MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

Oh yes Mother, I agree. I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow to pick up some things. Plan A is the cookie dough and Plan B will be the popcorn. They like to give 1 hour notice but that's just a suggestion. There is a lock box already on the door but either me or my realtor has to give permission for another realtor to use it. 

That is fantastic news about your grandson's house!!!:cele: I will happy with even half that kind of success. Awesome. Have they found a new house yet? Exciting time for them for sure.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Jeepers said:

Littlesister, you had better not let him move in on you again! You are liable to have a whole caravan of Mrs. Survival sisters pull up. And we can get ugly if we have to. That boy won't know hit him. Speaking for myself. :D

Yeah - what she said!!!!

Oh, Abby looks so good, WEs!  Glad you posted the pic.  Sounds like you had a busy, productive garden there in MO.  I'll be visiting a life long friend up by KC-MO in Oct.  I've always envied her lush produce in gardens, orchards and in the wild.  She doesn't have orchards but drive a mile and there will be fruit stands.  This does not happen where I live.  :sigh:  But you do have some hellatious storms in summer!  Yikes! 

Jeepers, you have a sauce pan....heat up some vanilla in water...cinnamon....?  Or they have plug-in things with those type of fragrances too but I don't have any idea which actually smell like the real thing. 

DH looked in my ear tonite and as it felt to me, with one more day of amoxicillin, :sigh:   it's not clear.  Doesn't feel like it.  Last May it took 2 rounds.  *blech*  I am certainly "draggin' anchor' too.  :gaah:    OK...I'm done.  Doan wanna play this game no more!  :shakinghead:  Other ear is ok tho! :amen:  

I did get out on the road tonite with dog.  Short quick walk.  Appalled at the amount of those danged thistles blooming - even the ones I keep snipping blooms off...resurrection plant!  Monster pestilence!  Sheeeesh!  I only snipped about .....  20 plants?  That's not even several yards.  But have to snip and snip and snip -at most one or two stems at a time.  They might have 25 buds on a scrawny battered plant.  They're fighting me by quadrupling their buds for flowers allllll over the stems.  Monsters! 

Can I put salt and vinegar in a spray bottle, Mother?  (sorry, I keep forgetting what you said) 

MtRider  :offtobed:  

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Can I put salt and vinegar in a spray bottle, Mother?  (sorry, I keep forgetting what you said) 

Yes but don’t get it on anything you don’t want it on.  The ratio would be 1 gallon of vinegar, 1 cup of salt, and a tablespoon of dish soap.  Regular vinegar may not be strong enough to kill but it should help stop the flowering.  The salt dehydrates the plant and the dish soap helps it adhere to the leaves.  Technically you should be putting the salt near the ground at root level but be aware that salt in the soil can cause the soil to be sterile and nothing at all will grow in that ground, possibly for years.  

You might want to make up a small batch and try it on a few plants to see its effect.  Some plants are pretty resistant to anything natural and I suspect your thistles might be like that. Perhaps use 1 quart vinegar, 1/4 cup salt, and a teaspoon of dish soap in a spray bottle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I might need to try that on the weeds at fence at my neighbor's house behind me. They don't bother with grass cutting or anything behind that garage. His friends use it for a bathroom when they are drinking a lot. The weeds are all over my back fence. So got to do something. I do still have some weed killer in shed, but I don't like using it. 

And my GS positively will not be moving back in here with me. Once out he's out for good. Seems ever since my DH passed on, everything fell apart. I started just under a year after his passing doing the repairs and remodel on bathrooms and such. I was just starting to pack up things when DGD and her DH moved in for 4 months. Then the construction and remodel started that next year right after they moved out. Then within a month here comes DGS.  So, I have not been able to get my life back together since my DH passed. So, you can all be sure I will not be letting anyone move back in with me. Be it GD's or GS's. I need my time to do my thing and get my life back on track. I never got to finish the house painting and such and not going to now, until next year. By the time I get all that finished then I will be thinking about moving, where to move and what I want in a forever home. I thought this would be that forever home but progress around here has changed all of that. Traffic and the fact that this area is still growing and there is hardly any farmland left has changed my mind on staying here. But even after I do move no one is moving in with me again. I need my life to be free of worry for others, spending my time cleaning up behind others, etc. You get the picture. 

