Cannelloni

Filling

1 lg onion finely chopped

1 garlic clove, minced

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry

1 pound ground beef

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

2 tablespoons, heavy cream( I used fat free Half and Half)

2 eggs, lightly beaten

1/2 tsp dried oregano

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

10 lasagna noodles

1 can (24 oz) tomato sauce, divided ---I used Ragu spaghetti sauce

Cream sauce

6 Tbl spoons butter

6 tbls flour

1 cup milk

1 cup heavy cream ( I used fat free half and half)

salt and pepper to taste

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese( I used mozzarella)

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft. Stir in spinach. Cook, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes or until all the water has evaporated and the spinach starts to stick to the pan. Turn into a large mixing bowl.

Brown meat; drain and add to spinach mixture. Add parmesan cheese, cream, eggs, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well. Set aside.

Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain.

Cut each noodle in half crosswise; spread out noodles side by side on a large piece of foil. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of filling at one end of noodle; roll up. Repeat with remaining noodles and filling.

To assemble, pour about 1 cup of tomato sauce into the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan. Place two rolls, seam side down, vertically on both sides of the baking dish. Place remaining rolls in four rows of three rolls each; set aside,

For cream sauce, melt butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat;stir in flour. Return to heat; add milk and cream all at once. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until well blended. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly, about 1 minute longer or until the sauce is thick enough to coat the spoon. Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper. (I added a little parmesan cheese to this)

Spread cream sauce over lasagne rolls. Cover with remaining tomato sauce. sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Bake at 375*, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.