MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Just Got A Call From...

Jeepers

Caller ID. Jus' sayin'... :whistling:

I don't care WHO tries to "call" me about politics. Don't TELL me who to vote for. Don't ASK me who I want to vote for. DON'T CALL ME!!!! :baseballbat:

:happy0203:

I was gone and he left a message on my answering machine. B)

I am soooo sick of all the political calls. I usually answer and hang up right away. There is no talking to a machine. If I don't answer, they leave a message and mess up my answering machine. I need to get that thing figured out. I'm so sick of 'Ashley' voice calling here every. single. day. too. :motz_6:

Edited to add:

I was kinda okay with Pat calling though. :D

Edited by Jeepers

I'm on the Do Not Call List and I have an unlisted phone number, but I still keep getting the political calls. If I'm able to speak to an actual person, I ask to be removed from their list and for them not to share/sell/trade my information.

One number keeps calling from Connecticut. It's a very poor quality recording asking you to take some kind of survey. My phone company allows me to get online and block phone #s for free, so I blocked that number.

I'm also getting calls asking me to switch my electric provider. I called my electric company, and apparently in PA, your address, electric consumption info and phone number are available to ALL electric companies. :motz_6: Oh, was I mad about that one! My electric company now has "restrict" on my information to have them not share info.

Just wait til they get the Rolling Stones making calls, Jeepers :band2:

I'm on the Do Not Call List and I have an unlisted phone number, but I still keep getting the political calls. If I'm able to speak to an actual person, I ask to be removed from their list and for them not to share/sell/trade my information.

One number keeps calling from Connecticut. It's a very poor quality recording asking you to take some kind of survey. My phone company allows me to get online and block phone #s for free, so I blocked that number.

I'm also getting calls asking me to switch my electric provider. I called my electric company, and apparently in PA, your address, electric consumption info and phone number are available to ALL electric companies. :motz_6: Oh, was I mad about that one! My electric company now has "restrict" on my information to have them not share info.

Have you had success with ever getting off the call list of political calls? Awhile ago, we kept getting calls from a survey group conducting political surveys -- they weren't asking for votes, just with questions. I asked to be removed from their list and the guy said sorry, they were exempt from the Do Not Call registry. I was irritated by that and finally got a hold of someone in the Pa Attorney General's office who ended up getting them to stop calling, regardless of their claim they were exempt. That may be an avenue to consider if you keep getting calls, even if they claim to be exempt.

We have an unlisted, unpublished number and are also on the Do Not Call list, and we still get more calls than I like. I make it a point to file a complaint on the Do Not Call website whenever I get a telemarketing type call. The worst is on my cell phone, almost every morning I wake up to see that there are 6-7+ missed calls and of course the voicemails. It's a pain because I have a TracFone, and that's taking up minutes.

when we switched to naked ADSL for our internet, and voip phone we were offered the choice of paying $30 per annum to have our phone number listed. Needless to say I declined! we get no telemarketing calls, and surveys, and our phone bill each month is about $3 - $6. Loving it!

Just wait til they get the Rolling Stones making calls, Jeepers :band2:

Have you had success with ever getting off the call list of political calls? Awhile ago, we kept getting calls from a survey group conducting political surveys -- they weren't asking for votes, just with questions. I asked to be removed from their list and the guy said sorry, they were exempt from the Do Not Call registry. I was irritated by that and finally got a hold of someone in the Pa Attorney General's office who ended up getting them to stop calling, regardless of their claim they were exempt. That may be an avenue to consider if you keep getting calls, even if they claim to be exempt.

We have an unlisted, unpublished number and are also on the Do Not Call list, and we still get more calls than I like. I make it a point to file a complaint on the Do Not Call website whenever I get a telemarketing type call. The worst is on my cell phone, almost every morning I wake up to see that there are 6-7+ missed calls and of course the voicemails. It's a pain because I have a TracFone, and that's taking up minutes.

So far, the political ones I've told to take me off of their list have not called back. I didn't realize about the AG's office. Thanks for letting me know. That's awful that you are getting calls on your cell phone like that!

Luma, if the Stones call me you will never know...I'll be dead and in Heaven. LOL

I'm on the do not call list too. It works most of the time but political, charities and surveyors can still call legally. Also people or businesses you have done business with in the past can call. A lot of the problem with me is that it's a recording and you can't tell them to stop.

I used to wait and punch in the number to speak to a 'live representative'. They can be some rude nasty people when you take up their time to tell them to remove you from their list! Hint: if you do that, talk fast because they tend to hang up on you.

Now I just hang up right away because if I wait to talk to a person I figure they figure they have a 'live wire' and will continue to call.

Is it legal to blow an air horn into a phone? Just sayin' :engel-smilies-10-1:

Luma, if the Stones call me you will never know...I'll be dead and in Heaven. LOL

I'm on the do not call list too. It works most of the time but political, charities and surveyors can still call legally. Also people or businesses you have done business with in the past can call. A lot of the problem with me is that it's a recording and you can't tell them to stop.

I used to wait and punch in the number to speak to a 'live representative'. They can be some rude nasty people when you take up their time to tell them to remove you from their list! Hint: if you do that, talk fast because they tend to hang up on you.

Now I just hang up right away because if I wait to talk to a person I figure they figure they have a 'live wire' and will continue to call.

Is it legal to blow an air horn into a phone? Just sayin' :engel-smilies-10-1:

From Philbe...I start punching a sorts of numbers and then hang up!