MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Short Skirts or Ankle Lenght Dresses- you choose

Guest Guest

Neither, never if I can help it. I'm all jeans and sweatshirts. When I must wear something else it's black slacks and a nice blouse......that's maybe 5 times a year!

Never ever short skirts for this gal, mostly I'm a tea length kinda lady. Even when I was skinny, I was always modest and conservative in my dressin' up. Most comfortable being covered unless the occasion called for it like swimming, gardening and the like.

Guest Guest

gosh it depends! I love short skirts and I love long dresses and I love mid calf and knee length... it just depends on the event.

Guest Guest

**Trying NOT to think of Westie in a miniskirt...**

My church doesn't frown on nice slacks, so that's what I wear most of the time when I attempt to "dress up".

But the dresses/skirts I have are all mid-calf. If I *have* to, I prefer the longer length.

Guest Guest

Being in the deep south, I live in shorts and tee shirts....We have a very short winter and I have jeans and slacks to wear at that time of year for causal times a few long dressess and sleveless(sp) knee lenth dressess the rest of the time.....

Dresses, well, I want my knees covered up. From there on down. Anything will do for me. I have long dresses, and then the cover the knee skirts and dresses. I do wear dresses or skirts to church, although there are others who wear slacks. I wear dresses/skirts to wedding and funerals too. But, I do wear slacks most of the time, to the nursing home on Thursdays when we are doing the chapel there. In fact, I wore a long jumper for Christmas Day at home.

Guest Guest

Funny to have this for a topic - just the other day, a friend and I were talking about our dress/skirt/wardrobes, and what we like to wear. Most of my skirts and dresses are mid-calf to full length. I enjoy wearing dresses, skirts, and jumpers.

Guest Guest

I don't do sleeveless dresses or tops either - my arms are NOT a pretty sight. And dangerous, too, with all that flab swinging around

Guest Guest

Oh my gosh! You need to stop worring about what other people think of how you look, if you are dressed decently, dress for comfort.....

Have fun with life, now I'm thinking of the past few days with the van's car windows down and the wind blowing in our hair tooling down the highway , man you can't beat the feeling! It's like being 20 again and riding in a convertable....

By the way , the (we ) are my little grand daughter and me....

:

Guest Guest

Oh my! This is an easy one for me. COMFORT RULES. So, it's jeans and a t-shirt. Even to church. I started it at church. I was just too hot and uncomfortable in fru-fru dresses. It was totally against my heart. I had to be true to myself. LOL When I'm feeling well, then it's a long skirt and t-shirt or a long dress or jumper. I was often asked by my students..."Ms. D... Are you an old hippie?" "YES! AND I'M VERY PROUD OF IT. God loves me no matter what."