MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

1 hour ago, out_of_the_ordinary said:

Does anyone know how Annarchy is doing?  :pray:

Several of us are concerned about her too.  She has been missing or some time.   🙏

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

I'm so thankful to come back here and see that your house sold and for a decent price @Jeepers!  Best news I could have gotten.

HI all! Got home Wednesday and did chores until sleep time. Thursday, went to Walmart, Aldi, etc and did laundry. Came home with 3 fever blisters and a slight cough. I'm guessing the L-lysine kept me from really getting sick! I had a great visit as the great grandkids are older and can communicate better. We ran the whole time I was there with very little sleep. Came home and slept over 10 hours Wednesday night and 9 hours Thursday night!

Walked Friday morning and worked at cafe for 3 hours. Don't have plans for much else.

So glad to be home!!! And I lost 4 pounds on vacation and 1 more since getting home. We ate out every day, but I didn't eat too much apparently! 3.8 pounds from final goal/ 102 pounds down now!

Already walked this morning.
Walked dogs.
Picked up parking lot at Church. There was a parade while I was gone, so it was rough.
Going to make deviled eggs.
Do Ebay books and bank stuff.
Then rest!

I got the VA and DH's doctor started on setting up his IV antibiotics when I was in town on Thursday. He will have to get a mid line put in this week. He didn't stay well as long this time, only 4 months instead of 6-8 months. Not sure if it was the antibiotic or he is running down. Hopefully the meds! Here we go again.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Miki, keeping your DH in prayer that all goes well. And glad you made it home safely. 

Anarchy has been missing in action for a bit. Prayers she is doing ok and just been busy. 

Been at DGD's house for the baby's first birthday. She was a mess. Lots of new learning toys and clothes. They had a cookout and some other children that came as well. The little ones all played very well together. They are almost a year old also. So, 2 more birthdays soon. 

Just got back home about an hour ago and itching like crazy from mosquito bites. I need to pull out my no bite me cream for itching. It does stop the itch.  Think I am going to sit down and relax a while. Been playing with 3 babies all afternoon. But I had a blast. They were all so cute and my GD loves to hug the other two children. She is a very lovable child. And now learning a few words. DGD is having some issues with cramping and her DH had to take her to hospital last night. Seems she may have a bladder infection, but the baby is ok. They will let her know on either Monday or Tuesday when the culture comes back. She has been looking a bit tired still and I told her she best be calling me if she needs any help. So, she said she would. I am only 15 minutes away so very easy for me to run to her house if need be. 

• Like 6

Glad you're home safe, Miki.  I'm still in MO.

:pray:   Littlesister's DGD  Party time and she may have pushed just a wee bit too much? 

I had a great horse ride today.  K also rode just a bit.  It was a very hot day but we had a huge indoor arena that they'd wet down so not much dust.  My legs did their usual - come in with cane and wobble; leave with a sturdy step. :amen:  And a very red face cuz it was hot even within the arena.  Wore some wet hydrophilic Chilly Towels around my neck and wrists.  Kept me just under the serious overheating.  Got in car with great A/C and cooled down on the ride back.  Shower/wash hair...cooled further.  So glad to get my feet back within my control -  a lot better.  

Before the ride, k and I went to a few thrift stores.  My large suitcase is so old, it's breaking down the plastic sides.  Nylon is scuffed and getting holes soon.  I sort of happened upon the luggage section and spotted two modern rolling suitcases for $4 and $5....  YAY-ESSSS.  Bought them.  Dumped the large broken suitcase in favor of those.  The second much smaller suitcase from the original set, will collapse and fit inside one of the new ones.  I've been afraid of spotting my suitcase on those revolving things at the airport when you collect yours....and viewing my undies spilled out.  :behindsofa:  Actually, the airport long ago on Maui damaged one of my suitcase and that did happen.  Not sure what exactly was spilling out but .....   :rolleyes:  It wasn't old that time.

I'm up very late now.  Church tomorrow....walking just across the street.  But...I do have to get up so....

MtRider  :offtobed:  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think if I remember correctly my GD did too much when she was pregnant with the first baby. They were also in the process of moving at that time. This time she is already in a house that they had bought. But she still works part time at the YMCA in the nursery which means picking up babies a lot as well as taken care of her child. Plus, cleaning house, etc. So, she may very well be overdoing it. She sees her doctor on the 23ed also, and he will be checking her out as well. She hopefully will be finding out if it is a girl or boy. I am thinking boy but sort of leaning to another girl. But time will tell. Hopefully she will call me when she needs help with house cleaning and the baby. It will slow me down on getting my house back together but then I am getting used to all the disruptions around here. 

