MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Is anyone following Atkins Diet?

Guest Guest

Now being the chocolate lover that I am I have tried everyone of them! this also includes other brands too... ok here is my #1 choice

Parlines and Cream - Atkins! They I thought had the best flavor. As far as nutrition goes the best with 60% of everything but the worst tasting...was a chocolate peanut butter by Carb Solutions. Dang stuff tasted like tar...but I will buy them again for the nutrition.

and not to the candy ... love all of Atkins chocolate bars but the peanut butter cups...oh baby! I will not buy them again! they were just heavenly!

Guest Guest

Thanks! I will look at them when I shop again. I am trying to stay down below 14 carbs a day. I would love to be able to do 10 but that is pretty hard to do.

I am working on a Chocolate dessert under 2 carbs, I have a strawberry dessert coming in at 1.5

gosh now I am hungry..think I will go make a salad!

Guest Guest

I looked at the slimfast bars..oh my! 36 grams of carbs!!! oh if I ate half of one that would be all I could eat for the day!

I love the atkins diet!

• 2 weeks later...

I found a place in the next town over Westy that sells and specializes in Atkins products and all low carb products. I hope to get there this weekend. I hear their cheesecakes are to die for. By the way I bought the Atkins Chocolate Royale Shakes in the can and they are very good. I bought one to try and then went out and bought more. I am anxious to try Atkins ice cream

Egg Muffin

Using the large muffin tins; This is for 1 serving

2 eggs - 1.2 carbs

1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream - 0.1

1 slice bacon crumbles or 1 sausage sliced or ham - 0

2 Tablespoons grated cheese (depending on the cheese) 1.0

mix all together and grease muffin tin and pour in 1 muffin mold.

Bake at 350^F for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Total Carbs 2.3

Optional: grated zuchinni, bell pepper, onion or anything else you would like.

If you are going to make 6 which is what I make, I mix each mold up individually as I am trying to be exact on my carb count. When I mixed up 12 eggs and everything else, I found when I poured it into the molds the first coming out was just eggs and the heavier ingredients stayed in the bottom.

If you only have cup cake tins, then use 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon cream, 1 bacon or 1 sausage and 1 Tablespoon cheese. The baking time goes down to 20 minutes.

I let them cool then wrap and freeze. Each morning I give my husband one to take to work. The do microwave nicely or can be eaten cold. Sure makes a nice change pace for those having to eat breakfast on the go.