MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What Is/Was For Dinner?

We had a bag of cheese tortellini's given to us. I spread them in a glass pan, topped it off with homemade spaghetti sauce w/meat and some homegrown frozen broccoli. Popped it into the oven and warmed it and the house. The salad was kale with a honey/olive oil/garlic dressing with dried cranberries and pine nuts.

Not much left of anything after dinner, just enough for packed lunches to work tomorrow. :-)

Made the family "Turkey Manhattans" for supper. Warm turkey sandwich, cut in half with hot mashed potatoes between, covered with hot turkey gravy.

Ya would'a thought it was a gourmet meal, the way they reacted! :happy0203:

im proud of myself...cooked up a chunk of tenderloin, came out perfect. I usually end up with tough meat. Along with oven baked taters, butter simmered corn...couldn't have asked for better for Sunday dinner!

The easiest dish ever, taste like lasagna. Cook a bag of wide egg noodles, brown a packAge of hamburger meat, drain off fat, pour into meat a can or two so spaghetti sauce , season with onion powder and garlic powder, simmer for about five minutes. Drain the noodles. Layer meat noodles meat noodles meat in a casserole dish. Cube up half a packGe of velvetta onto the top, cover the whole top with motzerella and bake until he cheese melts. This is my families favorite dish and mine too, it is so easy!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised DH with his favorite meal... meatloaf and scalloped potatoes. And broccoli salad.

He smelled it cooking and had a hard time waiting for it to finish! :24:

:wub:

Last nights din-din was pan friend chicken breast rolled in panko, green bean casserole & spiced up cous-cous. Breakfast this am was breakfast stir fry (bell peppers & onions, diced potatoes, diced ham & eggs) with mini-pancakes instead of toast. Thinking beans & cornbread for tonight, so I'll need to make up my mind shortly! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Broccoli cheddar soup. Found on this webpage.

http://www.yammiesnoshery.com/2013/12/panera-bread-broccoli-cheddar-soup.html

The only thing I did different was use 2 cups chicken stock instead of 3 and half broccoli half cauliflower. Turned out really delicious. I didnt make bread...we just hosted bagels.

Pulled out pressure cooker: put in some black eyed peas, some northern beans, some onion, some rotele with chili's, some potato chunks, some garlic, some cumin, some ham chunks, a can of cream of chicken soup, and we had our traditional "new year's day" meal with my sausage & cheese muffins. Dessert was pumpkin muffins. Now that everything is settled, I'm thinking a cup of coffee might taste really good!

I was gone over the holiday helping my mom through several surgeries. By the time I returned home, all the fresh veggies were gone. DH had overdosed on TV dinners so I rolled up my sleeves and started out with smoked pork necks. I boiled them awhile and added many different kinds of dried veggies I had dried from our garden. I finished with a pound of split peas.

We were both surprised at how good the stew turned out. :hug3: A piece of fresh bread from Panera and some fruit finished out the meal. Thankfully, I have enough stew left for several lunches this week.

I won't be so skimpy on dried veggies in the future. :D