MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Taking advantage of

cookiejar

I got stuck putting together the OSHA stuff at my work, you know-poster w/chick w/broken arm (workcomp), CPR board etc.

I had to do the escape route/where fire ext./first aid kits map.

And I discovered...that we had a dilapidated old kit.

SooOOooooooOooo...

I said we needed a new one, maybe two one for up front one for the back. And some witch hazel/rubbing alcohol/peroxide....and the employees must wash hands sign. And some neosporine...and some disinfectant soap. Nothing big, and not alot.

My thought is my work folk seeing it and getting used to having it/using it. Some people have to be reminded to wash hands.

What do you think?

Cookie-I don't know where you work (as in what type of setting) or what you do-but, I work in a restaurant and these things are all required by the health dept. I think all businesses should have some kind of hand washing sign in their bathrooms (ours is specific and required for restaurants-not inexpensive, but a necessary evil, I guess). I also think all businesses should have up to date first aid kits.

I don't think you're being unreasonable at all.

(Don't understand what you mean: 'Cheating'. ????)

lol-ok, I get it. You edited yours, so I edited mine.

Your right, I changed it to taking advantage of the situation. I should have been more clear, sorry.

As in taking advantage of saying Oh we need this and that...and more of this...and two of those.

Not just the bare minimum of a single cheap first aid kit.

if I can get alcohol wipes to wipe down the equipment before it gets handed to a coworker to take for the day...I consider it a plus towards cutting down contact passing of colds/flu etc.

Let's just say, I work in the field going from school to school but we have a main business office we must go to several times a week. And no...it does NOT say we have to wash our hands. ewwww huh?

Should I slip in anything else?

Archived