MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I forgot!!!

Annarchy

Happy Valentines Day!!!!!!!

DH got up and wished me a Happy Valentines day. Then we talked about our friends eloping today.

No chocolate, no roses, nothing else except a peck and an hug. After 31 years, what do you expect?

:wub:

What happened with you?

Feeling lousy with this nasty cold, especially bad because we kissed before I knew I was really sick, so he's getting it, too. :(

But he gave me a beautiful card, and I gave him a bag of valentine-decorated "York Peppermint Patties". LilDD and DS each got a cheap Valentine box of candy.

I REALLY don't understand these so-called "studies" where people "expect" so much.

Example -

The average person is budgeting $133.91, with total spending expected to reach $17.3 billion.

http://dailyfreepress.com/2014/02/09/sweetheart-spending-com-prof-on-why-advertisers-are-a-girls-best-friend/

I told DH that somebody else is getting "our share"! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

HAPPY VALENTINE DAY TO ALL! Spent the whole day (10 hours) delivering valentine bouquet's to people and children, what a joy! Then we ate Chinese out, then came home and just kicked back. We've been married 5 years, but today (the day after Valentine's Day) , six years ago is when my first husband moved to heaven. Have some "moments" I have to admit...but wouldn't go backwards for nothing in the world. Mountain Man's the husband I would have only dreamed of having and surely a "match made in heaven" (that's what all my family and friends say!) for us. :cloud9::wub::bouquet:

Edited by Philbe

DH and DS went with some friends to look at a house they want to buy, then they went to another town and picked up our co-op order, so they were gone all day. I purged the kitchen cabinets. I fixed a nice supper. The men came home with avocados, mini bell peppers, celery, fruit, etc and told me that they thought I would rather have that than a bouquet of flowers. They were SO right!

Nice to hear everyone had a heart warming Valentines Day.

Happy Anniversary, WormGuy & Philbe.

Our friends did get married-a quiet service in their house preformed by a pastor. They will have a "wedding" celebration someday. Like we agreed, doing it this way, they are not starting their marriage in debt.