No church today as DD and SIL are supposed to be coming by here to pick up the baby swing. If they don't get it this time it is gone as it is in my way and now sitting in the kitchen. It is big and bulky, and I will be trying to drag it out to garage if they don't show up. Don't think DD wasn't to excited to have her DS back at home again. So far, he is still doing ok, but time will tell. DD and SIL came into DGD's house on Friday after work and left DGS home by himself for the weekend as she said he had to work. Don't think he would have come down for his niece's birthday anyway.  Haven't heard from DD yet this morning but I think she is finishing up one cleaning up from party that we didn't get done last night before I came home. So still waiting to see when she will be heading out this way. At least there isn't any construction to hold anyone up this weekend. 

Now that the party is over, I really need to start thinking about Christmas. I have no idea what I will buy anyone for Christmas this year.  Gift cards and money is so much easier than going out to buy gifts. Except for the baby.  DGD has an Amazon list under the baby's name for everyone to choose from. That made buying birthday gifts so much easier. 

Need to finish up on the new dining room and clean up the kitchen. I have stuff all over the counter from moving things around and cleaning out kitchen cabinets. Need to get the furnace lit also. It's getting to be that time of year. 

• Like 3

Working on getting all my ducks in a row.  I couldn't get the stupid furnace to light for me and I know I am doing something wrong. So, a friend will be out on Wed. to light it. Then I called about a new prescription plan. So that will be delt with on Friday. We are going to talk about new secondary insurance plans also though I am not at the end of my $50,000 cap yet. At least I will know what is out there by the time it is needed. 

Getting things put away and then going to sit down and read for a while. I am finally getting to where I can sit down and read in the late afternoons again or just watch a movie. The living room is totally done and clean. Still just putting some things away in kitchen and working on the new sewing room/ craft room. Though DD didn't bring the craft table down so when I start working in the office. I will just box up all the sewing and craft things and put that in a corner of old dining room for the time being. I need to clean the floor and then put the rug down first. Then I can just relax for a few days and maybe go on a short trip somewhere. Not sure where yet though. 

• Like 5

Up and walked early.
Lady who helps keep the house in shape is here- every other month- and I clean in between.
Made some phone calls.
Did 2 loads of laundry.
Will cook a couple of boneless ribs in the air fryer.
Find something to make with refrigerated biscuits dough that has been hanging around.

Waiting for the VA to contact us about DH getting a midline.

• Like 4

Glad you are home too Miki and prayers for your dear husband!  🙏💙🙏

Glad you had a good time at the birthday party Littlesister. DIL set up an Amazon wish list for GS too and it really helps with the gift buying. He is old enough now to make his own suggestions which is....interesting.  LOL

I got home late last night and DIL had put up a big banner in the house saying WELCOME HOME and a candle that said Home Sweet Home and GS decorated a couple of pumpkins for me. It was all so sweet and unexpected. :yar:

I had a great time over there, once I finally got there. That 4.5 hour trip took me 8 hours. Google drive took me on the scenic route, to say the least! And it stopped talking to me so I was left trying to figure it out. The next day I tried it out and it worked perfectly. :shrug:

I took a side trip to Lancaster County. Thankfully the Google drive worked because I was in some pretty heavy traffic around Harrisburg and the international airport. I was griping the wheel so hard and my hands were soaking wet. Luckily I carry deodorant in the car because I was a real sweat bucket when I finally landed. 

I don't know how the Amish stand to live in Lancaster County. The traffic in the little towns of Bird-In-Hand and Intercourse are bumper to bumper. It really is bad. Not only cars but semi's too. I only stayed about two hours. There were 3 places that I really wanted to go to and I got that done quickly. Except for one place, the place I made the trip for. I was so looking forward to the veggie beef soup at the Bird-In-Hand restaurant. It's heavenly. I got there and the place is closed down for reconstruction. Major disappointment. So I went back to my little hotel in the mountains of Mifflin County. Hotel was just okay and in a great location but way too expensive. Over $500 for 3 nights and I got there too late the first night to do anything. Thanks Google map. I'll probably never be back though so whatever. 

So, only 3 days but I've been there plenty of other times so I knew my way around. I took some pictures but mostly videos. I'll post a couple pictures later. Mostly buggies. I'll see if I can figure out videos. 

I am so glad to finally have a HOME of my own. The real work on it will begin soon. Too late in the year to do anything on the outside but there is loads to do inside. I have two floors and a garage worth of stuff from the other house crammed into this much smaller house that needs to be gone through and organized. But I'm under no deadline and what I have is clean. 

