MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Just wonderin'...

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

What does your budget look like per month on what you spend for food and household items? Most of my friends say about $400 a month ($100 a week)...how 'bout yours? My friends each have a DH and two young kids.

Just food budget for the month for two people is about 140.00 or less a month with coupon and shopping card savings.

Yesterday I went to Aldi's and spent 50.23 dollars for two weeks worth of groceries which included food for three meals a day and stuff to make home made snacks.

I was under my budget so I deposited my leftover money in my grocery savings jar.

You don't have to pass up fine dining on a budget.

At aldi's I bought :

2 Cornish Hens

2-3pks of Boneless Pork Loin Thick Chops

1 large pack of their boneless skinless chicken breasts containing 8 to 10 breasts, These pieces are huge so I split one in half to make 2 servings.

1 10 pk of 90 % Fat Free Ground beef Patties pack

1 all beef hot dogs

1 spiral ham

6 lbs of ground turkey at 59 cents a lb roll

All this meat came to 22.78

That left me with 27.00 ( rounded out) for cold cereal- crackers-a family sized box of oatmeal- 2 cases of vegetables at 29 cents a can, fresh celery, onions, potatoes, carrots and bananas plus some oranges, a pk of cheese, milk,2 doz eggs and ice cream and 4 loaves of bread and 1 pk of hamburger rolls and 1 of hot dog rolls all for 27.00 dollars. I have homemade jams and jellys and I make most of my own noodles myself besides my soups stews and gravies and desserts.

The only other product we buy is a 5 lb can of Peter Pan peanut butter at Sams twice a month which is about 5.00 a can.

Out of the chicken breasts I bought at Aldi I can make fried chicken, barbecued chicken, roasted chicken, sticky chicken,

chicken and noodles, chicken nuggets, chicken and biscuits, soup and more...

With the pork chops I can make pork fried rice, pork chops and saurkraut, pork peas and potato casserole, pulled pork barbeque, plus more

I make meatballs from the ground turkey plus a couple of meatloafs, plus use ground turkey to make sloppy joes and other dishes,

With the bag of potatoes I bought we will get several dishes from them.

I not only use the hot dog rolls for hot dogs but I will use them for meat ball subs too!

The hamburger rolls are used for hamburgers, sloppy joes, ham and pineapple sandwiches and egg and ham sandwiches.