MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

update on my Dad

For those that were not at the gather and for those that were I had to leave way early as something was wrong with my Dad. He was getting worried about some headaches and blurred vision he had been having. We checked with the Pharmacy and they said the med he was taking were correct as prescribed by the Doctor. We were finally able to get him back in to see the doctor today and the Doc agreed something may be wrong with the increase they did on his medication before the trip, he stopped taking them on the way back home and the headaches went away, but intermittently he still has bouts of blurred vision so they are going to run an MRI on him tomorrow. He sends a big Hi to all his new friends and states he would like to go back on the next gather to see everyone again. So those so inclined please keep him in your prayers.

• 4 months later...

It has been a while for me to have any down time, I have been on special projects since Oct and running 60 hour weeks with a 1.5 hour commute. Just to let you know papa is doing ok. The headaches were caused by the vender of the medication. They put him back on his original vender for that pill and everything cleared up. Hard part was getting them to listen to our complaints. It took a PA to set the medication as a no substitution.

Hi there, Ma Steel! Good to hear this update!!! Too bad it happened just as we were getting to know y'all. That sure was a good time. Tell him we said hello!

One favorite memory was of the lil' guy playing with all the puppies.... :)

MtRider :wave:

You might want to find out the chemical difference, and put an alert in his file that he's not to have the ingredient that was causing the problem. Otherwise it could show up in the next prescription.

Ambergris: I think they put it in his file, but I will double check to make sure.

Mt_Rider: LOL little guy still talks about the puppies and how he is going to get 1.

Lovinit: Slowing down a bit but just found out another project will start in a few weeks,at least I still have a job.

Papa sends back a Hi to all of you and still wants to go back next time.