MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

Yeah, Part 2....the ear infection saga:

Mentioned yesterday that I woke with ache/spasms kinda all over body.  Even after sleeping quite well.  Same thing this morning.  Neck really hurt, along base of skull.  And again with the low back on both sides.  (what the heck IS that?)  So DH took one look at my condition today too and grabbed the phone.  Got me an appt today (7 days from the last one with my primary).  Cuz altho she said to take the OTC for 2 wks, it's been a week and I'm worse.  This is obviously not going well.  ....and I don't think he likes seeing me now worse... in pain.  I have a good DH!  :wub: 

So we had another quick-get-ready.  Drove in the other direction to a small town still in this county.  The medical complex where I usually go has a satellite clinic there and a Physicians Assistant had an appt open.  Winding Mt roads but quite beautiful.  We hadn't been out this way for a long time.  PA was good.  I was miserable.  Not feeling well at all.  Spasms likely are from MS getting set off.  :wacko:  Grrreeat!  Actually didn't think of that.  Cuz MS is based on inflammation.  So now I'm taking steroids.  She was good and I have a return appt but at the usual clinic we go to....the other direction.  On the way back, we did take the other road....very beautiful (we haven't been on it in years but should when the aspens turn -- we never go anywhere any more cuz we're both  :0327:  all the time)  Anyway that's where the 'script is sent so we did a huge loop to get those and go home.  Poor DH....he could use prayer for his permanently damaged back.  Was in pain and the rest of the drive was in the pouring rain.  Boy, it's raining a LOT this year! 

So I'll eliminate Alegra in favor of Sudafed, at her advice.  I do react well to Sudafed.  Then the steroid may finally make progress on BOTH ears and spasms.  Yes, she found the L ear doesn't look good now either.  That's exactly what happened back in late May this year.  ....right before we were going to be flying.  I'm going to be flying to MO on 10/1  :sigh:  What's up with this year!!!  This time it's been going on for 3 wks now. 

I've had to cancel a bunch of stuff like this fall's Women's weekly Bible Study.  and tomorrow's Cognitive Therapy.  Couple other things to make room for recovery!  Still thinking this is viral...contagious?  AND...I have to pack!  Not as bad as the Maui trip but still....packing/airport anxiety....  :pray:   I'll make it.  But I need my ears healthy for the descent of the plane.  :puzzledsmile:  AGAIN!!

MtRider .... :offtobed:   (and hey, it's only 11pm Mt Time)  I have a headache tho...  Ow.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

We will both be traveling @Mt_Rider.  I leave Oct 2nd on the train for IL.  Praying safe travels for both of us!

Will walk in a few minutes.
Then take DH to the town 40 miles away for hearing aid appt.
Stop at a medical items store to buy more oxygen hoses (cat) and nebulizer cups. DH thinks if he has enough cups for when I am gone, then he won't need respite to come in. I would set them up ahead.  Sigh
Cut up watermelon this afternoon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Blessedhomemaker,  praying for your grandson. 

MtRider, praying for healing for you and for safe travels for you and Miki.

LittleSister, I'm sorry for your loss.

Jeepers, I would think if they had concerns that is something they would have addressed when they put in their offer.  Unless they are thinking it is something the inspector will note and it will be dealt with then.   When is their inspector coming?   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Prayers for Blessed homemakers GS.  I just hope it's not the mumps. And not anything too bad that he will heal fast. :pray: 

Prayers for Mt. Rider's ears to heal, safe travels and for her DH to have relieve from his back pain. 

Safe travels and prayers for Miki's trip also.

And for Jeepers house to sell very soon. :pray:

Today DGD came over with the baby right after story time at the library. She loves her books. I ordered her birthday gift also this morning. Played with baby for a while and then we loaded up GD's car with the baby gear and GS's food. She and her DH are heading for DD's house this weekend. 

After they left, I went outside and connected up the houses to well. I now have 250ft of hose that will stretch through most of the yard. Got all the windows on the outside cleaned and the patio door. Then hosed down the driveway. Had to run to store to pick up more hornet's spray. They seem to like the corners of my windows. Well, right after dark they are going to find out I don't like them and are getting sprayed down. I tried to drown that but some escaped and trying to build another nest in the corner of that same window. It will be gone again in a few hours. 

