking compared to the other homes here. Personally I think its beautiful! Big porch! Love a porch!

When my kids get bigger we'll have a halloween party for them and their future friends on the farm. But for now Halloween is just a good time to buy candy in bulk!

Very, very few kids go trick-or-treating anymore. I don't think we've had more than two or three knock on our door in the six years we've lived in this house. We have a Fall Festival at church and it's well attended. 13.gif

Where did you get the black pasta westbrook that's a cute idea. I just don't know if I could get my family to eat it though. Does the ink make it tast different?

My oldest son's birthday is on the 31st and his friends are coming over for pizza & cake before going trick or treating. It's still big here in this town. One lady down the street gives all the kids a dime and tells them to save them each year and then tells them how much they'll have by the time they are 18 yo

Hope y'all have fun whatever you do!

Quote:
Where did you get the black pasta westbrook that's a cute idea. I just don't know if I could get my family to eat it though. Does the ink make it tast different?

I had to sit and think... get up, make some ice tea... do some dishes and finally it came to me..

Trader Joe's!

http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p38229982-k24...squid+ink-nover

I am sure you could make pasta using black food coloring.

It was fun! You could make a bowl of cold pasta salad and call them worms! LOL! I did.

Of course slave son #2 ate a dead bug once for $5.00 so once again he wanted money for eating worms!

Wow that sounds like so much fun. I'm going to use your candy apple idea as well as make a kitty litter cake. I got the recipe off of the internet it's basically crumbled up cake, cookies, tootsie rolls and pudding but it looks like a real dirty cat pan. EWE!

I have a pickled egg recipe I'm going to try for my Halloween party, but I have never ate a pickled egg. Are they really that good? I only have one question though, in my recipe it says that you should only keep them for a week in the fridge. I thought this was odd being that they are soaked in vinegar. It came from a Taste of Home cook book, I'll include it so we all can try them.

German Style Pickled Eggs

2 cups cider vinegar

1 Cup sugar

1/2 cup water

2 Tablespoons prepared mustard

1 tablespoon salt

1 tablespoon celery seed

1 tablespoon mustard seed

6 whole cloves

2 medium onions, thinly sliced

12 hard cooked eggs, peeled

In a large sauce pan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Cool completely. Place onions and eggs in a large jar; add enough vinegar mixture to completely cover. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Use a clean spoon each time you remove eggs for serving. May be refrigerated for up to 1 week.

O.K. I have some pictures to post. It took a while cause the camera was having a moment, but it's fixed now. This is a picture of the halloween quilt that I made for my daughter out of the left over bean bag fabric. It's the first quilt that I have ever made, but I think it turned out o.k.

110661-DSCF0416.JPG

This is a picture of my prize bags for the games. I thought that putting the prizes in bags would eleminate arguing over the prizes because they won't know what they're getting. Plus there just cute.

110665-DSCF0417.JPG

Archived