MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

Excited for you Littlesister how wonderful to have a craft table. 

MtRider you made me laugh. Not sure any of us are that good at following advice :laughkick:

Jeepers if you figure out the name of the handheld jar sealer let us know because I think I want to get one.

Miki I hope you had a fun lunch with your friend!

Martianchick I hope you don't end up with box elder bugs too. We had an infestation at our house when we live in IA and I just ended up vacuuming them up until they stopped showing up. Every fall though I'd have to do it again. They were nesting in the siding of our house I think. Hope all the bugs go away!

I did a huge job today. Vacuumed the downstairs, then steam mopped the floors to remove the wax, then re-waxed my floors in the LR, Kitchen, hall and Breakfast room. It has been a few years since I did it and on the list for a year. Now we're all stuck upstairs while it dries and I'll go down to buff it before I go to bed tonight. I am so happy to have pushed myself to get that done this weekend. I also cleaned upstairs one drawer, found 4 pairs of pants to donate that I never wear, and cleaned under my bathroom sink and set another mouse trap in there because the mouse ate my sponge :yuk: Not sure why that was tempting but the cats caught two, the trap caught one and I've set traps in each part of the house where I think they might be tempted to go (next to my pantry, under kitchen sink, under my husband's desk and in my son's room where we saw the first mouse). I'm determined to wipe them out before they get a strong foothold. We clean up all the crumbs regularly but my son and husband eat at their desks so that's probably why they are in that area. I'll just up my game and clean daily for the duration up there. While I'm stuck upstairs I'm going to work on my Quilt quild newsletter, and sorting some papers I have up here that need going through. Tomorrow I should go outside and plant my garlic.

• Like 2

Becca Anne my SIL made it a few years ago before they moved to NC for my DD. She used it a lot. But since they have moved, she wanted a bigger one because her DH is also using it for his projects.  So, I got the smaller one, but it is not small. I think they got the pattern off of Pinterest. But it will be perfect for me cutting out patterns and doing my scrapbooking on. I used to use the dining room table for all that and then had to put it all away when company came over and I needed the table for dinners or something.  I have a place for everything now and all very organized. I will be for the first time be able to go right to what I need for what I am working on. Once I get all the sewing things put away, I will start on the craft things. Going through that closet in the foyer will be a bear and much harder to organize. 

• Like 1