MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

21 hours ago, Littlesister said:

her DH got transferred. He didn't have to take it, but DD said he was, and they were going to move there. Now it seems every 5 years is back on again.

Sometimes promotions are tied to moving from one station to another. It is good planning for him if this is the case with Coast Guard because pay raises usually also accompany those promotions.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Midnightmom said:

Sometimes promotions are tied to moving from one station to another. It is good planning for him if this is the case with Coast Guard because pay raises usually also accompany those promotions.

Midnightmom, he's not Coast Guard. He is management for a food distribution center out of Manassas VA.  Now my GS is working for one of the warehouses there in N.C. He just started there Monday. I don't think GS had any intentions of going into the Coast Guard. 

• Like 2

Going to be a busy day GSIL and his friend are coming to help move furniture around. Then I will be cleaning up and putting things away where they belong. Dining room table is going into den for now. So that will become my new eat in kitchen/dining room. Living room is going to be a hard one to figure out placement of furniture.  One wall and across from that is the 12 ft. picture window. No other walls. But I will get it figured out. Dining room will be only partly done as the China hutch will still be in there. But I think I can work around it for the time being.  But don't think I will be able to get the other rug down in there till the hutch is gone. 

At least it will all be done so I can be sure this plan will fall into place. Not going to buy new furniture till after the election is over. Don't know what is going to happen. They say civil unrest could happen and other things as well. So, I can wait it out till then. 

• Like 2

Son got unhooked from chemo for the next two weeks and surprised me by bringing over his trailer and helping me load up.  

I would have never allowed it but he called me from up the street. Too late for me to protest. He knew good and well what he was doing.

It was a huge help though. I was able to take a lot of stuff that I was planning on leaving behind. Especially my porch furniture. It's cheap stuff but pretty. And a new vacuum cleaner and some food. He also got the twin bed disassembled and put in the garage for the other people to deal with. They can put it on the curb Friday. I just have to get the top mattress out there tomorrow. That has been my bed this week. And only furniture. 

Today I'm loading the rest of the stuff up. I'm still going to have a Jeep full again. I don't know where all of this stuff is coming from. Sheesh. 

I still have a few things to do. I got all of the banking done over here but forgot to order new checks with my Indy address and I would like to get my hair cut over here. I still have until 5:00 tomorrow. 

Indiana bank sent me a form to e-sign but never sent the code. I hate that bank. I'm still going to have a lot to do over there. The best thing will be to fire my insurance agent here and transfer my Jeep over there. Hope I can find the title. And get my S.S. and health insurances up to date. Realtor said to not cancel house insurance until it's officially sold. 

I got the gas and electricity out of my name. Sewer and water won't do it until all the paper work is filed. I got the lawn care and snow removal notified. It's amazing all of the things that need to be done. Some things will have to wait until I get over there.  Thank goodness for lists. I'm really glad I already have a house over there. I can't imagine dealing with two properties at the same time. I'm too old to be a mogul. 

Note to all, make a list for yourself or loved ones when the time comes, of all the things that need changed or canceled. Fortunately, I have all of my utilities account numbers and phone numbers for when I pay my monthly bills. Those would have been a major hold up. I did all of that a long time ago but it's in a computer that I can't access. Print it out. I think I remembered everything and made a new list to check off. Even so, I forgot about ordering new checks. I can't believe all the places that need a new address or notified. I ended up with 22 places to either call or stop in. That doesn't include Meijers. I forgot them. I've done this in only 2 days because I wasn't sure when the house was selling so I had to wait until the last minute. Y'all know my luck. Get everything changed over and then the house deal falls through. :rolleyes:

I don't want to ever move again. 

• Like 6

Littlesister glad you are getting help with the furniture! I have wall issues too. I have an open floor plan so I'm missing some walls. Not the easiest for furniture placement and picture hanging. :sEm_blush:

• Like 2

Yes, I am sure Miki is having a great time as well as Mt. Rider.  Pups are going to be all over Miki when she gets home.  As for Mt. Rider, her DH may be getting a new kitty. :24:

My new den is clean and everything in its place. And another huge load going out to Goodwill.  The dining room that was my den is working out great. Just need to find my tablecloth for the table with both leaves in it.  That table was way too big for the actual dining room. Only was able to use the leaves at Thanksgiving and Christmas and then had to take them out slide them into the cloth protectors and store them in a closet. Don't have to do that anymore. The leaves are in it and that table is perfect size for the old den.  Got the floor mopped and the chairs around the table now.  So will be working on the new sewing/craft room which was the dining room on Saturday. Tomorrow neighbor and I are going furniture shopping. She is looking for a new couch. I am looking also but going to wait till either after the first of the year or maybe see what happens for black Friday. Looking for both a farm table and a sectional sofa and end tables. Not sure about a coffee table yet. 

