MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Freeze Dryer

Joyfilled

Hello, everyone!! :wave:

Wondering if anyone has a freeze dryer and what your experience is with it? Any hints, tips or techniques? Ours arrived today, earlier than expected!! So now we're scrambling to get it set up. Soon, I hope!! 

• Like 2

:wave:  Hellos Joyfilled.  It is soooooo good to see you here.  

I have zero experience with a freeze dryer but have looked at them with avid interest.   I will be following this thread to see what others say but also to read about YOUR first hand experience with one.  

:hug3:

• Like 3

Hello Joyfilled.   I also don't have experience with freeze dryers, but I do want one. I have watched many U-Tube videos on them.  I would love to have one, but right now other things are needed first.  

Can't wait to go on that journey of you learning to use it and how you like it.  I think it would be a fun experience to learn.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Mother said:

:wave:  Hellos Joyfilled.  It is soooooo good to see you here.  

I have zero experience with a freeze dryer but have looked at them with avid interest.   I will be following this thread to see what others say but also to read about YOUR first hand experience with one.  

:hug3:

Thanks, Mother! I think of you all often, but tend to get overwhelmed with so many places to respond to (my sisters alone have 3 places they send me messages to!!). I'm thankful for communication, but wow! It is a lot sometimes and I have to back off. 

We are still preparing the space, but hopefully soon. I am hoping before the end of this week for sure. We have so much going on, I wish they had let us know that it was coming! This is a busy week for us and we can't give it full attention even though we want to. 

I'll share more info and pictures when I get them! :bighug2:

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, Littlesister said:

Hello Joyfilled.   I also don't have experience with freeze dryers, but I do want one. I have watched many U-Tube videos on them.  I would love to have one, but right now other things are needed first.  

Can't wait to go on that journey of you learning to use it and how you like it.  I think it would be a fun experience to learn.

I'm so excited, I just wish we had been able to have it set up immediately!! Cold season is upon us, so nothing fresh out of the garden, but I'm going to be emptying out our freezers and making ready to eat meals. Soups, cheese, milk, sour cream, meats....so many things....shelf stable for years if properly put away. So, so excited!! 🎉 Thanks for taking the journey with me!!:bighug2:

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, Jeepers said:

Ohhh, that's exciting! Only thing I know about them is that I want one. Please keep us posted as you learn. I want to know too. Looks like you are going to be our tutor on this one.  :D

Trial and error it will be! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1