MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Ice Cream Recall!!!

:sigh:

Ice cream brands sold at Walmart, Giant Eagle recalled

A recall alert has been issued for some ice cream products sold nationwide at retailers like Walmart and Giant Eagle.

According to the U.S Food and Drug Administration, Totally Cool, Inc., based in Maryland, recalled multiple brands of ice cream products that could potentially be contaminated with listeria monocytogenes.

The list of recalled products includes some popular name brands such as Hershey’s Ice cream, Jeni’s, and more.

The FDA notes that no illnesses have been reported to date.

https://kdvr.com/news/ice-cream-brands-sold-at-walmart-giant-eagle-recalled/

Alternate source: https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/totally-cool-inc-recalls-all-ice-cream-products-because-possible-health-risk

• Thanks 3

I saw this also and don't recognize the brand. Hope that means I can still buy what we have when it's on sale. 

There have been way too many recalls on things. Starting to wonder what is going on. I get that e-mail also for recalls. It's crazy. 

Problem is Totally Cool is the manufacturer of many brands. I can't remember all of them but one had the name Hershey in the title. 

There is also a black pepper recall.

I do agree that we need at least a thread for recalls.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

The question would be for where to put it would be do you want it in an area where anyone can see it or to keep it in one of the private areas of the form. I do agree the sunporch is not the place for recalls. 

I've not heard of that brand either but am definitely starting to wonder what's going on.  They are trying to kill off the cows. We need cows for milk. Milk is used to make ice cream. Do you get where I am going with this?

53 minutes ago, Darlene said:

Yeah, the sunporch is not the place for recalls.

Any suggestions on where it would fit better?

I think they decided on the Pinching Pennies forum.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Necie said:

I think they decided on the Pinching Pennies forum.

:thumbs:

I also thought that might be the correct forum for sale items, so that is why I posted the Greenstalk sale there instead of in any of the gardening forums. I hope it gets seen there. :bouquet:

• Like 3