BTW, I had a link of the Stones (Mick) singing "I'm Free To Do What I Want Any Old Time" but of course I couldn't get it to load. BUT...

I'm free to do what I want, any old time.  :hapydancsmil:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

I really want to thank ALL of you for holding my hand and lending a shoulder the past 2 years of my house disaster woes. You ladies really got me through some very difficult times. I think I hit every emotion possible. Tears, disbelief, worry, fear, anger, confusion, laughter, and finally joy. You ladies were there for me every step of the way. Seriously, I don't know what I would have done without you all! I love and appreciate you all!

From the top of my head to the soles of my feet...Thank You and God Bless you!

• Like 8

Here I am.

I’ve been busy.  Customers are constantly coming.  Scared about the election.

MIL, is a challenge.  She needs help.  DH refuses to let me go more often than I do.

TX Health and Human Services, require, no more than $1,200/mo. Income, and less than $1,200 in any bank account.  Medicare is the same.  If you own your home, they will do a “reverse mortgage”, and after she passes, if the beneficiary doesn’t pay everything back, they take the house & property.

I have been on the phone to every single provider, also trying to rid myself of a scammer….she told me her life story….she is having trouble with her wife and wants to live with MIL… nuf said. 

So, other than dealing with everything else, I haven’t been on the net much, except to try to find a care giver….

Sorry…she is my priority……

• Sad 9

Glad to know you're ok Annarchy but I understand how consuming finding a caregiver can be/dealing with elder care. 

Miki hope the process of getting that line if for your husband goes smoothly

Jeepers we are all so relieved for you that you are HOME  :hug3::hapydancsmil:

Littlesister I'm glad you're feeling your space start to come together :cloud9:

I managed to get some sewing done on a baby quilt I'm making for my niece. She is turning 1 in Dec, and I am making a lap/toddler sized quilt. I am loving the fabrichttps://www.missouriquiltco.com/products/chelsea-garden-jelly-roll?variant=40364661375011

I am using a cream and sewing one cream strip and one floral strip together, those will get cut in sections and then put together to make a 4 piece block on point that will be assembled to make a simple pattern that I think will set off the fabric nicely. In any case I was proud of myself for sitting down tonight and getting started. 

Otherwise Ben's healing well from his surgery and life is settling back down into a nice rhythm again.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Oh my...:hug3:

Please never apologize for putting your family first! You have your priorities straight. I'm glad you are onto the scammer! But you are a smart cookie so that's no surprise. It's still taxing I'm sure. Sigh. However, we all do miss you a lot. A LOT. 

It's a shame how the government wants to bankrupt a person and then take over their property to give them the help they need and deserve. I'm mostly talking about the elderly. Could her assets be placed in either you or your DH name? Or are they on to that? Makes me angry just thinking about it. 

Having a lot of customers is tiring I'm sure but on the other hand, a good thing for business! 

Take care of each other out there in the desert and try to check in when you can! You are very much missed! 

• Like 6

@Becca_Anne I'm loving that fabric! I have a few jelly rolls but not that one. I really like them because I'm very color handicapped. I can seem to get 2 or maybe sometimes 3 colors to go together but that's it. I need for someone else to pre-match the colors. :sEm_blush:

BTW, I watch a lot of their video tutorials. 

Be sure to show us the finished quilt!  

• Like 3

@Annarchy. What Jeepers said.  Always put your family first and yourself.  Please take care of you too.  🫂

I have to say your nervous customers mimic the general feeling about this election.  

• Like 6

Annarchy, glad you are doing ok. And yes, what Jeepers said. Family is always first. 

Jeepers, glad you are back home and now in your real home in Indy for good. 

Miki, glad you are back home and keeping your DH in prayer that all will go smoothly for him. 

I took it easy late this afternoon. Watched a couple of movies. Figure right now I have a lot taken care of around here and I am to the point I can now do things at my own time and not be trying to get it done in a rush. But winter is going to be around the corner and now that the days are getting a bit cooler, I am going to start work on the yard. Need that to be ready for the spring garden. I am looking for a landscaper to help with the setup of the raised beds. Other than that, I think I will have it all under control. I am getting ready to start getting some estimates for that soon. 

