MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Kilts

Right you lot! Time to make a stand here. Just what is it about kilts that you like? This is a serious question. having been brought up around them there is certainly no novelty value for me, but I do like a bloke in a kilt, I must admit. I think it is the romantic/historical/macho-hero type thing that appeals to me. Especially if they have long hair - eg Mel Gibson as William Wallace. Hubby is dreading the day they have kilted firemen - I'll be off for good, then!!!LOL

Why huh......It has to be the whole package....i picture a rugged~ tanned~ muscular legged outdoorsie ~manly man in a kilt...(long hair also preferable ...ruffffffff.. (But i don't think i'd like to see just any man in one.....don't wanna see pastey white skinny man with glasses)

The smell of wool and hearing an scottish accent also wouldn't hurt.....heavy sigh.....

Deb; "the smell of wool and a Scottish accent". Watch out for the mail, there's a wet Castlemilk Moorit on its way to you right now! Look after him well, won't you?

(A Castlemilk Moorit is a Scottish breed of sheep; easier to manage than a Scotsman and fairly useful except in one important respect)

Did MM mention Mel in a Kilt..... HOT DAMMMMMMMM! Although I am thinking Liam Neeson and Billy Connelly in Kilts along with MARK O"SHEA! BUt then again Theres SEAN CONNERY............ Oh YE HAWWWWWWWWW WILL SOMEBODY FAN ME PLEASE BEFORE I FAINT! MY HEART IS AFLUTTER!!!!!!

You would love the series of books by Diana Gabaldon. There's five so far "the outlander" "dragonfly in ambe "voyager"and other ones. They make Mel Gibson look like a sissy. Yummy

Welcome!!!!! RNMOM...Glad you decided to join! I say kilts are nice, pants are nice also........ But having something going on upstairs in the ( grey matter )department doesn't hurt the guys at all!!!

Lowlander,

We only get BBC when the cable company decides to do a few days free........

But I do watch that program and I love it! The older man used to play on The Goode Neighbors in the 70's and he was on another program but I don't remember the name, he played a grouchy person in it... You sure brought back memories......

Richard Briers is his name, he's a favourite in our house. over here the programme was called The Good Life, and it is being repeated just now on BBC2. My children think it's just like our house, except we don't have Margo and jerry for neighbours! The other programme could be one called Ever Decreasing Circles, about a retired man. I never watched it though.

Your right! Lowlander

I borrowed the video tapes from the library during the summer for The Goode Neighbors which is what it is called here ...

The PBS stations used to show a lot of english comdies, but now we get only Keeping Up Appearances (sp) and (my mind went blank so instead of waiting to remember I'll just describe it ) it's the one about the salespeople in the department store ...

I really love that one!!!!

I remember that one from years back - called "Are You Being Served"? It hasn't been on here for a long time. Do you get Fawlty Towers?