Now I am done for. shoulder hurts, knee hurts and my body are saying I have done enough. It's just after 5pm so will be time for dinner soon anyway. So will eat dinner and sit down with a good book. Tomorrow is another day. 

Edited by Littlesister
Don't ask
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, snapshotmiki said:

Stop at a medical items store to buy more oxygen hoses (cat)

It might be a lot of work but....could you wrap those O2 hoses with aluminum foil ...to foil the CAT?  :gaah:  

Martian.....  :008Laughing:  YESSSsss!  We all neeeed that laugh!   I just sent my mom a new set of felt, fine tipped color pen.  She's been doing coloring for years.  I think I'll inherit her colors and books when she passes.  Maybe I'll set up an area to color too. 

I've had a morning that hits ALL my BUTTONS.  Mostly - when Yahoo! Mail WILL NOT LET ME INTO MY OWN ACCOUNT -MY OWN EMAIL!  Usually it opens right up AS I EXPECT!  But I was forced to click on all the pics with bicycles.  Pics are tiny and dark.  I put on an extra set of eye glasses cuz my readers are not strong enough.  I STILL can't see them clearly - and I enlarged to full screen.  I don't know if I didn't do it right but I had to find all the bridges in the next set of pics. 

Then I have to type in a 6 digit code sent to DH's laptop!  THEN I keep putting in the wrong code to open his laptop.    :banghead:   Finally called him at his client's house and he {again} tells me the code )need to change that in my code book)  I finally type that in correctly. 

Good Grief....I've been sick for 3 weeks.  Gimme a break!

THEN YAHOO PUT ME IN TIME OUT...... "to protect this account, come back in 15 min." 

I wait 16 minutes and they tell me to try again in 8 minutes.  Did. Then wait for 2 minutes.  Did.  Then wait for ...get this: -5 minutes.   WHAT?   :soapbox:

I'm usually fairly calm , competent, and have a fair degree of patience.  However, Yahoo has no right to protect me from me!  And I've been sick, dang it! My usual calm/competent/patience.... GONE!  :motz_6: And illogic of minus 5 minutes just ....  Good thing I'm much more aware of what I'd lose... than angry with something I cannot reach out and choke.  So I DIDN'T throw the foul device on the floor! 

I'd already shut it down Yahoo mail twice and restarted.  So I shut the whole computer down and restarted....and it let me in.  :0327:  

In other news....  I can hear my breathing in the L ear periodically today.  Both ears now.  Yeah, just like it did in May.  Waiting for the steroids to start making the difference.  I believe they will.  Taking all the other Mucinex, Flonase, and Sudaphed instead of Alegra.  I know Sudafed works for me; wasn't familiar with Alegra.   We'll see how that works now.

I think I should take a nap today. 

....you're right, Martian.  We're all pushed right now.  At least most of us are not under a hurricane warning....just to put things into perspective.  :amen:  

MtRider  :buttercup: 

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

Yeah, it's AnewMe/"something Snow" that is in Louisiana - hurricane.  And Miki might get rain in large quantities or a lengthy stretch of it.  But I've heard it wound down after hitting land..right? 

So.....24 hrs after beginning on Steroids and Sudafed.....   :amen:   :hapydancsmil:   (Whoa..... even watching the twirling guy still makes me DIZZY)  But yeah!  Praise the Lord!  I am feeling a LOT better than I have for 3 weeks!  It just kept getting worse and worse.  But this PA saw what hadn't been working and found the right stuff. 

I'm only annoyed that neither DH or I remembered that I've previously had good results from those things.  :buttercup:  But.....I really rarely get sick.  It's been years and years since I've needed that stuff.  Except for this May...and somehow I got thru that one.  Not so this time.  I think the last time I got really sick - always goes to bronchitis if it's 'sick' not ear infection, was January of 2020.  That was the bronchitis version of MISERABLE SICK. :fever:  DrK actually checked me for Whooping Cough.  Didn't have it but very sick!