• Like 5

(((Annarchy)))   Yeah, what Jeepers said.  Thank you for taking the time to ease our concern tho.. Prayer for your Elder Issue ...most of us know what that's like!  :sigh:

I'm getting to bed cuz I'm flying early tomorrow.  Nearly packed - just the last minute stuff.  Have had a great visit.  Gotta call DH

MtRider  :pray: 

• Like 5

Mt. Rider, praying for a safe trip home. Glad you had such a great time. I am wanting to take a trip myself, but it might have to wait a bit. To many things going on right now and DD is going to be having another colonoscopy to remove that second polyp that the first doctor said he had to remove 5 ft of colon and some lymph nodes. She got a second opinion and what the first doctor said was a lie. It could have been removed right then and it was pre cancer and not cancer nor had it spread too anywhere. So, the second doctor is taken it out. There was no need for removing any of the colon or take out any lymph nodes. I hate doctors that want to do needless surgery just to make more money. To many of those around. When in doubt, always get that second opinion and a third if need be. 

Back working in the pantry today. Or not really working in it but moved some canned beans and canned pumpkin to the pantry that I need to put on the shelve. For me it is easier to go to the pantry to get what I need and only have enough in the kitchen for a few days of what I use a lot of. The house is finally coming along.  I think around February I will put the second play pen up for the new baby for when I am babysitting. Plus, I kept some of the clothes here for newborn and the one-year-old. Mom keeps forgetting to bring an extra set of clothes a lot. Things happen and babies need to be changed in more than just a diaper. 

Been tired the past few days but still going at it. Just at a slower pace and taken more breaks. I know it's my thyroid, but the appointment isn't until November. Synthroid needs to be adjusted. It was never done right when I was taken that injection for diabetes, and it messed up my thyroid levels. Now I am having to work on getting it back to normal.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I'm very glad that your DD got a second opinion @Littlesister.  I too, hate docs that are just in it for the money.  Seems like a majority of them, though.

I'm sure your family look forward to you getting home @Mt_Rider.  Me too!

Already walked and walked dogs.
Taking DH to a pre-scheduled doc appt. this afternoon and then to Aldi.
Taking my friend to local clinic at 3:15 as she fell outside with her dog last night. Her foot and ankle are swollen.
Maybe make some jalapeno garbage bread.
Water roses this evening as we are still in a dry spell.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So glad your DD got a second opinion! I thought it was standard procedure to remove a polyp during a colonoscopy. Pffft. I'm not a big fan of doctors either.

Safe travels Mt. Rider. I'm sure the DH and the DP (dear pup) have missed you bunches! 

I got a couple of pressing errands done today. I wanted to do it yesterday but it was Columbus Day and I knew some places would be closed. Got the address changed at the bank and got the Jeep insurance changed over to here and canceled the house insurance in Ohio. Not too much more to do concerning addresses etc. I just have to call and get a final statement from the water and sewage and wait for final bills from gas and electric. So much to do in a move that I wasn't thinking about. Thank goodness for lists.

I got internet out here now. I'll just have to figure out how to get a computer set up. DIL and son will come out when I get a TV stand and hook all of that up. She is pretty good with electronics. Compared to me anyone is. I'm going to order a TV stand from Amazon I guess. All the ones around here locally are huge. My house is small. 

Son mentioned a few weeks ago he'd like to have a recliner to sit in so he can lay back without going upstairs in the bedroom. And I still need a glider chair. I just want a little one like for a nursery. Guess we are going furniture shoppkng in the next week or two. The TV stand and glider will complete the furniture except for a spare bedroom. No rush on that. It's full of stuff right now anyway.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jeepers, I know it feels good to be permanently moved to Indy now. No more back and forth trips to Ohio.  Now to just get used to where everything is around you. 

I am still looking for a couch and farmhouse table. I also want a swivel rocker, if I can find what I want.  Need to save up more money for it as I really would rather pay cash than to have another bill. But will see how that goes. I also need to hang on to some cash as well. So very iffy on how I will pay for it. 

Ran up to the Home Goods store for some new frying pans. DGS had pretty much destroyed mine. He dug into them and scratched them up so bad that I just can't use them any longer. So found some new ones to replace those.  I'm wondering if I could use the deeper ones for starting seeds in. It's a thought but not sure if that could work. 

Got the few canned goods on shelf in the pantry so that is done and out of the way. While I was putting the canned pumpkin on the shelve it made me want a pumpkin pie. Need to solve that craving fast. I can wait till Thanksgiving for that. I think. 

Didn't get as much done as I wanted to do but did get quite a bit out of the way. Tomorrow is another day.  I need to go back to making a daily chore list. 

• Like 5

I'm glad that you all are in your appointed homes today, Jeepers and Mt Rider!  It feels great to be home!

Up and on laptop so far.
Will walk.
Go to Courthouse for sample ballot.
Make the bread that didn't get done yesterday.
Wait for phone call for DH to get picc line.
Easy day and much cooler! 68 for a high.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1