MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Things that should not be

I will try just about anything (not bugs.)  But I wont try this:  Please add recipes that should not exist to this thread.  

Spam-dy

• 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
  • 1/4 cup candied pecans, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 cup dark chocolate melting chocolates
  • 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. Cut the SPAM® Classic into 16 bar-shaped slices, placing each slice on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
  3. In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, maple syrup, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
  4. Brush the mixture evenly on all 16 slices of SPAM® Classic.
  5. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and turn slices over.
  6. Brush the slices with additional glaze and bake for another 15 minutes, then move the slices to a parchment-lined cooling rack.
  7. While the SPAM® Classic slices are cooling, use a small bowl to mix the chopped pecans, sea salt, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon for topping, then set aside.
  8. In a double boiler, melt both chocolates, stirring until smooth.
  9. Using tongs, dip each piece of candied SPAM® Classic in the melted chocolate until coated on all sides.
  10. Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with the pecan mixture.
  11. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or until set. Makes 16 bars. Store in refrigerator.
  • Confused 3

Ummm, is this supposed to be Candy?  Or a protein snack? I suppose it’s kind of like chocolate covered bacon?  

I really hope someone tries this and lets us know …..why! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds like something you could do with bacon. Salty/sweet. This isn’t something I’d make (bacon or spam), but if someone else made it, I’d give it a try. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jeepers said:

Since it said Classic Spam my first thought would be something more like ham rather than bacon. Most of those ingredients go with a baked ham. Not sure about the chocolate though. :shrug:

That is what I was thinking too. I thought hey maybe if I have to cook SPAM this might be good, that was until I got to the chocolate and that is when I said nope not happening.

• Haha 3

I know people who make award winning chili with chocolate in it.  That seems almost as unlikely as having it with Spam.  I am seriously allergic to chocolate and would be I. Serious trouble if someone hid chocolate in a food.  At least this is visible!  My family loves chocolate covered bacon.  

• Like 1