MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I have heard that this printing is very hard to acquire.  

I recently purchased the Kindle version the 2016 printing because there was a recipe in it that I wanted to try to make. I was quite surprized and very disappointed that I was not able to print the page(s) as a PDF. Instead I found myself taking a screen shot of it and processing it through a "paint" application to adjust the image, then pasting that into a Word document so I could print it. It was quite the PITA!!! <_< 

Edited by Midnightmom
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thanks, OOTO. I saw it online at a couple of random hardware stores but shipping was high and I wasn't sure when I'd get it. I'm hoping it will be on Amazon in a week or two. Free shipping and fast delivery. Spoiled. But if not, I will order it from Good's 

I have actually been to that store. It is fantastic. It's a really nice place to shop. A number of years ago I was doing the Lancaster County circuit and ended up in New Holland (huge livestock auction :rolleyes:) and took a short jaunt over to the store. 

i would really like to take one more trip to PA before I leave here. Its a days drive to get over there but two days from the other side of Indy. :sigh:

• Like 2

Jeepers, might be time to get all those places in while you are still in Ohio. Wish we had some good stores like that. In VA the have stores classed as A stores B stores ext. We get all the B stores. They are much smaller and not always much to choose from. We now have a Home Goods. The one in Newport News is huge. The one we have here now is very small compared to the Newport News store. This is how it is. And I heard we are supposed to get a Hobby Lobby but that too will be a B store. Small but at least we will have one here. 

• Like 1

I forgot about going to PA. But I really should take a week off and go over one last time. I like to do the tourist stuff  but I also like to go up in the central mountain areas too. And just ride around and take in the sights. Not real easy driving and trying to take pictures at the same time. There is another area I like to visit in PA but there isn't much to see except for a few orange Amish buggies. Finding them isn't always easy. And a place in Eastern Indiana where they only drive open buggies come rain or snow. 

I like going by myself so I can keep my own schedule and not worry about someone else. But I'd also like a camera person along too. 

I'm thinking hard about one more week over there after I get back from G-sons birthday party in two weeks. Finish the house, go to party in indy, go to PA, then call the movers and the realtor. 

I'd have to study up on some of the back roads again. Two years I was very brave and I had three different guys take me on solo rides through the countryside by ourselves. Just so I could get the sounds of a buggy on different pavement and going through a covered bridge and gravel. It was awesome. They didn't appreciate the thrill I felt and charged me accordingly! Worth it because I didn't have other tourists yacking throughout the trip. I could record just the buggy and horse sound and cars speeding by. I was a lot less shy back then and asked for what I wanted. I still have that CD and threw in some horse sounds in the background and a couple of birds chirping. I used to be able to do this stuff when I had Windows XP. I'd like to get back into that some time. :sigh:  I have all kinds if sound CD's from Amish country. Hope I can find them. 

• Like 3

I have hard copies of the rest of the Ball books. I guess I need to get the new one to see how they are different.  The differences are fascinating for years.  

DD 27 lives near Pittsburg, PA in one of the outlaying towns.  We travel there on occasion.  It requires traveling through Richmond/DC though and that is a whole issue in itself.  She is engaged this year so I believe that more trips are in our future.  

We already  have a Hobby Lobby within 30m of my house in Chesapeake.  We have most of the stores available on the east coast within 30m of my house.  DH drives the kids there even if I do not go.  It is a good area for shopping if that is your thing.  

Edited by euphrasyne
  • Like 3

I go to Hobby Lobby quite often. They have my style of 'farm' decor. :rolleyes:  Plus crafty things. They and Michael's have some nice science type kits for kids too. Some from National Geographic etc. Congrats to your daughter! Exciting times could be in your future.  :wub:

I'll definitely order the new Ball book. I just got a newer one not long ago but it isn't this one. I think it said the 37th. edition where this one is the 38th. There was a recent change in how long we are supposed to can chicken. I can't remember if it only has to do with raw pack or not. Or maybe it's bone in chicken. I don't remember but it will be good to have an up to date book. I'd love to have one of the first Ball books for nostalgia. 

• Like 3

Well OOTO, thanks for the link to the Good Store.  Not.  LOL.  :grinning-smiley-044:

I got lost in the book section and ended up ordering a bunch (way too many) books for GS. But, but, but they are nice ones. I can't remember all of them but something like, "If you were a kid during..." I got some about the Civil War and Revolution. Also one about being a pilgrim during the first Thanksgiving. Boy stuff.  A couple others I can't remember. And a ton of the Berenstain Bears books. They are cute and teach all sorts of morals and manners etc. I ended up with about 20 books and only one for me. I ordered the Ball Blue book that I originally went for. Sigh. I don't feel too bad though because I was going to give him a Barnes and Noble gift card for his birthday and he would have just used it to buy something soccer related, like cards, or a toy. Not that I'm against any of that...his money. A couple of the Bears books were about money and saving it and spending it wisely. But I think I made better choices. I'm telling myself that. 

I had to send it to his house because, unlike Amazon, I didn't get a delivery date and I might not be here to receive it. I'll be in Indy the weekend of the 4th. 

When I placed my order my card was denied. I got a notice from my bank fraud department saying a suspicious purchase was trying to be made and they locked my card. I immediately called and got it taken care of. A real person, albeit in India, unlocked it. Probably because I've never ordered from there and it was kind of a big (for me) order. Right around $100.00 but heck, I can spend that much at the grocery store these days. Luckily all the books were still in my shopping cart at Good's. It's embarrassing when that happens but I'm glad they were looking out for my card. I love my bank. 

• Like 4

Jeepers, I have had that happen to me a few times. If the card company doesn't recognize the store as being legit then it will lock your card. Once you let them know you made the purchase then they will unlock it so you can make that purchase. It's frustrating but at least they do look out for you. 

I ordered the Ball Blue book and got it yesterday. Lots of different things in there. I like it.

Will be checking that store out for other things as well in a week or so. 

Euphrosyne, congratulations on your daughter's engagement.  

I am so used to going to Newport News/Hampton to the bigger stores like Hobby Lobby and others, I never head out to Chesapeake, Norfolk or VA Beach. Traffic is way worse than going where I go. And where I live it is just easier for me. Plus, there are other places I go on the way to the bigger stores. It's why I take day trips when I go. I hit several stores in one day. Don't always buy anything in some of them. Just depends on what I am looking for. I need to make a trip to Green's Farm Market in the next 2 or 3 weeks. That is in Newport News also. 

• Like 3

Truthfully, I never shop unless DH can drive me.  We go to Virginia Beach, Newport News, Chesapeake, Sufolk, Norfolk, and otherwise in Hampton Roads ...but only if DH is off and available to drive.  It is all within 30 minutes of my house.  We usually make a day of it and take a very large cooler for cold food.  Luckily, his work schedule means he has every other Friday off and we go somewhere roughly once a month or 6 weeks.  

Edited by euphrasyne
  • Like 2