Today I am working on garage and washing clothes.  If GS is off today as he hasn't told me yet and he is still in bed right now. I am putting his butt to work out there. He can do the heavier stuff. Might even make him wash windows out there if we can get to them today. I am getting ready to ditch a lot more stuff.  Need to head to Good Will to empty the car of box loads of stuff now. Tomorrow is trash day so loading up the trash cans as well.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Mt_Rider said:

Jeepers, you have a sauce pan....heat up some vanilla in water...cinnamon....?  Or they have plug-in things with those type of fragrances too but I don't have any idea which actually smell like the real thing. 

I like the plug -in things from Bath and Body Works. There are a variety of really nice scents and I tend to buy them in January and July when the store has a big sale. I use them in our condo in Florida. It can get kind of a stuffy/musty/unloved smell when we are not in residence. For real estate purposes, you would want to use a fruit scent as many people have a love/hate relationship with florals. One of my favorite ones is Fresh Amalfi Lemon. The scent is really bright and clean. I use the little popup air fresheners from Airwick or Renuzit in closets or other small areas. They could probably work in basements, too.

• Like 5

Oh My Gerd. 

Realtor texted last night for my listing approval.  I agreed with the pictures etc. 

I got up at 8:00 and started on a pasta salad I've been craving. I'm chopping onions when the phone texts start going off. Evidently I don't know how to use the app. 

Realtors text for approval to come see the house. I'm supposed to answer back Y or N. I keep answering Y and they keep sending the same text over and over. I texted my realtor and she said she'd have the service they all use to call me for conformation. That's not working out vey well. Only half the time actually. 

So I think I have five realtors coming today and one in the morning. Today from 4:30 spread out til 7:00. Tomorrow one at 11:00am. Nothing is ever simple for me. 

I'm not going to have time to bake anything. Besides, I need to do a test run on the oven first. I looked in and found some leftover plastic and some cardboard under the shelves, whatever they are called. And some in the bottom drawer thingy. I don't want to set the house on fire the first day. Or release toxic plastic fumes. Crimony. I thought I was ready. I bought one of those muffins in a cup things. Total bust. I don't have a measuring cup and I couldn't find the "fill here" line. And I may or may not have stirred it enough. But it promptly boiled over in the microwave. It tasted horrible. Could have been user error. 

Not sure where I'm going to go all that time. From 4:00-7:00. I have trash to dump and I really really need a calendar that I can glance at. Maybe the library. It's right behind my house.

With so many appointments, I'm thinking it's just realtors coming through to get an idea for their potential clients. They will probably all have their realty company logo plastered on their car. Whatever, this day can't end too soon. 

P.S.  I did spray with some odor neutralizer stuff. That mixed with the muffin and pasta salad smell should do it. On the plus side, I didn't have to poop. I'm taking that as a win. 

• Like 6

Jeepers, it sounds like they are working fast. That is a good thing. Though I know you need time to figure out where to go while they are there.  Hoping it sales fast. 

I goofed again and started posting about the hacking issue and just kept going about what I was doing today. 

But a quick rundown is that I took off to Good Will and emptied the car of everything I was getting rid of and then came home and started on the garage. Tomorrow is trash day, so I dumped a lot of junk.  I have been waiting 5 months for DD to take the baby gates a neighbor gave me. She said she wanted them, and I have said something every time she has been in town, and she just has excuses. They are now in the car getting ready to go to good will. I am over the waiting game. I have 2 playpens, 2 car seats and that one playpen I am keeping and both DD and DGD wants a car seat. And DD wants the other playpen. But the excuses have started up again. Hold on to them I will get them. The countdown is on. If they don't get them, I am just keeping one playpen and one car seat for my car. Not sure I will go anywhere with the baby but at least I will have a car seat just in case. GD did go through the baby clothes and only took the ones for now that the baby can wear now. The rest is still in the living room. I need to find a place to store them out of the way till she can finish going through them. She said there were a lot of things she could possibly use for the 2nd baby but holding out to see if this baby will be a boy or girl. She should know in about 6 weeks. 

• Like 4

I love fruity scents too. Back in the day, I used to get one called mulberry. I don't like floral either. I don't care for lavender or rose. Pretty flowers but rose scent smells just like my hometown funeral home in the 60's - 70's. I can't remember what I picked up today. Something like fresh linen or clean outdoors. It's pretty neutral. I used a light hand. I always think about our OOTO who can't tolerate artificial fragrances. 

A couple of decades ago I bought some gel candles from K-Mart. Then I heard they weren't safe to burn. Something about petroleum based or something. But I kept them and to this day they smell like fresh baked apple pie. Apple cinnamony. Over 20 years and they still make my closets smell good. They look like they have apple slices in them. Unfortunately they are already in my Indy closets. 

