MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Watcha doing today?

Ambergris, sorry to hear about that hen having such trouble but it was for the best if the chicken was suffering because of that issue. 

I have really been into the downsizing for the past few months now. Where it all comes from is beyond me. But it is way too much and overwhelming to say the least. I just finished going through all of the Christmas stuff that DH and I have accumulated over many years. I kept the things I will use for decorating for Christmas and then kept a few sentimental items and the rest just got dropped off at Goodwill. I am beat. Loaded the trunk, back seat and floorboard plus the passenger seat in front. Filled up one and a half of their bins. The big Christmas tree GS put out on street as it was starting to fall apart anyway. Someone picked it up so hopefully they will get a couple of years use out of it. That tree was old. And had not been used in 5 years. DD and GD took what they wanted but still have a few items for them to pick up. DD had her car loaded and couldn't get a box into her car. But will pick that up in 2 weeks. Yep, I knew she would take all of the Nutcrackers. She's hooked on them. 

There is still a long way to go in downsizing but half of it is gone. Now with Thanksgiving and Christmas on top of me. I might have to wait till after the New Year to finish up depending on weather.

GD called and is coming over around noon tomorrow. She needs to go to Pet Smart and needs me to keep the GGB. Yep, I can do that, or we might just go out together and have lunch also. With a 5-week-old I am thinking that will depend on weather and where we go. Or just pick something up to bring back to house to eat. 

• Like 6

Didn’t do much today. Went to pick up DGD(12) to go to lunch today. She said her lunch was at 11:15. I got there and the secretary told me her lunch is at 12:15. <_< I asked her what class she was in— “Art. Do you want to pull her out now?” Noooooo... I don’t want her to miss any classes. Just can’t figure out why she told me 11:15... like, who wants to get out of art?? 🤷‍♀️ (Sneaky girls, yanno!! :008Laughing:) So I ran to a local Amish store and picked up a few things on my list to kill time. Went and got her and we got Mexican 🤤 and :gathering: chatchatchat. We were a little late getting back. Of course, her next class was history! :faint3:Should’ve pulled her out of art a little early. 
Got home, started another batch of pasta sauce, did dishes, *bring home leftovers* for dinner, did a bit of crocheting, and now am playing on my phone. :coffeescreen:

Pic of DGD and her pineapple thangy. She’s such a sweetie! 🥰

:hug3:and :kissy:

Necie

C53ACF58-5C9C-472E-AA46-A74FC41F1E79.jpeg

• Like 5

Oh my Necie. Your grand daughter is absolutely gorgeous! And such beautiful hair!  :wub:

I finally went shopping today. I had planned to go yesterday but couldn't get my act together. I had to go to Wal-Mart and get a new blood pressure machine. I thought mine broke but it turns out my BP really is freakishly high. New med may not be working. I only take half a pill so might need to up it soon. Also the Afrin nose spray for my ears still hasn't come in at the pharmacy. Tomorrow will be 6 days. Fortunately it can be bought OTC so I went ahead and bought it myself. 

I passed by a different Gordon Food Services store and went in. It was a lot better than the one in my area. I finished buying the spices I wanted. They have the frozen green beans (whole) I want so I know where I can get them now. On the other side of my county but just a little piece up from Sam's Club so not bad. 

Then I dared getting on the interstate. There wasn't much traffic so that was good. It's a major highway going across the county and right by the air port. I used to drive it all the time but not for about 10-15 years. It all came back to me. I was going to the mall. I haven't been to a mall in ages. I can't even remember the last time I was there. That area is all built up now and unrecognizable.

