MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

LOWIE! How was the concert?

Hi Reci,

Well, the concert was one of the highlights of my life so far, and that's the honest truth. Jackson Browne, on stage, live, mere FEET away from me! It's a long time since I've been able to switch off from things so completely as I did on Thursday. He played a three hour set apart from a ten minute break; lots of old songs, some new stuff, astute comments about the Iraq crisis, comedy banter, the lot. A perfect concert. The audience were quite reserved in a typical English way to begin with, but by the end everyone was up jigging around. he did two encores and got a standing ovation at the very end. Truly wonderful! And I even bought a t-shirt................!

Thanks for your interest.

What made me laugh the day of the concert was something that Ethan said. Both him and Bethany have known about my obsession with Jackson Browne for years, now. Ethan said "Wouldn't it be nice if Jackson Browne dressed up as a fireman for you, mummy?" !!!!!!!!!!!! He's 9.

It is great when something you've looked forward to for so long turns out to be everything you wanted it to be and more. So happy you enjoyed it.

My DH was a volunteer fireman for about 6 years in Bushnell Basin and in Farmington, NY and I can tell you it is not fun when they are out all hours of the night fighting fires and then have to work all day.

I know how hard firemen work, both full time and retained, as they are called here. What I said was a reference to my liking for looking at firemen in full uniform! Now, how about Jackson Browne, dressed as a Scottish fireman in a kilt? That just about covers it - as it were!! Just a bit of fun.......!