I have about 1 more hour to kill in the Jeep. Of course I have no air and no CD player. I'm parked in our Metro Parks area. It's actually nice and quiet and shady. A Beagle walked by and I said helloooooo. No salutation was returned. S/he was too busy sniffin the grass. I didn't take it personally. I know how they are. 

I went to the dumpster. I only had one bag. Boy is that unusual. I usually have a Jeep full. Not much left to dump anymore. I went to Wal-Mart for a calendar. Boy is that a must. End of the year meant a big sale. Then over to the carwash. One more hour and I can go home and sit in front of a fan and eat my pasta salad in my undies. The good life. 

Hold the phone...

Police have 4 motorcycles pulled over close to me. He was picking something up from the middle of the street. Two guys were struggling to push one of the bikes out of the way. Now one of the cops is next time me. Oh brother. I'm blocked in from behind and beside me. 

Why me. Always me. 

20240904_180845.jpg 

20240904_180641.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I probably responded in the hacked forum too! I don't know where I am most of the time. Both in real life and online. :grinning-smiley-044:

They have some woman beside me stopped and out of her car. If I had to guess, and I am, I think she rammed into one of the motorcycles. 

I'm still blocked in. I could ask them to move but it isn't important. I still a half an hour to wait. And there are 6 of them. They are big. And packin' B)

Just so they don't start fireing, I'll be okay. I feel safe here.

This is what I saw driving over here. 

Enlarge the head out the window in the blue car. :24:

20240904_171813.jpg

• Like 5

Well, you have lots of company if nothing else. But something must have happened. Cute pup just enjoying the ride and the breeze. 

Did a bit more on garage and just sort of looked around to see what I will be packing up tomorrow for Good Will.  I want the garage cleared out by the end of the month. I am thinking in the morning of taking GS's skateboard and his weights and putting them in the trunk of his car. Told him not to buy them that I have nowhere for them, and he did it anyway. He never uses them. So out they go to his trunk. That should do it. 

I have a lot of plastic containers I am going to pack up and take to Good Will also tomorrow. Hoping to have a lot cleared out of there tomorrow morning. I don't know where all this mess came from, but it has definitely built up over the years. And once the baby things are out where they need to go, there will be no more stuff coming into the house. They are going to have to either store it themselves and if someone gives me something for one of them, I am going to take it to them and drop it off right then. But I must say, all that baby stuff is going to be a huge help with the second baby. They just need to come and get it sooner rather than later. Need to find out when DD is coming back here again. She hasn't said anything lately and she has already release I think most of the animals back into the wild now. So shouldn't be an issue to come here on a weekend to pick up the baby things she is taken. Then DGD needs to pick up the other car seat and rest of the clothes. I am keeping the baby swing unless DGD's DH is getting transferred and then I will give that to DD for when she is keeping the Gkids. 

• Like 5

Hey ladies! Hope you have all been well. I have been at my son’s keeping our grandson for the past two weeks while his Mimi is on vacation. He is such a sweet and perfect baby but ya’ll….I am T-I-R-E-D😂 

Hoping to catch up on how everyone is tonight!! Wanted to drop in and say Hi!

• Like 7

I'm weary. Sitting in the car for over 4 hours wore me out. I got home and another realtor pulled in behind me. He was running late. No big deal really. I told him I'd leave again.  He said it wasn't necessary.  So I offered to just sit in the car...some more. They were in and out quickly. Awkward. 

I had 5 people come through today and so far 3 for tomorrow and 1 Friday. At least today they were one right after the other. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple more request a showing. 

She said it usually takes a dozen people looking before any offer is made. Friday will be 9 people so far. So let's get this show on the road. LOL. Today, I'm ready to take the first offer. I want gone. 

Honestly, I don't know how people can afford to buy right now unless they are selling a house for a down payment. I'm glad I bought the other house when I did. I probably wouldn't qualify for it in todays market. According to Zillow, it's gone up almost 40%. I can tell you, it's not worth it 

There are a couple of issues with the basement. Water under the furnace and some how one of the cement blocks at the top of the wall, is missing. How I never noticed that...I don't know. I hate that basement. 

I'm never moving again.

• Like 6

MtRider if you get the industrial strength vinegar I'm betting it would kill it. Can't remember the %acidity but a local farmer around here swears by the stuff. Hope you can decapitate your thistle hydras enough to make a difference. Nature is determined to go to seed!

Martianchick I like lemon too, essential oils is what I use in a diffuser with lavender and peppermint. Smells sweet and fresh.

Jeepers soon it will be better :hug3: I am hopeful it will sell soon. 