So 4 years later.....memory exterminated.  :sigh:  Maybe I'll write in soap at the very top of the bathroom mirror - Sudafed and Steroids.  :lol:  This could have been stopped a couple weeks ago.  :shrug:   Well, I've still got a ways to go - recovering and fully getting this infection out of both ears.  But yay!  I was even able to walk dog tonite at a pretty good clip.  Rode in car UP the driveway tho.

I'm getting tired now... finished Hawaiian, and supper + dishes.  Just took 3rd steroid and need to take 2nd(last) Sudafed and Mucinex and Flonase.  Then :offtobed: 

MtRider...'Nite all!  Thanks so much for prayers!  :grouphug: 

• Like 5

Mt. Rider, so glad you are doing much better.  You will get over that mess yet.  I have been doing a lot of sneezing lately but might be allergies. The garage is dusty and dirty and full of dead bugs. Part of the issue with GS running in and out of the garage all night long. Light on attracts bugs. But I had like I do every year spray the garage with that one-year bug spray. It works but I have twice as many bugs and flies are awful. I sweep the floor as I move things out. Have another load going to Goodwill in a couple of days. I try to load up the trunk and the back seat before taking a load there. They are right next to the Food Lion so easy trip. 

Just about done with my coffee so time to get back out to garage and work some more. Need to get out to shed to pull out all of the coolers to empty freezer. And it looks like it is going to rain. So, I need to get busy soon. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Mt_Rider, We only got 2" rain total from the hurricane.  Fine with me!  I'm glad that you are feeling better before you travel!  

Already walked.
Will go to City Hall to pay reduced water bill because of leak.
Work at cafe for 3 hours.
Dispensary for gummies.
Label and put away the green beans canned yesterday.
Finally cut up that watermelon!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 9/3/2024 at 10:52 PM, Mt_Rider said:

some hellatious storms

Actually, we live in a "Moses" path and may have some serious down pours, sometimes hail, and have spent some time in our basement a couple of times waiting out a tornado warning...but don't get what the western, northern, southern or eastern areas.  We have had a couple of tornado's hit, they were always on the west side of our city and several years between them.  We live outside of what they call "tornado alley"...LOL

• Like 6

Puppies grow up to fast. But they will always be our puppy. 

Today I got the side garage window cleaned and cleaned the blind. Then went out and pulled out all the coolers.  Was going to defrost the freezer today but I got really shaky and weak feeling. Didn't think about my sugar levels. Yep, dropped like a bomb. So got something to eat and laid down for a while. Though the levels came back up I still felt shaky and weak. So called it a day and messed around in the house getting a few things done. I really didn't think 70 for sugar was all that low but must be for me. I hate diabetes. 

Looking like rain still. Was like that all day long. Sun has gone down and it is just one of those dreary days. Cloudy off and on this morning and now just cloudy like it is fixing to rain. Don't know if this rain is from that hurricane or the tropical storm in the East Atlantic. But don't think anything is going to come of that storm. 

• Like 6

Mt Rider glad you are feeling better :cheer:\

Littlesister yep gotta be careful with working too much and getting low sugars! Glad you listened to your body and recuperated

Miki  glad your water company reduced the bill for you. I'm wondering if I have a small leak somewhere because my water bill has been creeping up a bit since summer started and I didn't water last month and it still went up so I'm watching it

Stay safe WE2! We got a bit of Francine's rain but it was just a much needed rain by the time it got here.

I managed to get a closet reorganized and the suitcases all consolidated so it fit better. I unpacked 1 box and found my luggage straps so that was a win. All the electric blankets are handy and the guest bedding also now easy to get to if I need it. I worked and listened to a webinar for work at the same time so it was a win all around.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My energy/sick-fatigue feelings kinda go up and down.  But I'm finally heading for health.  Plane leaves for Missouri 10/1 so ...countdown.  I'll see the PA on Tues - I'll be out of the small amount of steroids by tomorrow, I think.  If they haven't kicked this, I'll put in a message before Tues if needed.  I'll also need an additional 'script for Flexeril ( spasticity) cuz she doubled the amount I usually take.  Was checking my usual meds today - for the MO trip. 

