MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

About Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood...

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

http://pbskids.org/rogers/all_ages/remember.htm

I was too old to watch Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood growing up. I remember hearing about Saturday Night Live's parodies, so I knew then that the show was a fixture in American homes.

I became acquainted with the show, finally, when my son was young. We fell in love with the gentleness he showed in every show.

We saw how crayons were made, explored a mushroon growing cave, learned that people can't go down drains

We taped some of his shows, especially the "Operas" they produced.

One of his songs from an opera called "A Star For Kitty" always reminds me of this place:

~~This is my home,

My friends are here;

I love the way that I feel when I'm here;

It's my home,

This is my home...~~

What are your favorite Mr. Rogers songs and memories??

I am so glad you posted about Fred Rogers. I am a big kid and I still watch Mr. Rogers Neighborhood Reruns every day.

I had the opportunity to meet him when I volunteered to answer phones during many pledge weeks and what you saw on tv was what you got in person and when you met him you became mezmorized by him.

I have genuine autographed photo's of Fred and the Cast from the show and a lovely letter in which he sent me and thanked me for taking time out of my busy schedule by volunteering my services to raise funds for local public tv. While he was here for the day I and a couple people from the station took him to lunch at the local veggie bistro and we had a grand time, so when I recieved the letter and photos from him it made me smile. He was very thoughtful and such a gentle soul with a love for children and a love for God and Life.

I am so lucky Cat to have met many people that others wouldn't even have the chance of getting close to and Fred Rogers was one of them. I will never forget him.

Guest Guest

Growing up in Mexico, I never had a chance to see Mr. Rogers, but would once in a while when I came to the States. He seemed like a great guy, and it's good to hear that he was all that and more in person as well. He will surely be missed.

Guest Guest

Howdy

When our kids were pre-school I was working nights. They would wake me up at about 10am and we would watch TV and such and have lunch together. The shows where Mr. Rogers made field trips were facinating. Making crayons, canning soup, making a plastic wagon, and others were very interesting. He was a master at knowing how to help kids understand there feelings, and feelings about things that happen around them. He was one in a million.

Wyo