MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tues dinner at the Captains Table!

Guest Guest

Reci, do you and Cappy like Brussels sprouts? If so, try this;

Mix diced tomatoes, or halved grape or cherry tomatoes with cucumber crescents*, cooked Brussels sprouts (halved) and fat-free Italian dressing. Add a touch of garlic & onion powder and let marinate for a couple of hours in the fridge. It is so good!

*Cucumber crescents=cut a cucumber in half, lenghtwise, and scoop out the seeds. Slice thin across the width.

I haven't decided what to cook, yet. I'll let you know, later!

Nana

I love Brussel Sprouts Nana... Cappy will eat them but maybe he will like them even better with your recipe... It sounds really good.. and cappy and I are big fans of Cukes, grape tomatoes and Cappy is the Garlic King of the world... and of course we always eat fat free calorie free or very little calorie dressing although cappy doesn't have to watch his weight....

Tsk tsk Dar..Hash brown casseroles are a combination of hash browns (usually the frozen kind) mixed with condensed cream soups and/or cheese and/or sour cream. Add whatever your faves are. Put some shredded cheese on top. Pop in the oven and bake. Yummy. You can hardly go to a potluck around here without seeing one.

Guest Guest

Momo, they call them Funeral Potatoes here, cause you find em at every lunch following a funeral. You spoil your dh....we only have them at Christmas and Easter.

Nana, I love veggies....gonna have to try that recipe.