Littlesister glad you made some progress I bet that felt good

Simply-A-Snow glad you stopped by! :wave:

My back is improving today thankfully and we got 7th grade homeschool off to a good start. I am learning French along with my son in Duolingo having fun with that. It has cooled off a bit I will take temps in the 80's with lower humidity any day so relieved it is almost fall. I got my truck battery replaced today we'll see if that solves my issue. It kept dying I am wondering if the alarm system is draining it, going to get it turned off if the dealership can do that for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow...y'all are having "exciting" times!  Little Sister is setting the place "on fire" with her urge to Clear It Out Now!  Good for you!  But...remember to take care of your body.  It'll get you back if you don't! 

Jeepers..... :grinning-smiley-044:  Only You would be parked, minding your own business when suddenly....cops all over and what are they doing?  Glad it didn't get violent or something.  :pray: for a GOOD and QUICK sale and off you go to INDY!  :balloons: 

BeccaAnne....Not sure I have (or have seen) industrial strength vinegar.  But I have old stuff that's dehydrating as the years go by... ??  "Thistle Hydras"  -  YESSS!  Perfect description of the monster things.  With that ostrich-type neck and flower-going-to-fluff-seed, some are taller than me.  But the multipliers are the ones I beat to the ground and they retaliated with multiplying ....and multiplying....  :gaah:

:hi: Snow or A New Me.  Which do you prefer or won't the site let you in under your previous name?  Baby sitting for extended time would be more taxing than the first time around, right?  But...they grow up fast.  Our younger is now at college - freshman.  Wow...and he's almost 2' taller than me.  Sheesh, his mom ..nor dad...is that tall! 

:sSig_thankyou:  Mother.  I wrote it down this time - in my "code" book.  I can get rid of some old vinegar that way.  Most of these are in the ditch.  The road grader made a wide pass over part of them this summer when it was quite wet.  Uprooted some.  Some rose up again thru the mud!  { I'm tellin' ya, they're alien creatures! } 

Gonna start another ...

• Like 3

:sigh:  I ended up seeing my primary doc today.  :blink:   That's like: IMPOSSIBLE!  So booked up.  But when I called in to say I'm done with the antibiotics for the ear and it's still plugged - the person said: Can you get in here by.....   Uh....if we leave here in TEN MINUTES!  We did.  :runcirclsmiley2:So glad I felt ok enough for a shower/wash hair yesterday.  Half hour drive!!  We blazed outta here and I did not feel well in the car.  Not sick but flat worn out!  And the dingy dog kept nosing me for attention.  She's a whiny ratfink in the car and due to centrifugal force, I sit in the back with her.  I growled loud enough that she finally gave over.  After she gets a walk, then she rides fine on the way home.  :buttercup:  

So doc didn't want to continue with antibiotic if no indication of bacteria.  Yes...I agree.  But it worked last time in May - so worth a shot.  She checked things in both ears and lungs and throat and such.  Nothing in L and R had improved a lot.  But it's still plugged.  So sent us off to get things from OTC section.  DH went in to get them before we came home. 

( pray for his back, poor thing.  He has to go in to town again tomorrow with his client - usually on Mondays but ...holiday.  He's limping worse than me.)

So I've begun to take Mucinex, Alegra, and the spray Flonase.  None are 'scripts.  OK...the other way wasn't working...  We're all convinced it's "hay fever" allergies from our extraordinarily LUSH summer - plenty of rain but then....  :lois:  now it's in the air.   This is my worst season anyway and this year is a doozy!  :lois: :lois:  :lois:  

We barely got in the house when a very LOUD thunderstorm with hail began right over our heads!  Good thing I had the Left hearing aid turned down. (haven't worn the R one for 2 wks.  Hail kept growing in size from chips to peas but stopped at marble size.  Didn't do any damage, thankfully. 

MtRider  ....even MORE pills/stuff to do.  :pray:  this works! 

PS:  Doc was wearing a mask and there was a fresh one on the exam table. "Are we going back to these again?"  She said, well, if someone is sick/contagious.  I put it on tho I don't think I'm contagious.  But... :shrug:  ...she was up close and personal today so.... 

• Like 5

Hope you feel better soon @Mt_Rider!

Keep going @Littlesister!  You are getting things and people cleared out.  LOL

Glad you feel a little better @Becca_Anne!

And @Jeepers,  I never know what to say.  You get so much done and have so many issues to deal with!

Yesterday, after walking, I was in town half the day doing small errands and a little shopping. I took my friend to her eye doc appt and dropped her off, then did most of my errands.