I had found a winter jacket online that might work and that mall Penney's said they had them. I chanced it and they did. The mall was nearly empty. Monday afternoon was a good time to go. I knew I should try a coat on before I bought. Can't trust Internet sizes.  I'm not what you'd call a big girl. I could still lose 10-15 pounds but I'm short and stocky. I guess. I couldn't believe I took an XXLG jacket! It was plenty roomy but I only had a tee shirt on. My windbreaker is a large with plenty of room. Sheesh. I could have shopped around at other stores but I figured why bother. I like the jacket well enough and I don't think I'd find anything better. It had all of the basic requirements I was looking for. Just a regular puffer jacket but it felt warm. I almost always buy black jackets. This time I took a walk on the wild side and bought navy. Plus it was 40% off. Sold. I had to ask where to pay. All the way in a back corner. One checkout on the entire floor. I wanted the jacket so I went back there. On my way out of the store at the very front, I spied some sweaters. I need one of those too. Just a basic cardigan. It's just okay but I've been looking for a sweater for a month or two so I figured I'd get it because I wasn't going mall shopping again any time soon. Plus it too was 40% off. Less than $20.00. A large was a tad big but might shrink in the laundry. What was with that XXLG jacket? There was a sales clerk there filling a rack and I asked her if I could pay someplace closer. Nope. I had to walk all the way to the back corner of that store again. By the time I got to the car I was exhausted. They could at least have a checkout at both ends of the store. Guess many older folks don't shop at Penney's anymore. But, I'm glad I finally got the much needed winter jacket so that's done. And a sweater to boot. Boot...need to check those out too. I think I'm good there if I can find them. I haven't been in what I call a high end store for so long. Penney's is high end to me. I was amazed all of the clothing on the racks. Lots of clothes! Guess I'm too used to Wal-Mart clothing area. 

Contractor called and said they are really moving along. Need to install the fridge, install the kitchen sink, paint upstairs, install one little vanity in a bathroom and lay the flooring. I think that is it! Oh and the counter tops. They have been delayed due to supply issues. I wasn't picky about anything except for the budget. What ever has gone in there is better than what was in there before, even before the flood so I'm not complaining about anything. I should be in sometime the first of December.  :cele:

• Like 6

We went to visit DH's brother yesterday. He is in worse shape than DH. It was Dh's first time to drive since he fell. He is still doing well with therapy and getting around.

Today, I will walk first, didn't walk yesterday- raining all day and too lazy to do a video.
Will walk dogs.
Do Laundry.
Make dehydrated sweet potato slices for dogs.
Maybe get to finishing the Christmas cards I keep putting off. Now you know why I start early!

7 hours ago, Jeepers said:

the Afrin nose spray for my ears

?  I think I understand but was picturing something entirely different.  LOL  

7 hours ago, Jeepers said:

I should be in sometime the first of December.  :cele:

Well, that's great news, Jeepers!

10 hours ago, Necie said:

She’s such a sweetie!

She's so pretty!

• Like 5

Necie, your granddaughter is a beautiful girl. I know you are proud of her. 

My grandson is now at an interview. I just pray he gets this job, and this time can keep it till he gets called into the Coast Guard. 

Waiting for DGD to come over. She should be here around noon.  We are going to do a bit of shopping. I was thinking of just keeping the baby while she went because I thought it was going to be cold, but it is warming up nicely. So, we will just go shopping together and the baby will love the stroller ride.  

I need to pick up a gift of some sort for DGS's birthday tomorrow. Might be gift cards to the stores he likes. Such as a gas station and maybe his favorite place chick fil lay and places like that. Clothes will come for Christmas. And I need to make a birthday cake for him. Though I think he would prefer brownies or an ice cream cake. Decisions, decisions.  

I also need to start doing the Christmas cards. Lots of them to get done. So much going on right now I am not sure which way to go. But it will all work out in the end. 

• Like 3

Micki, I'm sorry your BIL isn't doing well. It is nice that your DH can spend some quality time with him though. Very important these days.  And so glad your hubby continues to improve. I thought about the nose spray for ears.  LOL. Ya kinda expect that from me though, huh?!  It's meant to dry up the fluid in my inner ear. :shrug:    The nose bone connected to the, ear bone...  My nose will probably be the next thing going on the fritz now from all of the spray I'm injecting. Everything does smell minty fresh though. 

I need to think about Christmas cards too. I think I have about four to send out. One is to son's and one to G-son included. Better get on it now!  :008Laughing: I cut way back from previous years. I used to do around 30. 

