MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Fall Festival Recipes

I make this recipe alot during the fall because we love applesl: Add your favorite fall recipes here:

Apple Dessert

3 lbs. apples

1/2 cup white sugar

3/4 cup flour

1/2 cup melted butter

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup broken pecan meats

Butter shallow pan, put in 1/2 apples in even rows (sliced thin), cover with white sugar, then add rest of apples. Add melted butter to brown sugar and flour and spread over top. When partly baked, sprinkle with pecans. Bake until apples are soft. Leave in refrigerator over night. Serve in squares with whipped cream.

I put apples in everything in the fall. Apples in beef stew with a touch of cinnamon is wonderful. Chopped apples to add to talcos is good. My family loves fried apples. A big pot of slow cooked sliced apples topped with cinnamon is a great treat. Have fun with apples.

• 4 weeks later...

I like putting pork chops in the oven at 350 for an hour and then cover with sliced apples and a little brown sugar and bake until apples are cooked through. You can also add some raisins or English walnuts when you add the apples. Makes me hungry just thinking about it.