Today is DGGD's 1st birthday.  The party is on Saturday. Told DD to bring the craft table and to take the baby swing back with her. I need to get the gifts wrapped. Will try to get that done tomorrow as on Friday I am going to DGD's house to keep the baby. I am not fully child proof yet but getting there. Changing out that furniture opened up a lot of possibilities. I had bought a bookcase like what Jeepers has with the doors that slide open to the top with the glass doors. I took all my DVD's and CDs and put them in that bookcase. They were on those wire CD holders and always getting so dusty. I was so tired of dusting them all the time. So that worked out perfect.  Making things so much easier for me is working out great. Just have to clean up the built in bookcase in the new dining room. That houses my cookbooks and some nautical Knick knacks that I am keeping. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Wow Littlesister, you are doing great. Your house is really coming along! I love those bookcases too. I think they are called a Barrister Bookcase. Whatever, I like the looks of them. I need a couple of pieces of furniture yet too. Nothing expensive though. Just a glider rocker and a TV stand. And a mattress for grandsons bed. I'll work inside this winter and outside next summer. I need all the trim on the house painted but I think it's too late in the season now. 

I talked to son and after closing, I'm going to go to PA for a few days. It will be one last time while I'm on this side of the state. I'll go to Lancaster and Mifflin Counties. It's too far to drive there from Indiana in one day, so I'm going to go get it out of my system. Then I can start on the Indiana house. It looks like a bomb went off in it. But at least I'll be fixing it up for me and not someone else. Lots to do, but no rush and no deadlines. And no mouse poop to sift through. 

• Like 6

Today is the day. Finally. The house is SOLD. I never thought it would happen. Two long years. And I made a tidy profit! That will pay the Indy mortgage way down and get another vehicle (I don't buy new) and do all of the repairs on the house I want to do. That will probably take me another 2 years, mostly because winter is close and it's too late to do some of the outside work, but that's okay. There is still plenty of cleaning, sorting and organizing inside. And at my pace. 

So, after a few odds and ends I need to tie up here, I'm off to PA for a week. Will check back in when I get HOME. 

• Like 10

@Jeepers. CONGRATULATIONS. Enjoy your PA vacation but please stay SAFE!  Please do let us know when you get HOME! :cele:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Since we've walked all those days, weeks, months, with you, Jeepers........we're all  ......

:bounce:  :cloud9:  :hapydancsmil:  :woohoo:  :amen:  

From the kinda sick for Christmas in Indy, snowdrift - in ditch due to angel help, home TO AN UNBELIEVABLE SHOCKING MESS....then hospital and ...and live at hotel and renew every month (getting locked out due to dratted Insurance company being nasty).....and....and .... But TODAY.........

:balloons:   CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :balloons:

MtRider  ...and AMEN!  :hug3: 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Jeepers, I hope you are having a great time in PA.  It is definitely a well-deserved vacation. 

This morning, I have been just picking up and putting things where they belong. Can't get into a lot right now as I will be leaving to head to DGD's house to babysit for a bit. Got chicken in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. I am finding myself using that more and more these days. So much easier to put dinner in that and let it cook all day. Then have it ready since by dinner time I am just too tired to cook a healthy meal. I needed to stop the snacking instead of eating properly when I am real busy working on the house. 

Need to finish up with the kitchen cabinets and clean up in there. Cabinets are getting so organized now. I can almost find things now. There is a place for everything.  And this new set up is going to work out great. Just takes some getting used to after using the den for a den and the living room and dining room never getting used for anything. So far, the ones that have seen it are loving it, and one is thinking about making changes in her house. Her house is set up differently than mine so not sure how what she wants to do will work out for her, but I will help her with any questions she has.  I want to get to know a lot more neighbors that have moved in within the past 5 to 10 years but they just don't want to be bothered with any of the neighbors that have been here for years. I just hope that will change if anything happens in this country. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Plan is for me to RIDE tomorrow!  :)  Gotta get up early tho.  Not real early - 8:30.  Legs really want a RIDE. 

Prayer appreciated for the ride cuz the temp is in the 90's.  May have to wear all my cooling stuff, including the outer shirt, tie around neck and wrists.  Hope it's enough cuz it's also humid here. 

MtRider  :knary: 

• Like 5

Mt. Rider, prayers going your way for a good ride and that you don't get overheated. 

DD came in last night. I thought they were coming in today. Haven't heard from her yet this morning. but I am sure I will be in a couple of hours. The party isn't until 5pm. I might be going to DGD's house early, but I really don't want to get caught up in the construction again. It takes me normally 15 minutes to get to GD's house. With construction anywhere from one to two hours depending on how backed up the traffic is. We are going to have to put up with this mess for the next couple of years if not more. They are turning Bridge Rd. into a 6-lane highway. 

Worked on house till late last night. Got some boxes emptied and moved my small hutch into the new dining room. That worked out great.  Now that I am getting the front part of the house in order, I can see how this was the right decision to make the changes with these three rooms. I am actually starting to enjoy my house again. But in a smaller footprint than before now that I can use all the rooms.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1