Right now there is a tiny but sharp ache in R ear.  That sensation comes and goes in either ear.  The plugged feeling is the same.  But most of the time, I'm feeling nearly clear/no pain.  Progress...  :amen:

However my night and day have been scrambled.  I'd just had success in getting to bed before midnight and actually falling asleep without Unisom!  :cheer:   But the past days since steroid, Sudafed, ....I'm not getting to sleep...at all.  I'm FREEEEZING tho I add more blankets and clothes.  Last nite (early morning) I finally put on some gloves I have for bed and some long stockings cuz pj pant legs ride up.  I think I'll wear a knit hat tonite.  Body is having a hard time gaining traction with this mess, I'm guessing.  MS = hard to regulate temperature!  My fingers, end of nose and sometimes my toes have been FREEEZING since this started.  So....I've been sun bathing every afternoon while sun is shining.  Vit D (tho I supplement all year with gummy D3)  but I'm also just getting warmed up thoroughly!  ...then of course I can get too hot and get back inside.  :buttercup: 

I'm trying to do EVERYthing I can think of.  But not getting enough sleep is now the big battle front.  I think I slept for only a couple hours last nite and the same the night before.  I did go back to bed after eating and taking morning pills.  Another 2-3 hrs?  :gaah:    I'm trying to get into bed early tonite.  All warm and cozy.  The poor circulation has been an issue with my extremities but really noteworthy now.  I's just tuckered out!!!  :0327:   This too, shall pass.  

MtRider  ....step by step....inch by inch......  :shrug:   Thanks for prayers! 

• Like 5

Been a very busy morning again.  finished up on the window and waiting for the screens to dry to put those back. Finished cleaning down the driveway. Cigarette butts everywhere. Glad I won't be dealing with that again. Pulled out my mop and broom holder and cleaned that down and also the racks to the grill. 

I am now ready to start on the freezer but decided to wait till tomorrow. I am going to scrub down the kitchen and give that a good cleaning as when I empty the freezer tomorrow, I am bringing all the chicken in to thaw so I can get it all canned up. Then I will start back on the garage on Monday. I hope to be finished with that by the end of the week. Wish me luck. I am hoping for no interruptions other than a doctor apt. on Wednesday morning. But that shouldn't take long. 

• Like 6

:hapydancsmil:  :amen:    (twirly guy still makes me dizzy) 

I really bundled up for sleeping last nite.  All as described above with gloves and added the stocking hat.  ( I  think it's called a 'toboggan' in some realms)  Anyway, once I finally got into bed at 3am, I slept till alarm  at 10am.  7 hrs!  So Much Better!  The chill thing is way off my usual charts but....  Dunno why - mebbe one/some of the meds?  I've got a mean case of DRY MOUTH too.  That's the steroid or Sudafed but I'm too grateful for them to care.  Gulping water down. 

Lovely fall day.  Had to wear shorts on my horse ride, actually.  Big ole M didn't even start his coughing when the dust rose.  I kept he and me back so the dust of the other horses settled before M and I went thru it.  I always bring up the rear. 

Of course DH got a bake-at-home pizza for lunch.  We do need a bit of EASY with what - all has been happening.  But the past 2 days I've been cooking our supper.  :cook:  Big improvement!  :amen:   

Ears seem to be pretty well cleared.  Good, cuz I run out of steroid pills tomorrow.  Get some better sleep again and I'll be ready for the flight to MO.  I do see the PA on Tues - final check to see if this is going to stay clear.  I'll be taking some of the OTC meds (especially Sudafed) with me to MO. 

I so rarely get 'sick' (not counting the usual of MS and migraines, etc) that we both forget what works for me.  :rolleyes: 

MtRider  ..thanks for prayers, y'all!  :grouphug: 

• Like 5

Mt. Rider, you are in my prayers that you get well and stay well and for a safe trip. Glad to see you are now feeling much better. And yes, it is the steroids that give you dry mouth. Been there done that. 