Guess what? Bank inspection is scheduled for Nov. 27th. between 8:00 - 10:00   :cele: 

That will release the rest of the money for the construction company. I'm thinking about $15,000. that they have been holding. I know it will pass because the house is now worth more than $15,000.  :rolleyes:  I only owe 20,000.   Light in the tunnel please don't be a train. 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Jeepers said:

It's meant to dry up the fluid in my inner ear. :shrug:    

Yup. My DS2 was born with a small trachea and small eustachian tubes. The biggest concern was the tubes getting plugged and causing ear infections. Too many ear infections cause overuse of antibiotics, possibly causing hepatitis, and then the need for tubes put into his ears to keep them clear. His pediatrician was very proactive about prevention. As an infant/toddler we used small doses of children’s cold medicine with antihistamine in it. Once he was old enough (3 yrs old or so), we switched to nasal spray. The doctor also showed him how to *blow his ears*... deep breath, pinch nose, close mouth, blow til you feel air come out your tear ducts. Proud to say, he never had an ear infection!! 

FCD95F44-B92A-4C72-8695-EE88BF7583F8.png

Edited by Necie
Forgot to add pic.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

:sSig_thankyou:  Necie

My ENT mentioned eustachian tubes too. It went something like hole healing on its own, if not eustachian tubes and last resort skin graphs on the eardrum. It could take up to 9 months before the hole heals up. Antihistamine is the word I couldn't think of. Trying to keep everything dry in there. When I'm out and about shopping my 'good' ear pops and cracks a lot. Annoying but nice to finally hear something in that ear. She showed me how to blow my ears too. I'm kind of afraid I'll do something to the hole in the eardrum. I'm sort of babying it for awhile. Although they tested for pressure behind that eardrum. There isn't any because of the hole. It's a pretty big one.  I saw a video on how to massage your eustachian tubes by tapping on various areas on the sides of the neck. It's supposed to help with drainage. I don't know if it does anything or not but figure it can't hurt. Sorry your son had ear issues. I never had any until I got them power washed by Nurse Mengele. 

• Like 2

I mentioned about putting a cotton ball in my ear when I shower and she said she wasn't worried about the outer ear getting wet. It's the fluid in the inner ear she is concerned with. I guess they are different? Don't know where that fluid is coming from except maybe when it was blasted with that water sprayer. There is no drainage. She did say to not go swimming though. 

• Like 4

Jeepers, I don't know who that PA or nurse was, but she definitely didn't learn how to clean ear wax from an ear.

My GD that just had the baby was born with ear infections in both ears. Something I had never heard of before. They wanted to put tubes in her ears when she was 3 months old and then decided to wait till, she was 9 months old. Didn't want to knock her out in the ER at such an early age. The euthanasian tubes would not drain, and she kept an ear infection for a long time. She had 3 sets of tubes by the time she was 3 years old and was going to put permeant ones in but then the ears finally cleared up and no more issues. That child was very sick for the first few years of life with one thing after the other and it all started with the ears. I just hope the water drains from your ears and you heal up soon. 

• Sad 4

I'm amazed that I got everything on my list done, yesterday! Rarely happens with a bigger list.

Walked at 6:30 this morning.
Need to pick up friend and go to bigger town for shopping and errands. That was easier than listing 8 places.
DH will have therapy while I'm gone.
I hope you all have a good day!

• Like 4

Working on things that didn't get done yesterday. GS still in car asleep. So right now, I have been having some me time.  He starts his new job tomorrow. He goes in at 3pm but doesn't know when he will get off so back to fixing him a plate of food to heat up if he is home before I go to bed. Otherwise, he waits. till breakfast in the morning. 

Today is his birthday. And what happened yesterday when I went to store to get him a gift card and an ice-cream cake? Yep, the strip and the chip on my debit card has gone bad. It won't even work, and the bank had no record of any transaction taken place. So, I will have a new card in about 3 days. (I hope). Snail mail.  So, going to make brownies for him for now and he will get his cake and gift card in a few days. I could use a charge card but not going to happen. I have those on ice. :happy0203: All paid off and not using them again. 

