MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

So it's the 4th... wha'cha cookin'?

Guest Guest

I got DH some "country style" ribs to grill, and I boiled potatoes & eggs last night so I can throw together some potato salad. The kidlets want deviled eggs.

I bought some of those banana-flavored candy "circus peanuts" to make a jello salad with. I'll have to make that today or the candy will be *gone*. (The kids know I bought them!)

So, I'll throw together some veggies, and we'll be eating leftovers for supper, most likely.

Circus Peanut Salad

2 (3 oz.) pkgs. orange Jello

30 circus peanuts candy

3 c. boiling water

1 can crushed pineapple, drained

1 lg. container Cool Whip

Stir Jello & peanuts in boiling water until dissolved. Chill until nearly set, then fold drained pineapple and Cool Whip into Jello. Chill until firm.

(nuts may be added)

Guest Guest

We're having fried chicken, potato salad, green salad from the garden, and white cake with chocolate whipped cream icing. Happy 4th everyone.

Cat, what are circus peanuts? Sounds good.

Hey Cat we have to send Mare some Circus Peanuts.... I haven't had those since I was a kid but I see them in the store all the time and are tempted to buy them. Happy Fourth Everyone!

Cappys starting up the grill for our 4th of July Meal and we are having just plain old Hot Dogs and Hamburgers, some chips, tossed salad, baked beans and corn on the cob.

For Dessert Strawberry Shortcake with lots of whipped cream and fresh juicy strawberries.

Then in about 4 hours we will sit out front and have a ring side seat to the fireworks from the town. We have a great view from up here on the mountain and we don't have to even leave our home to get it.

Guest Guest

Here's a link, Mare:

http://www.spanglercandy.com/spangler/Prod...rcuspeanuts.htm

It ended up stormy here, so I put the ribs in the crock pot. But DH grilled bratwurst & hot dogs, anyway. (He just didn't have to worry about having to stay outside for a longer time).

I think he just had to grill *SOMETHING*! LOL (It's a GUY thng!!)

I suspect the fireworks will be cancelled until tomorrow night, but we have a little while before they're supposed to start.

Guest Guest

I went to my brothers for the 4th *pout...

It's probably the 1st time in 18 years I haven't held the party here but it was nice in a way to not have the responsibility.

I'm not budging on Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas...

Besides I don't think they could take the intensity of trying to pull a dinner like that together for a big crowd.

BTW, we had hamburgers and corn and the worst potatoe salad I've ever had.

ROFL