I have gotten a good start on cleaning out cigarette smell from everywhere. Cleaned down the driveway, garage window is done. The mop holder thing is all clean and ready to put the mops and brooms back in it. Grill racks are clean and back in the grill. Fridge is clean as well as microwave. Still need to clean the oven but can do that while the canners are going. Changed some things around in the cabinets to make it easier for me to get to the things I use the most. So, need to move some food to the pantry. Not smelling the cigarette mess any longer and he made a mess of the fridge. Took over 2 hours pulling all the shelves out and everything to clean it. I didn't know he spilled something that went under the drawers in the bottom. He must have cleaned it up where I would see it and left the rest. But all cleaned up now. And so much better. Tomorrow will be the freezer. Once that is done and moved down a way, then I can pull the shelving unit out of the office to put where the freezer is now. Once that is done, I will be on my way to getting this mess cleaned up.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

All went well in Indiana. I got the Jeep unloaded the first day. I didn't go to son's that day because GS had soccer practice and I'd only see him for a few minutes. I think I can get what's left in the Ohio house in one last Jeep full now. 

I wasn't planning to go to sons at all this trip but you know how that goes. Just come for pizza, mom. You don't have to stay long. Sigh. GS didn't know I was coming and when they drove up, from school, he ran out of the car and gave me a big bear hug. That alone was worth the trip. 

I have been trying to put a bathroom cabinet together for the last 3 times I was there. I took it to sons and said if he can get it together, great. If not, put it on the curb. I don't care. I really don't. It has cams of some kind in it and I can't figure it out. I put together 4 DVD bookcases and a computer cart but I can't do that blasted cabinet. 

Something happened to my ear. The one that still has a hole in the eardrum. Friday morning it started leaking. I have no idea why. I can tell the ear canal is swollen nearly shut. I have dried crud around the opening. And it hurts. Hurts mostly on the outside of my ear but with sharp stabbing pains inside the ear too. The pain isn't horrible but nagging. I can't eat because chewing hurts the outside of the ear. The whole outside of the ear hurts to touch. 

I have radon tester tomorrow, HVAC on Monday, inspection on Wednesday. They want to schedule a basement inspector soon as possible. If I had another offer, I'd tell these people to forget it. But I don't. 

I got a 6 page form to fill out from their title company. Some of it was in legal-ese. I put a note in it and said I didn't know how to answer the last page. Heck with them. I did my best without answering wrong. I added my phone number if they want to contact me. 

Then I also had a form waiting for me to fill out from MS. My dad had died and left me $2,000. My poor step-sister has been going through it trying to get all the legal stuff done and selling his house. House wasn't worth much and what is left is probably going toward legal fees. And divided 6 ways. I have to have it notarized tomorrow. I signed off on it. I saw the man once in all my 72 years. He never gave my mom one penny of child support. In my eyes he was a dead beat dad. Not sure what I'll do with it. Son needs a storage shed for his lawn mower so maybe that. I don't want the money for myself. 

I'm disgruntled today. Can you tell? :008Laughing:

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Jeepers, you need to find somewhere in all that to get that ear checked out.  That is a lot going on with the house. Sounds like they are going to want you to fix whatever the above finds. For a dead-beat dad getting the $2000 will definitely help your son to get a shed if you are not going to need it to get the house sold. Hang in there maybe after Wednesday all will be done. Did you talk to your real estate lady about those papers from a title company of the person that is buying the house. Not heard of that before. But might be something they do in your state, but my daughter never went through that and sold houses a few times. She has a 5-year limit on living somewhere. Only stayed in one place long enough to get the kids through one school and not be transferred every 5 years. She is already talking about moving again. They moved to NC in October of 2020 so coming up on 5 years in 2025. But I don't think her DH is going to be willing to change jobs and start over again just so she can move again. This time to Kerr Dam about a 4-hour trip from where they are now. It is one of the reasons I don't want to move near where she is like she wants me to. Stay put or I move to where I want to move, and you can come visit if it's not that close to you. I am not playing the moving game. If I get this house sold, I will buy one house of my choosing where I want to move to and stay put. I will not keep moving to be closer to DD. I have to draw a line on that one. 

• Like 4

Jeepers please get your ear checked out even if you have to go to an urgent care that sounds like it could be infected :hug3:I'd use the 2000 towards anything you need to do to get the house sold. All the inspections are a pain but just keep going and any buyer in todays market is going to want them. 

