MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sad News RE: Natalie Cole

Natalie Cole has died at the early age of 65. :( R.I.P. Natalie. I loved your music, especially the duets with your dad. <3

Cole died Thursday evening at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles due to complications from ongoing health issues....................

Natalie Cole had battled drug problems and hepatitis that forced her to undergo a kidney transplant in May 2009.

in her 2000 autobiography, "Angel on My Shoulder," Cole discussed how she had battled heroin, crack cocaine and alcohol addiction for many years. She spent six months in rehab in 1983.

When she announced in 2008 that she had been diagnosed with hepatitis C, a liver disease spread through contact with infected blood, she blamed her past intravenous drug use.

Cole received chemotherapy to treat the hepatitis and "within four months, I had kidney failure," she told CNN's Larry King in 2009. She needed dialysis three times a week until she received a donor kidney on May 18, 2009.

Cole toured through much of her illness, often receiving dialysis at hospitals around the globe. "I think that I am a walking testimony to you can have scars," she told People magazine. "You can go through turbulent times and still have victory in your life."