Might though go to machine and take out cash to just either give him cash or a gift card and buy the ice cream cake. Right now, I am just being lazy and enjoying my me time. 

• Like 3

Wouldn't you know it.  After over 10 or more years of being mouse free. I was in garage folding laundry.  I kept hearing something and there it was by side garage door I have a small mouse.  Yep, the mouse traps are set. Seems to only be one and must have gotten in through where on one side of big garage door is a gap when door is closed at the floor. So will be working on that today.  The mouse was climbing on a box that I have the new blinds in for garage windows. So, hoping to catch it soon. It must have gotten in last night or early this morning. It got down to about 36* last night so must have been looking for warmer place to nest. Not in my garage it won't. Nor in house.  

I have 20lbs of wheat in bedroom, I will be putting up in mylar and bucket today. Put if off to long. Don't want to have mice get into that. And since I also have some rice, I need to put in bucket I will also get that done as well. So, garage is on hold for today. 

This is not how I intended for my day to go. But I am not having a mouse issue again. I think it's time to get another cat. (Mouser cat).

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Don't feel good today.  Not anything identifiable as bad, except tender tummy, just not good.  Cancelled shopping trip and exercise class and stayed home to watch the rain.

It's raining.  This is good.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Long couple of weeks….  Took some time off the net.  Really needed to.  

Canned 8 pints of pumpkin, from a pumpkin Twilight gave me, had 3 dinners of baked pumpkin for dinner.  One jar broke in the canner, disappointed it was a Kerr instead of a generic jar.  Still…. Nice to have extra.    

Preparing the garden for its sabbath, next year.  All mulch goes in it.  Dugup a few splices of spices… garden thyme & English thyme, and Italian oregano, for pots inside the house.   Made a batch of potting soil using mulch, for every pot.  Repotted a few house plant he likes, need to do the other.  Non-edible, but he likes them….  Italian oregano had some aphids on it so I had to trim that…don’t need them reproducing in the house during the next year.  God willing one of the 10 seeds of Carolina hot chili peppers will sprout.. He got a pkg of 10 seeds from our neighbor.  The cayenne pepper plants are producing, I’m picking & drying them to encourage new growth.

Business, has been constant, just transfers… $15 with a concealed carry permit or $20 otherwise.  We gotta call it in, and hope TPTB, allow them to own whatever they bought.  We make about $20 a week..🙄. WhoopDeeDoo.  He spends it as soon as he gets it..  it’s a guy thing…. I guess.

Preparing to go to TX, next week.  Deee-Oohhhh-geee-zzeees…& DH…. Thanksgiving you know.  Plus I need to set up her Christmas decorations….  Tis a tradition….for 20+ years…since FIL passed. Sigh. 

This year, it’s going to be, smoked ham, ( unsliced was $3.00/lb. Cheaper than sliced.) I’ll smoke it, slice some steaks, and vacuum seal them.  The rest will be sliced, vacuum sealed and frozen, for future meals/sandwiches or salads.  Plus, home made, scratch, mashed potatoes, she loves them but gets the pre-made with additives and preservatives.  Nope.  I want something I know what’s in it.  

Sorry I took so much time off the net, forgive me….  
Wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes in divers places, the disregard for humanity….etc.   he recommended I ‘take a break’ and focus on what is important for us.  

So here I am…. It’ll take me a while to catch up, I’m sure…. But….. I need to continue to prep for our trip to TX…. Ugh…the dogs need a bath and brushing, the car has to be washed…on, and, on, and on…….

• Like 7

Ambergris, hope you are feeling better soon. 

Annarchy, have a safe trip and a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. 

Didn't get as much done as I would have liked. But GS's birthday today. Got him a cheesecake. He doesn't seem to care for cake anymore. Went to bank and just gave him cash for his birthday. Since I am not using a charge card to buy anything now. 

They have turkeys on sale for 29 cents at Food Lion. Limit of one. Or so it said. On the way into the store, I saw a lady coming out with 2 of them. So, she must have pulled my tricks. I didn't buy one as I don't have any freezer room. But was so tempting.  I would have had to thaw it out and then can it tomorrow. I will let that pass. Already canned 4 of them early on this year. 

