MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturday Dinner at Reci's. Post yours

No Rhymin Simon this am

I am working outside this day

Post what your having for your dinner tonight

and we will join you straight away.

We will probably be so tired we will just have a sandwich and some chips.

Guest Guest

The kids want a campfire tonight, and since it's fairly nice outside, and *no mosquitoes* yet, we just might.

And "hobo meals" sound awfully good!

I spray the center of a large square of heavy-duty (or doubled regular) aluminum foil with "Pam" and place a hamburger patty in the middle.

Crush one envelope of Lipton's beefy onion soup mix with your fingers to break up the bigger pieces, then sprinkle about a tablespoon of the mix on the hamburger.

Place thinly-sliced potatoes and carrots on top of that, sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste, and add sliced or diced onions on top.

Then you can add a teaspoon of butter or margarine, and/or a couple of tablespoons of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup (stirred up but not thinned).

Fold the tin foil tightly so that nothing leaks out, and place on hot coals. Cook until done, 30-45 minutes. **Turn a couple of times!!**

Open, sprinkle with shredded cheese, and enjoy!

Sometimes we place these on the coals, sometimes I place a few bricks or stones around and use a metal grill over the coals.

Last year our dear dog decided to get in on things and pulled one of the packets out *gingerly* with her teeth! After it cooled, I went ahead and gave it to her.

She has quite a long line on which her chain rides, but we thought she was ok. She must've worked HARD to reach it!!