Today, I will do a walking video as it is supposed to rain all day and is doing so now.
Walk dogs if there is a time with no rain.
Make out a few Christmas cards.
Maybe put out my Fall silk flowers to decorate porch.
Fertilize my little surinam cherry bushes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Mt_Rider. Amazon and the Lowes/ Home Depot sell high acidic vinegar. I've seen some up to 40%  Glad you got in to see your doctor again. Flonase was one of the meds my ENT told me to get. Suppose to dry up any fluid blocked in your inner ear. If I'm remembering correctly.  :pray: for your DH's back too. 

@snapshotmiki. "Things AND people" :24:

• Like 2

Mt. Rider, praying for your ears to clear up with the meds this time. Also, for your DH's back to start doing better. 

Jeepers, I am praying that your house sells fast. You need to get out and get moved to Indy permanently. 

Becca Anne, glad home school has started out really well for you.  My DGD in CA took French all the way through middle and high school and college. She can speak it better than English and has been to France about 4 times. 

Went out early this morning and went through a bunch of plastic boxes and packed up a lot of plastic containers and put in trunk. Also, a small child's table and one chair that GD decided she didn't want as well as the baby gates. All went to Good will this morning. Then off to Ledil's and back home again. Don't know what is going on with the meats at Ledil's but I really didn't like the looks of it. They didn't have a lot of meats but what they had looked rather old and just not good at all. So passed on that. The can goods were given away prices compared to the regular grocery stores around here. Picked up some canned peaches and a few other things such as coffee and some other different things you can't get at a regular store. Got things put away and going to get back out to garage shortly. I did put GS's weights and skateboard in trunk of his car while he was sleeping. So that is out of my way now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well, the bees are back! I killed 2 inside ds's room yesterday. None today. But, they are flying around chimney and some hole again. Exterminator said he would be back again today or tomorrow.  Looks like tomorrow since it's getting late today.

I'm normally a night owl but the last 2 nights I have been out by 10:30. Not sure why I am so tired.

Oldest DD visited from Maryland for Labor Day and we lit the firepit since she wanted to make s'mores.I don't like s'mores. So, I just had one of those giant roasted marshmallows. 😋 

DH is on vacation next but his vacation started early. Today. There is a natural gas issue where he works so they got off early and told the employees not to come back until Monday. I said to him: I have to put up with you more days now?! 🤣 

DH plans to work on our porch/ deck/ stairs during his vacation. Hopefully I can get some things done, too.

• Like 3

Thanks Littlesister. Prayers appreciated!

I have 2 lookers this afternoon. So I have to be gone from 5:00-7:00. I'm getting really tired now. I have one more tomorow evening. I figure that is probably all the current buyers in my area. That will make 10 people that have been through.

I'm pretty sure the water in the basement is from the AC. I still can't figure out how that cement block went missing and in 36 years I never noticed it. I asked D-ex and he was perplexed too. I'd rather take money off the sale than try to get it fixed. I don't want more workers in here to deal with. He said the inspector can advise. Jimbo  has all his political signs out now. Hope the buyers are republican.  :grinning-smiley-044:

I'll go to Meijers for some lemon juice and baking soda. I forgot to put them on my list so I didn't get any yesterday. Maybe some stainless steel appliance cleaner. The handles on the fridge seem to have a chalky film on them that wipes off but comes back. Don't know what it is. I can use the stuff in the sink too. Water staIns. Maybe to the ATM, fill up the gas tank and mail in the Jeep insurance. Everything is within 10 min. of here. 

I wish we had multiple grocery stores over here. We just have Giant Eagle, Meijers, Wal-Mart and a really small Aldi. All of our discount stores like Stop and Shop and Save A Lot went out of business. Not a lot of competition over here.   :(

• Like 3

Jeepers, the weekend is coming, and people will also be off work. And if they are looking to move then it might be a busy weekend. But then the more that come to see it the better the chances of having it sold or even getting into a war to buy it. Sale to the highest bidder. 

We do have a lot of choices on stores:

Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Aldi's, Ledil's, Kroger, Walmart, Then the cheaper places Dollar Tree, General Dollar, and Ollie's. Then we have Sam's club, BJ's wholesale and Costo but I don't shop Costo as they are just too far to travel. Other than Costo, I do shop all of them at different times of the month. 

• Like 2

Will probably do a walking video today as it is still raining.
Pick up my friend and go to the Salvage grocery store and then a doc appt.
Take friend home and work at cafe for 3 hours.
That's all that is planned. You all have a great weekend!

• Like 4