Haven't caught that mouse yet. But working on it. got the wheat berries in mylar bag and in the 5 gal. bucket. So should be ok now. Also, the rice I had is now in mylar and in bucket. So now safe from mice. Figure it might take a day or two to catch that little mouse. Hope it is only the one. 

Need to order more buckets and mylar bags. I had less mylar bags than I thought. Plus need to buy more 02 absorbers. I'm a bit low on those as well. 

• Like 4

Still just working on the pasta sauce. It’s about done. Am putting it in the garage fridge in the morning and will probably can it Friday. Won’t start the next batch until after Thanksgiving. Might be even later than that as DS2 got a deer tonight. So gotta figure out what to do with that and when. 
Picking up DS1 tomorrow and going to the farm to finish raking leaves. It’s supposed to be a bit windy, so will probably just rake to the fence line and not burn. We usually stay over, but there’s not much left to do, so it will just be a day trip.

:hug3:and:kissy:

Necie

• Like 3

Hope you catch the little demon rodent Littlesister. I can't stand the filthy things. After I bought the Indy house, and went back after a month, I saw where they had been in my kitchen. Ugh! I cleaned everything up really well and set traps all around. To this day I never caught a single one and haven't seen any traces of them yet. I'm thinking they got in while I propped the door open while moving stuff in. Winter is coming on and I'm surrounded by farm fields over there so I really need to be vigilant. Every time I go over I set out fresh traps. I also went around and put steel wool and Great Stuff around every pipe that comes up into the house. I had some pretty big holes under the sinks! 

Ambergris, I hope you feel better real soon!

Annarchy, glad you are refreshed from time away from the internet. We all need to disconnect from time to time. Or at least I know I do too. :hug3: But for selfish reasons (I miss you) I'm very glad you are back! Have safe travels on your Texas trip. Glad the pooches and DH will be with you.   

Oh and... ahem... Annarchy, 'someone' moved a canning thread over into the Urban farming forum by mistake and can't figure out how to move it back into it's proper place. 'She' is feeling very bad about that. Asking for a friend.  Just saying...  :sEm_blush:    Yeah, it was me. 

• Like 4

I took a trip down south today. Amish country. I wanted to go to an Amish bookstore down there to replace some Amish religious books I either lost or they got damaged. Very nice place but totally Amish. No amities like electricity etc. The owner died this year and I'm thinking they are shutting down because the sign is no longer in their front yard. The only way I knew it was there was because I had been there before and remembered the driveway and mailboxes. In fact, I drove right by it twice. Last drive by I just went in and asked. Little old Amish lady was so sweet. She was sewing something by hand. Quilt patches? She even gave me the Rabers Almanac free. That was one of the things that I specifically went there for. No credit cards so I was glad I took some cash. I had that feeling before I left home though. She also gave me a really nice cloth tote bag for the books. When I left she said, "I hope you have a blessed day." I did! That was really nice too.  Raber's Bookstore.

Since I was driving right by the quilt shop... So I stopped in. I got one bundle of fat quarters that I had been eyeing for a long time and got out of there. The Mennonite ladies in there are very helpful and pleasant. But too dangerous for me to look around. They have loads of really nice fabric in there.  Millers Dry Goods. 

On the way back to town I passed by The Helping Hands quilt shop but didn't go in. Whew, that was a close one!

I had to do a lot of driving because everyplace I went to down there was on opposite ends of the town and some pretty deep in the country. Next I went to the Bulk food store. I got a bunch of clear jel for canning fruit pie filling. Not sure how much right now because it's still out in the Jeep but six big cellophane bags full. I need to get a better container for it. On the way home I had a little panic going on. Was I supposed to get Clear Jel or Sure Jel? Yikes. Fortunately I guessed right. I also picked up some food there for supper. Namely their homemade chicken and noodles and their stuffing. Nice change from the frozen dinners and fast food I've been living on. They offered Ice for my cold food. They did that once before. I didn't need any. Another very friendly place to shop.  Walnut Creek Cheese. 

