MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Another Loss

Guest Guest

There seems to be so many losses among the family members at Mrs. S lately. I had one this morning. I drove in to work feeling on top of the world, glad to be going to work, and feeling happy. Shortly after I got there, I heard my immediate boss cry in grief.....our former boss (left us less than a month ago) who was very loved, died unexpectedly on saturday of a heart attack. He was a happy soul, a man who loved to talk, and tell stories. He'd had so many health problems in the last year....having a foot amputated, and joked about it...."can't count to 10 on my toes anymore" He was smarter than a whip, and held many important positions in the Healthcare field, in Alaska, Utah, and Washington D.C. He was a great boss, because he let us do our jobs....he was NOT a micro-manager. I feel like I lost a friend.....never felt this way about a boss before. The world lost a man who made a difference in the lives of so many people...a man who genuinely cared about the people he served.

------------------

mare2.jpg

Thank you all. I just found out that there will not be a funeral, but a wake at a restaurant tomorrow. Trying to decide whether to go.....I know I'll be sniveling all over the restaurant, but I'd like to see his daughter.

------------------

mare2.jpg