Littlesister I 100% think you are right you should move if you want to but somewhere YOU want to live and they can come visit you. I think you said the taxes where you are aren't great, that alone is a reason to consider moving somewhere less taxed, but only if it makes financial sense in other ways as selling and moving is super expensive too. :hug3:

Mt Rider the steroids for sure are what is messing up your sleep. Make sure you are taking them in the am, my pharmacist the first time I took them didn't tell me and I was taking them in the evening and I got 2 hrs sleep in 5 days. It was agony so I feel for you. The dry mouth is likely the Sudafed but a good sign it's doing what you want it to and drying up all the extra fluid in your ears hopefully. I really hope this does work to help you and then whatever you're allergic to calms down so it doesn't come back. 

Today I'm going to rest and read. Book club this evening then video call with my oldest daughter and grandson. Yesterday I managed to get all my kids on a video call so that was fun. We're going to make it a regular thing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Littlesister, every buyer I know gets title insurance. It's to make sure the house really belongs to the seller and that there are no liens on the property. That was one reason I was so adamant that the construction company didn't put a lien on the house when insurance was late paying what they owed. I didn't want that record on this house. It was very detailed and I had to look up a lot of things like my utility companies and my account number with them and their phone numbers. Also my mortgage ID number. Things that I had to go searching for. I have all of that info, on both houses, written down in the computer I no longer have. Sigh. The last page was in legal terms that I didn't understand, so I didn't answer it. They can call if it's important. But I wasn't going to check yes or no on something I didn't understand. I'm never moving again. It is very expensive and stressful! I told D-ex that the emotional feelings I'm having is just like when I was fighting the insurance company to pay. I don't like having my life in someone else's hands and not knowing what's going to happen. I'm not cut out for high finance. :D

The $2,000 will probably take a couple of months to get sorted out so I'm not counting on it paying for anything on the house. I think a lot of things there are tied up in legal issues. Maybe even probate. I'm not sure. I could use it for a lot of things! But I really don't want it. If I can buy son a little shed for his lawnmower, I'll be happy. So will he. He has to park his truck in the driveway because there is no room in the garage for both the truck and the mower. Winter is around the corner and they are in a snowbelt area with a lot of lake effect snow. Parking his truck inside will help. Actually, since he has been sick, he has been parking it out at my house. 

Becca-Anne, great idea doing video calls with family! Especially that little boy. :wub:.  Sons do that every Sunday with GS and his grandpa out west. It helps to keep them connected. 

My ear hurts and its wet. I got an appointment with the doctor at 1:00 on Tuesday. I did it online. I could walk in the clinic anytime. But they are the ones who caused the damage in the first place so they would be last resort.

I'm wondering if it's time to tell my doctor I'm moving? I don't want to cut off my med supply. I'll need it when I move before I can find a doctor over there. And I might be here a little longer than I thought. :scratchhead:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Jeepers, not sure about what to tell your doctors about moving yet. You need to keep seeing them till you get the ear taken care of. You also will need to get new doctors in Indy so your records can be transferred to them. You can do that from the new doctor's office. Just sign a paper to give permission to get them and then the doctors in Ohio will fax everything over. 

I got the freezer cleaned out, defrosted and moved down. Now everything is back in there. I did have to throw away some things that fell to bottom of freezer and it was old. But not a lot. There was hardly any chicken in there. I thought I had a lot of chicken. It was all pork and beef. So, beef is sitting in kitchen in 3 small coolers waiting for me to go through it and get it all separated. Tomorrow I will start canning beef.  So, it will now be vegetable beef soup, beef stew, some plain canned beef, and not sure yet what else I will make with it. It is a lot of beef. I have a lot of pork as well. But that is back in the freezer. I will deal with that later. 

I am very tired and extremely sore. My back hurts, my legs hurt and surprisingly my knee is a bit sore but not hurting. I did baby it. I think I am going to set my alarm on my phone for 1 hour and take a short nap. That was a lot of work going through that freezer. GS had everything tossed everywhere when he was getting something out to eat. He has the one on the fridge in garage the same way. Will be loading up my fridge in kitchen with the beef after I sort though it for what type I want for what. Then will get all my canning jars in the dishwasher and everything set up to start canning tomorrow morning. Need to find my big stock pot. I think I know where it is just having to look, bring that in and wash that. Canners are sitting on the stove already.  