Swung past the Amish health food store. I was looking to replace my colloidal silver. Mine was over 30 years old and who knows where it is now. I found a nice size bottle of that and some union salve. I also picked up a very important container of Amish B&W Salve for burns. I've read a lot about it and it is supposed to do wonders for severe burns. That store is like stepping back in time. It's very popular with the Amish and there were a lot of them in there. I loved seeing the women in their big black bonnets and black shawls doing their shopping. That in and of itself is salve to my heart. As I left, cashier said, "Have a blessed day." Shopping down there is different  Sigh.  Mt. Hope Country Health Store.

Finally back up to Lehman's. I was starting to feel a little bit 'off' so I didn't spend a lot of time in there. I'm pretty sure it was from not eating. I got the lamp oil I was looking for. They had 6 bottles and I got them. Not real sure what I'll do with 6 gallons of lamp oil but there ya have it. It's called Klean and is supposed to burn a lot cleaner with less odor. No kerosene. I have plenty of lamps and extra wicks so I'm pretty good in that area now. I could use a few more candles I suppose. Need to see what I can dig up. I found a weighted gauge for the canner. That will be a major help when I start back up canning again. I wanted another gasket but they had so many that I didn't know the size. I need to write that down. Seriously, if you ever need a part for your canner, Lehman's has everything. From handles right down to little screws. I saw the biggest All American canner there. I didn't even know they made that size. Huge. I had read online where they had corn and wheat but I didn't see it and wasn't feeling like asking for it. I was getting too tired. They have a big eraser board in there where you can sign where you are from. I participated. I asked for and got a 15% senior discount. That helped because they are so expensive in there. You have to ask for it though. Wednesday's only. They also offer a military discount.  

I headed back to the real world. I think I'm boycotting Barns and Noble but I can't remember why. So I stopped in. DIL has shown an interest in some magazines I used to have so I wanted to pick up a few new ones for us to look through. I enjoy them too. I do that every 3-4 years just to have around. Bathroom. They didn't have a single one that I wanted any more. I can't remember all of the names but Grit, Mother Earth and homesteading type magazines. Nothing. Anyone know where to buy single magazines these days other than B&N? I did see one older Rolling Stone magazine that featured Keith Richards on the cover so I didn't leave empty handed. The guy asked me if I wanted a bag. I told him no that I wanted to look at Keef all the way home. He laughed out loud. :D  But no one there told me to have a blessed day. 

I'm really going to miss Ohio's Amish county.  :sigh:

• Like 3

I'm so tired from the shopping yesterday! A good part of it is my friend (or how I react to her). She has the beginnings of some type of memory disease. Repeats herself a lot and repeats the same thing every time we pass certain places. Her daughter is on vacation this week and doesn't live near her. After Thanksgiving, I will call and chat with her about it. Beforehand, I will ask my friend if she has had a memory test. Then daughter.

Handyman is coming to paint kitchen/ dining room today.
Then I will walk.
Walk dogs.
DH has therapy as they never showed up, yesterday.
Have a few odd chores today.
Bible study tonight.

12 hours ago, Annarchy said:

Took some time off the net.  Really needed to

I'm so glad that you are back!  Have missed you!

That's a lot of shopping @Jeepers  You reminded me to order a new gasket for my Presto.  Most (some) places down here say "have a blessed day".  It's nice to hear!

• Like 4

Jeepers, you have been so lucky to have those Amish stores and Lemans near you. I don't have anything like that around here. I have to order online for Leman's, but it is not the same as being in that store. I have ordered that lamp oil online with no issues. May be ordering some more in the near future. Need to check on what I already have. 

That mouse must have been to light to trip the mouse trap. But he sure ate the peanut butter. No signs of a mouse anywhere and no sign of the mouse. Hoping he went back outside. But still will be resetting the trap and putting out more of them. 

Going to work on shed today. And bring the rest of what Christmas things I am keeping into the house to finish going through. Mostly table clothes and things. I will let some of that go as well. I have a lot of empty plastic totes now and not sure rather I should keep all of them or let those go.

