MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saddam's Daughters

Believe it or not, Saddam Hussein's two daughters have applied for asylum in the UK. Apparently the Immigration Office is not going to let them in.

Guest Guest

So I wonder what their choices are then, Iran maybe, or Afghanistan or Pakistan??? I wonder if Daddy Saddy was repressive of them as well, or what their lives were like with him in that big ol' palace with all that male-dominated meanness going on . . . Muslim women's lives are so different from our own. . . . sg

Guest Guest

I can see why the UK says no to them, but man, it would be tough being his daughters now wouldn't it! Of course, like you say seldiesgirl, their way of life before may not have been a picnic either.

I'll just stay in my little shanty "on the priaire" thank you. I wouldn't want their lives in any way!

Guest Guest

Amen, Dee!

Ever since my eyes were opened by seeing the women's lives in Afghanistan, then also I worked on a book that detailed info about a common Muslim practice--politely called female circumcision--I have had my consciousness raised about how truly blessed I am to have my life as it is!!!

Much of the rest of the world is just brutal to women and girls! Argh. It is hard to even think about. I just want to go out there and Do Something like win their hearts and minds, but feel I might as well be jousting at windmills.

Ok, don't let me get started. . . sg

I heard that on the news Lowie... I would have thought France would have been one of their first choices. I can't blame the UK for not letting them in but its ashame they have to pay for the sins of the father . Even if they are decent they will always carry that burden around with them and that would be more of a curse than not being excepted by any country.