As they say, Let the fun begin. I will have at least 2 days of canning. 

• Like 5

JEEPERS!  :runcirclsmiley2:Seriously Sistah!!!!  Get that ear into a doc quickly!  People DIE of ear infections that get into the brain.  One of my relatives did.  Can't think of how your ear could have started up with that issue again.  But nothing else happened to that ear recently, right? 

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-

I finished the last steroid pill this morning.  It was prescribed for 3x per day but I had extra one from the first day starting late.  Thanks for the data on sleep disturbance for steroid tho, Becca Anne.  I was assuming that was the issue.  Does it also cause severe CHILLS?  Wow, I've had those.  Definitely part of the sleep disturbance.  Last nite I dressed up very warm again.  With twice getting up for bathroom (gallons of H20 for dry mouth)  I slept for 11.5 hours!!!!  Then got up for bathroom again.  Then just lay in bed getting situated.  Whew!  

Unfortunately, I had the hand tremors bad most of the day.  Big weakness.  (worn out)  Talked on phone for 3 hrs to my MO friend.  We'll have lots of time to rest and do a few fun things.  And she's arranged for us to horse ride x2 with her friend.  She'd benefit too.  Her first horse (after the Shetland pony) was later my first horse....tho I'd been riding other horses way before that.  We go way back to Kindergarten.  It will be refreshing/fun.  And she'll have someone in the house JIC one of her many health issues gets critical.  And I get kitty time.  :)   I miss cats.  Dogs...I love too but this one is so goofy, bouncy...that I miss a cat sitting on my lap purrrrring.  Dog does realllly good when I walk with her on road tho.  Very responsive to me, thankfully. 

So I have a follow-up appt with the PA I saw - who gave me the steroid and suggested Sudafed.  Last Tuesday.  Poor DH....HE will look forward to resting his back when I leave.  He'll only have Mon/Thurs with his Home Health Aid client.  Driving/riding is killer on his back right now and with all this hoo-ha with my appts, he's really been in pain.  But I can't drive to these places ESPECIALLY when I'm feeling very sickly - not just pain.  MS flare.  Cognitive not good.  So it's been up to him.  :(  I did cancel/postpone a lot of things scheduled this month already.  May or may not do 1 or 2 cognitive therapy sessions.  I can take the senior bus to those.  But he has to come to doc cuz I won't remember to ask...won't remember the answer at medical appts.  And Saturday horse rides cuz senior bus doesn't run on weekends. 

OK...going to bundle up for bed.  I can always take things off if I'm too warm.  The chills were a little less today.  Actually kept taking extra clothes off/on.  My hand tremors have mostly stopped too.  Steroids can be a real pain with side affects but ...I began to feel much better within 24 hrs of taking the first ones.  :amen:  And previous to that, I just kept getting worse for three whole weeks!  Sheesh! 

Go check your ear, Jeepers!!!  Glad your run to Indy was productive and that sweet boy loves his Grma so take care of yourself!  :wub: 

MtRider  ....nite all.

Edited by Mt_Rider
  • Like 3

I think I'm finally caught up here. I seem to miss a lot being gone for just a couple of days. Everyone is so busy.

Saturday: Got papers notarized

Sunday: Radon man came

Monday: HVAC inspection

Tuesday: 1:00 doctor appointment (ear)

Wednesday: Home Inspection

Thursday: SLEEP. 

Friday: Hopefully hear something from inspections. 

That still leaves a basement inspection sometime. They tried to get the HVAC and basement done at the same time for my convenience, but the company they chose can't come out until Sept. 27, so they are trying to find someone else. I hate selling a house. I'm stressed out. Very inconvenient for me because I have to be away from the house through everything, but they are paying for it. If the deal falls through at least I'll know some things that need fixed. 

I am thankful that I have the Indiana house though. At least I'm not trying to buy a house a state away at the same time I'm trying to sell this one. :0327:

• Like 4