GS just got called into his new job at Food Lion to come in at 1 pm instead of 3pm.  He just woke up and came into house to get a cup of coffee.  He is not awake yet. So, I will have all afternoon to get things done with no interruptions. I will just save the heavy work for GS. And maybe chase a mouse if it's still out there in garage. 

Got my grain properly stored now so no issues with mouse there if it gets into the house. 

I need to get more steel wool also. Where the construction on house was, they removed my steel wool from around pipes to replace them, so I need to put it back around the pipes. Will go to store to buy some today so I can get that job taken care of. I did find 2 cans of that foam in DH's stash of things. He has things in that stash that I have no idea what it is for. But will figure it out. 

Annarchy, have a safe and fun trip. 

Edited by Littlesister
Hit save again to soon.
  • Like 2

Shopping at Lehman's is strange because they have all kinds of things in the store that they don't show on their website. Not sure why they do that. They have an entire section of canner spare parts in the store that they don't list online. What they show on their website and in their catalog is nothing compared to what is actually in the store. Maybe they get a lot if call-in orders?  It's a great place to be though. 

Congrats on G-son getting a job!  :cele: 

Down in the DIY section I posted something about insulation around pipes. I took steel wool, mixed in a little calk and stuffed it in the holes. Then I sprayed that Great Stuff on top. It really expands! When it was dry I took a knife and trimmed it down flat. I did the same thing in the utility closet. I will also do it around water pipes in the laundry and kitchen when I get new appliances. I think it will help rodent and bugs from coming in plus help keep out cold air. That's my thinking at least. One thing though, if you use the Great Stuff foam, wait until you are ready to fill all of the holes at once because that stuff hardens in the nozzle and it's easy to waste a can before you get to the other holes. I was really surprised by how big some of the holes around some of the water pipes were. 

• Like 3

Last time that great stuff foam got used was when DH used it around the air-conditioning pipes inside the linen closet. Mice would come up under the house through there. Haven't had an issue since. That stuff works great. But I am thinking this mouse came in from under garage door. Sill trying to figure out how to fix that issue since it is the floor under the door. Working on something but need to make sure it won't interfere with the door touching down on floor all the way across. It's things like this that I need DH. But that isn't happening, so got to figure out things myself. I will get it figured out though. 

Ran up to store for steel wool and eggs. Nice combination of stuff. 

• Like 3

I went shopping again today. I wasn't going to but it was housekeeping day and I like to leave when they come in. I know if I stayed here I'd try to pitch in and 'help'. I can't stand to sit around and watch someone work. Makes me feel lazy. So I always leave. 

I went to my pharmacy to ask about the Afrin that I never received. She said they didn't get that order. Odd because three of them were ordered at the exact same time. Pharmacist said I could get it OTC. I already did that but wasn't sure if it was the same strength. It is. I'm off of it a week and back on for three days so it's no big deal. I really like my pharmacist. He gives good shots and he also gave me two syringes to help irrigate my ears. 

I ended up at a Wal-Mart across town. Last night it dawned on me that I have no towels and no wash rags at the house. So, instead of stealing some from the hotel (:grinning-smiley-044:) I went ahead and bought some. I have plenty...you know where. Now I have plenty more. I think I need a blanket too. In the beginning I was in such a rush to get things packed up and moved that I forgot that I have to still live there for awhile yet. I was going to get canned pumpkin at Sam's but Wal-Mart had it right there so I went ahead and bought it. Got 8 small-ish cans. I picked up two glass containers. One for all of that Clear Jel I bought and a small one for canning salt. Seems like I needed another small one for something but I couldn't remember for what. 

Two big shopping days in a row and not a hint of passing out. I knew it was that BP med. 

Oh and in case you are wondering, The Rolling Stone magazine I bought yesterday isn't an old one after all. It's a SPECIAL edition. Just thought I'd share that. :D 

I am so in love with that man it's pitiful!  I just look at his picture and smile like an idiot.  :knary:

rs-839-main.webp

• Like 3